“Best Italian Restaurant in area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Schodack Landing, New York
“Best Italian Restaurant in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

In Daytona for bike week and this restaurant was recommended to us. It was fantastic. We started with homemade 1/2 garlic, 1/2 regular italian bread. Served hot. Had the stuffed muchrooms for apetizer. Received 6 lg. They were excellent. The eggplant and the chicken parm was superb. Side of angel hair cooked perfect. I'm not one for someone elses sauce but I have to admit this was good. Received more than we could eat. Homemade canoli for desert topped it off. Looking forward to returing.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Palm Coast, Florida
“DepotBob”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We always ask for a waiter named Charlie. He never writes anything down and always puts everything right where it belongs without asking. They start you off with fresh, out of the oven bread and salads servced on ice cold metal plates with dressings on the side. The portions are large and authentic Italian. The place has an atmosphere that takes you back in time. Veal parm is large and served hot as are all their dishes. We always take friends there that we want to impress.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ormond Beach, Florida
“My most favorite Italian restaurant in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If it is Father's Day or my birthday, my family doesn't even bother asking me where I want to go for dinner. They know it will be Mario's and I'll be ordering the Chicken Parm with a side order of spaghetti and honey mustard on my salad. Charlie will be our server and he knows we want the freshly baked Italian bread and the garlic bread. We have been doing this for over thirty-five years and will continue to do so. We never leave empty handed, always left overs.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Old time Italian ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We have been here a couple times. The service is good and the garlic bread is a great starter. We ordered the calamari ,crispy and tender not chewy with a hint of lemon. I tried the Alfredo since I find their tomato sauce acidic , the Alfredo was good rich and creamy a repeat for sure.

Daytona Beach, Florida
“That's Amore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place has been a staple for Italians and foodies alike since the mid-70's. The chicken parm subs are almost too big to eat alone. The calamari is great! The marsala is also amazing! I'm sure it's all wonderful...I would suggest anyone in the area stop in and try it!

• Visited September 2013