“Greek salad is awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Greek salad is awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I have been eating at this place since I was 5 I am now 25. It is by far one of the best pizza places in the area. The pizza is usually very good. I always get a pizza and a greek salad. The greek salad is like no other, it is soo good. No one makes a better greek salad then this place!! I am surprised by all of the bad reviews on the greek salad. The greek salad always leaves me wanting more the next day so I order the large so I have left over for the next day.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ormond Beach, Florida
“take out pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

After working, we took a break and on someone's recommendation, went to Stavro's for take out. I got a vegie with half pepperoni and believe me, the pizza was so wet it was not edible. After trying to dry it outi nin the oven,. we threw it out. Not sure if it was cooked but someone differently gave it a pan bath. Another thing, it was cooked in a pan. I have told my friend who recommended it not to give me any more references. Pizza is my comfort food and this was number one bad bad bad.

Visited August 2011
Louisville, Ky.
“If there was a way to leave less than one star for this review.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I am totally underwhelmed with everything about Stavros in Ormond Beach. My family arrived at 7:30 pm, & all we ever got to eat was the so called Greek Salad. Right......I have eaten many decent Greek Salads, & this was a serious joke. I am in my hotel room right now, at 8:50 pm, while my husband is going out to pick up Hungry Howie's, in Holly Hills.What our family prefers while visiting this area of Florida is Lenny"s Pizza, just a block North of Stavros. Lenny's has outstanding food AND service.

I can not speak of the food at Stavros, as we were never served. We ordered at 7:30, I was served my Greek Salad, as they call it, which was nothing more than shaved lettuce, (the same that they use on sandwiches) with Feta cheese, some white onions, & green peppers. Oh, & one olive & one pepperonchini pepper. Wow. What a disappointment. We went to Lenny's first, but we had forgotten it was closed on Mondays.

Our server, Liz, was the only server working tonight. The tables were mostly empty when we walked in. There were maybe three other parties dining in. We waited so long, and watched other diners with their food, that it was just getting to be a joke. We asked about our order, & we were told that it would be just a few minutes. When we decided that we were tired of waiting,(45 minutes) we asked our server to please have our order boxed to go. She said no problem. She brought us the check, which was $35 & change. She never did bring us the change, which is a huge pet peeve of mine, having been a server in many restaurants in my life, this is something you just don't do. If is is a quarter, a dollar, or a nickel, you put it on the table, or hand it to the customer, and let them decide what, if any gratuity to give you, for the service you provided.

From my observations, I believe that the cook was catering to the delivery & carry out customers, as we saw many, many orders go out the door, while we were waiting..........And, waiting.......and, waiting.....and finally had to demand our money back. When I did ask for my money back, I was told that our food was coming out in a minute, & I stated that my minutes were up. The server informed the cook that we didn't want our order, due to the long wait, & gave us our money.

As we were walking out the door, I heard the cook wish us a nice evening, in a very sarcastic way. I started to walk back in and tell him off. My husband told me to just get into the car, as we had to feed our children. It was then that I remembered my old friend Tripadvisor.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harilaos63, Owner at Stavros Original Pizza House IV, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
About your experience with our store I would like to tell you that particular night we were extremely busy and your pizza took a lot longer than it should have, as far as the waitress not bringing you back your change is because she laid it down by the register and asked us to ring it up but being busy it took a little while to get to. I guess in hinesight she should have said here is your ticket and they will ring you up at the register.Then you decided to leave before getting your change all you had to do is come to the register and inquire about it or ask your waitress where was your change.By the way nobody was being sarcastic with you when we wished you a good night is our normal say when people leave sorry you took it the wrong way hope when you get back into town you stop by and give us another try we really try very hard to please our customers and I mean that in every way Thank you Harry IoannidisOwner/Manager
Middletown, Ohio
“Some people love it- I think it is so-so. Calazone is good though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Our friends rave about the greek salad. Come on. Its iceberg lettuce with ham. The whole thing is shaved thin. I told my kids it looked like someone gave their ham a haircut! Even the lettuce is shaved thin - I think they just use the same lettuce they cut for their subs. If you order a medium or large salad to share, make sure and tell the waitress you want more than 2 olives. I think I can copycat this one at home. I looked at the ingredients on the menu and they weren't all on my salad at Port Orange. The dressing is canola oil & red wine vinegar. They say they sprinkle oregano, we had none. When I make mine at home I'll use fresh oregano. Not sure if I will shave the meat and lettuce like a barber though.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rio Vista, California
“Greek Salad leaves you wanting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We lived in Daytona for 21 years and loved Stavros' Greek Salad. We have moved but I wanted to create that same salad here in CA so I looked up Stavros on line to remind myself what they put in it. Shredded lettuce, thinly sliced tomatos, green peppers and onions, strips of thinly sliced ham and salami, feta cheese, olives and Greek peppers whole. The dressing on top was homemade and I think it was a red wine vinegar and oil dressing, but would love to have the recipe. You can get pizza anywhere, but when we wanted a Greek salad that was always the same, Stavros it was! We had out of town guests who would have me pick up salads for dinner! So, take out a salad or go to the whole in the wall restaurant and have it. Forget ambiance and service, just enjoy the salad!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere