“Customer service at it's best!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Deck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Sun Deck Motel
You added Sun Deck Motel to your Saves list
1285 Ocean Shore Blvd, Ormond Beach, FL 32176   |
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Customer service at it's best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at sundeck. We stayed for two days and nights right before bike week. We were on our way back from Orlando and decided to spend a few days at the beach. We were very impressed with the value and friendliness. The rooms are spotless, but could use some updating. A wonderful value for a young family like ours.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This was my second time at the "Sun Deck " and I loved it last year and loved it even more this year . I made some wonderful friends last year and got to see them again and can't wait to see them all in 2012 . The people there are friendly ...the staff is wonderful and amazing ....Robert and Michelle you are the best !!! The rooms are clean and comfortable . The location is fantastic . We planned a cookout ...( grill provided ) ...and Robert brought us a second grill from his home and extra chairs without us asking ....that is service from the heart and you will never find that anywhere else ! Miss You all and can't wait to come back !!
Toni & Mark

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon at the Sundeck Motel. It was perfect for us. It was quiet, no disturbances from others staying there, the staff was very friendly and didn't disturb us once. The proximity to the beach is wonderful. It is also great if you are on a tight budget, or are trying to find somewhere cost effective to stay. We loved it! Highly recommended from these two newlyweds. :)

• Stayed September 2010
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

These guys' hearts are in the right place. The rooms are clean, affordable, and its right on the beach, now THATS a motel. I will be staying here in future times. DEFINATELY. Oh yeah, it also has some of the friendliest people you will ever encounter working here and staying here!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I stay at the Sundeck and I honestly have never stayed in a motel that was this comfortable. It is like a home away from home. I am directly on the beach, across the street from stores that I can get everything I would ever need for my vacation, the rooms are supplied with dishes and all i need to cook (even a toaster and can opener), the staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very clean and bug free (very hard to find in florida) and most of all, the rates are so affordable that it only makes sense to stay here. I am a long time resident of Volusia county and have stayed in many of the motels along the beach and away from it, you WILL NOT find a better motel and for the price, one would be a fool to go anywhere else. I have 2 small children and i could not feel any safer. My boyfriends motorcycle had also gotten hit by a cab that tried to take off at 3am while we were asleep. The owner had seen it happen and to make a long story short, the outcome was good because Keith (the owners son) was kind enough to ensure it WASNT a hit and run. Thankyou Keith! If you have not been here and are looking for Daytona's best kept secret as far as motel's go, just come check it out. You will not be dissapointed! My review may sound as if i am an employee but, i am not. Just very happy that I found this place and you will to along with all the repeat visitors they have constantly. That's another thing, the people who come to stay here are great as well. Oh, almost forgot. They also have gas grills that make my stay that much more fun. I could go on some more but, I'll leave the rest for you to see for yourself.

• Stayed November 2010
South Mountain, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

I had a bit of concern when the most recent reviews I read were by first-time posters to TripAdvisor, but I decided to ignore that concern. I shouldn't have. I don't want to sound like this motel is bad, it isn't bad. It just doesn't live up to the rave reviews and probably shouldn't be ranked #1.

Yes, the staff there are great, very friendly and eager to assist. The location is wonderful with a lovely beach. Sadly, I found lower prices later for other Ormond Beach hotels, so as to value, I have to say this was not the greatest value.

The property is maintained but old. Sometimes you just can't fix "old." Our room was as promised -- queen bed and kitchen area. I wanted to open the windows to catch the beautiful ocean breeze and listen to the waves (the reason I was requested an oceanfront room) and found the windows could not be opened. The room above us had their windows open but I could not move ours.

The bed was the smallest "queen" size bed we have ever slept in. Very bad night of sleep between the size of the bed and quality of the pillows. Had to go to the office to get extra pillows. (We were supposed to sleep on the pillowcase-less pillows inside the pillow shams? I don't think so.) And also had to ask for a blanket -- the young man found one and it wasn't queen size. He told me we were supposed to sleep under the bedspread. No, bedspreads are not to be slept under. Ewww. (In all fairness, I did finally find a blanket the next morning in the kitchen area, so there was a blanket in the room.) Realized in the morning that neither shampoo nor hair dryer were provided.

The thing that unsettled me the most is that some people LIVE in the motel. We saw into a room that was most obviously a residence (personal furniture, decor, and a very green aquarium). The only way I can describe this is creepy. I know that motels in my area where people live are the ones I tell visitors to avoid.

Overall, this location was a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Longwood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is a no frills motel, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's located steps away from Ormond Beach, has a very attentive staff. The furniture is outdated and the walls are paper thin, but when you figure in the price, the good definitely outweighs the bad. I wouldn't stay here every time I visited Ormond Beach, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sun Deck Motel? Share your experiences!