“Call this hotel NASTY!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Ormond Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   281 South Atlantic Avenue, Ormond Beach, FL 32176-8147   |
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Novi, Michigan
“Call this hotel NASTY!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

All I can say is...dirty, dirty, dirty....

Mold growing everywhere and the ammonia smell will literally make you choke on the air.

No refunds here so be sure you want to stay! The pool is not usable, there is no breakfast like they say, and I would have rather slept in my car!

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. Also, there are new owners, but they seem to think the place is clean. I complained and asked for a new room...they finally upgraded my to one without cigarette butts under the bed, but this one has someones old underwear and leftover lunch under the bed. When I complained the maid said "its too hard for me to bend down to get under there".

Bring your own lysol, sheets, towles, and everything else you ,may need.

This place used to be nice, but needs to be torn down now!!!

Oh yeah..and the walls are so thin I could hear our neighbor chewing his food...yuck! Thank go he wasn't doing any other personal things while we were there!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Warren, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

My family and I stayed in this hotel in 2005. It was great, espcially compared to Coral Beach. We planned to stay in Coral Beach, but it was terrible, so we decided to stay at Best Western Mainsail. I really liked the theme of the hotel, too. :)

• Stayed July 2010
Hurricane, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stayed there 42 years ago to the week and came back and had a fabulous time. Our room was freshly painted and very clean and zero bugs. The ocean view was awesome and brought back so many great memories. We met wonderful people staying there around the pool. We stayed longer then planned. We originally were going to stay 3-5 days but we stayed seven full days and did not want to leave. We recognize that there are some improvements on the horizon due to age. Troy was very upfront in describing future projects. The key to staying is the "HUMAN FACTOR" that you do not get in every hotel. It was very pleasant .

The staff was terrific . Troy, the manager , was extremely accommodating and went out of his way to make us feel so welcome. Chris made the reservations with us over the phone and was very professional. He also helped us find a church for Sunday mass. Dwight was very friendly and went out of his way to help with the luggage. We look forward to booking two weeks next year and meeting our new friends again.

Troy: Thanks for a GREAT VACATION! Jack and Sheryl Hipple

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Called to verify my reservation that i booked through .....Wasnt happy with the result of my room, the manager Troy was very accomadating aiming to please me in any way that he could. The end result is that im a very hard traveler to please and now hestitant to come to this hotel, cant wait to arrive. We need more managers of this nature for travelers who are traveling on business or pleasure to make their stay as comfortable as possible. So even though some of the reviews on this establishement arn't appealing, they are trying to make changes from what i can see without even staying here yet, the one good upgrade that they have made was MAKING TROY THE MANAGER. good job, cant wait to meet u in person. thanks for everything.

THE NEW YORKER

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

I have reviewed all of the posts on this property. My name is Troy Waranka and I am the new General Manager of the Mainsail Inn & Suites. I just want to re-assure everyone that our main focus is #1 Customer Service. Although it will take time to address all of the issues, I will focus myself and my staff to give you 100% satisfaction. If for any, and I mean ANY reason you are not satisfied, feel free to contact me directly. We want and deserve your respect as a guest and consumer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Middletown, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I was scheduled (and prepaid) to check in the mainsail on July 17, 2010. When I arrived, about two hours after checkin, I was advised that they "overbooked" and moved us to another hotel, The Driftwood, when I arrived at the Driftwood I could tell from the outside that it was a piece of crap. I asked to see the room before I made the decision to stay there. It was nasty small and had a horrible odor. The pool was small. I went back to Mainsail and told them they had to do better than that. So they sent me to another hotel that was directly next to the Driftwood which the same woman that was working the so called "office" at the Driftwood was in that office as well. So I am assuming they are owned by the same place. I prebooked the Mainsail from bookit.com which I have used for several years. Bookit said that because Mainsail had made us other accommodations (if that is what you call it) then we would have to pay any additional cost. Mainsail said this is common with bookit.com reservations. I had prepaid $408 for 5 nights at mainsail. I ended up finding a wonderful family resort (thanks to the girls working at the Comfort Inn on A1A, who went out of their way to call around to other hotels for me) and spent more than double my original cost. I would not recommend Mainsail to ANYONE!!!!!! Apparently this has happended many times before.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

We checked in only to find that the television and phone didn’t work. The smoke detector was gone, dead bugs on the wall, room smelled, bathroom was small and dark.
The next day, we had to ask again about the smoke detector and that evening had to ask for a new set of towels. Once again, we were told that the maintence guy would fix it and that we would have towels in a few minutes. We ended up waiting until almost midnight before we got towels; which we had to locate on our own.
I had to fight to have them take off extra charges since I never even booked with this place. I felt that since I was not the one who made the error, I should not pay anything more than what I booked at. I wasn’t told once about any of these changes.
The room wasn’t cleaned once and on the 3rd day, the housekeeper walked in the room without knocking, I wasn’t completely clothed, she saw this and still continued to come in the room to drop off towels. No apology, nothing
By the 3rd night, we had given up on asking for anything else and spent the night with my parents.
I had to wash all of our clothes, even things we didn’t wear, twice because they still smelled like the hotel once we got home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!