“Average beach cafe food, but GREAT view!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Bucket

The Beach Bucket
867 South Atlantic Avenue, located within Ocean East at SE corner, Ormond Beach, FL 32176
386-677-8111
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 169 restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: The Beach Bucket is the Locals Secret Little Piece Of Paradise. Kick back, relax and enjoy watching/listening to the Ocean Waves and watch Surfers while eating breakfast, lunch or dinner...with full bar. Parking: On Harvard St. Free Valet Parking in Ocean East parking lot if space available in Andy Romano parking lot
“Average beach cafe food, but GREAT view!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We ate here for dinner. The servers were friendly and prompt. Very kid-friendly (just note that there is not a kid's menu. His meal was $7.50, so not bad.). My 2 1/2 year old loved his chicken fingers and french fries. I had the blackened shrimp tacos and sweet potato fries which were very good...my only complaint was that the guacamole was a little brown (probably sat under the heat too long). It tasted okay, though. My husband got 1/2 lb. steamed shrimp, which was a smaller portion than expected, but good. We split the crab cakes, which were kind of mushy and not the best I've ever had, but were okay.

Overall, we would return there...the view was great and the food was decent. I've heard that their breakfast and brunch are really good, and would definitely try that next time. Definitely sit outside!

• 3 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
“Are you serious?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner the service was good but the food was horrible. I ordered a Turkey Ruben and it was $8.99 and it was to tiny barley any meat the bread was on toast you use for breakfast and the worst part instead of having sauerkraut on it they put coleslaw seriously do you people not know what a ruben is. Plus we ordered fish dip and that was also gross.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“An Old Fave, We Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Well, I am always set up for a bit of bias if I eat somewhere I have had so many good times at before! I am glad to report that, if you want a really great beachfront meal, The Beach Bucket continues to impress.

We went quite a few times this month and service was excellent as always.
We had so many different things, all good and so I will just describe my favourite; Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich-do pay the extra buck to have this kind of fish, definitely! This was delicious, I can only suggest you go there and try for yourselves!

Thanks Bucket people, we love it here still!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Volusia County, FL
“Great outdoor atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you're looking for an ocean view on a warm summer night, the Beach Bucket fits the description. There was a typical afternoon rainstorm earlier, but the sun came out again by 5 PM.
We were joining another couple before an evening performance at a community theater, so we had a deadline that was easily met.
The Beach Bucket is all outdoor service, 3 tiers of tables outside a resort (forgot the resort name). Not sure about the rules, but it seems that Tier 3 (closest to the beach) has smoking allowed. We're non-smokers, so we chose Tier 2 with Tier 1 being closest to the ground level entrance.
It is all-day service and to be honest, it seems like the breakfast menu is more extensive than the lunch and dinner ones. There were only 3 or 4 menu items listed as dinner. Perfect for what we wanted...and one friend did choose the crab cake dinner option. Two of us had the 1/2 pound burger with various options. Number 4 had the "beef on weck" sandwich. Beef on weck is a Buffalo, NY classic (shaved prime rib served with au jus on a roll)...she lived in Buffalo for a few years. Sides were fries or slaw. One order of jalapeno poppers was shared. Drink-wise, 2 people chose the happy hour cocktail special of the day (rated just OK), one had the happy hour beer special ($2.50)...Mexican cerveza. Number 4 had un-sweet tea. Sandwiches were $8-$9. I think the dinner was $15.
All in all, it was a pleasant experience...a beautiful, breezy evening in mostly sunny Florida. If you do not live here, come back November through April for our primo season. Summers are hot and humid, but AC and ocean breezes make it tolerable. We could not stand Northeast winters anymore!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Holly Hill, Florida
“Great view and coffee.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast. The atmosphere in the pub area is nice. The seating on the deck was comfortable. The view of the beach was awesome.

Our server was prompt and very polite. The coffee was not "gourmet", but very nice for a diner.

My wife had the biscuits and gravy. She said the biscuits tasted good, but the sausage gravy was awful. It certainly looked awful. My ham, Swiss and mushroom omelette was a bit bland. But salt & pepper helped it out.

We'll probably return. But there are better breakfasts in Ormond Beach.

• 3 of 5 stars Food