“Overrated” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 169 restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Baltimore, Maryland
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband and I went for dinner tonite. We were seated immediately, which was great. But we were seated in a seperate dining area. When I mean seperate, I mean in a room that looked like an addition, with no other diners. We thought maybe it was because we didn't have a reservation??? Throughout our entire dinner not one other table was sat in the same room. Not sure why this happened. Anyway that is not really why I am writing this. $4 margaritas was a plus, since I am a huge fan. When it came to the menu, great choices...but what we ordered wasn;t what we ecpected. I ordered the mahi-mahi grilled and added the Oscar which is crab, asparagus and hollaindaise. My husband ordered the filet and again added the Oscar style. Maybe we are spoiled, we live in Maryland, and take pride in our crab, this was a dissappointment. The crab was minced...I said MINCED CRAB MEAT!! Who knew this even existed, Very disturbing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Greater Cleveland
“Get real - it's not that good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

If you live in the Daytona Beach area, this might be fine dining to you. If you live in a place that is not trashy, then it's not. Since the entire state Florida is not really a place to find great cusine other than in Miami, it's no surprise people think this place is good. Stonewood is a regional chain. I had a recommendation that it was the best restaurant in the Daytona area. I don't usually go to chain places much but if it's a chain that is regional and/or I've never tried it, I am usually willing to give it a shot. One thing I liked is that we were there on $4 mojito night. The mojitos were fine. I ordered a pork dish with a salty creamy sauce that wasn't really that good. I had some corn risotto and that was not bad but not great. The french fries were abominable. They were really a joke. They were not even as good as a fast food restaurant. From a place like this, I would expect crispy, fresh cut fries. These were limp, bland, shoestring french fries. I could think of countless places that have more thoughfully made french fries in Cleveland that are not necessarily packaged as fine dining. I haven't been to all of the dining spots in the area yet but I'm sure Hyde Park is better than this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Daytona Beach, FL
“Don't get the Heritage Onion Soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

We usually like this local restaurant very much. The Asian salad looks beautiful but beware- it has a bite to the dressing. Other than that, quite big and filling. One of us ordered the Heritage Onion Soup. It was so salty as to make mouth feel raw. Unless you like your food very salty, do not order this soup! The Grilled Asparagus with Brie salad is a nice combination. Warm sourdough bread is excellent and almost worth the visit. Excellent service.

Florida
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We've been here a couple of times, the prices are a little higher than some of the places in the area, but it is definitely worth it! The food is delicious! The atmosphere is perfect & the waitstaff can't be beat!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Elegance at the Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We've dined at Stonewood Grill a few times and never have we been disappointed... this visit was no different. Our waiter welcomed us as soon as we were seated, took our drink orders, and made menu suggestions. We were a party of 6. Our orders included a delicious broiled Pompano, very tender Filet served with garlic mashed potatoes (which could have used a bit more garlic), and a nicely seasoned creamed spinach. My grandson ordered the lamb chops which were perfectly broiled and served with seasoned french fries (he's 12!) For dessert we sampled the Key Lime Pie (not too tart, just right) and the Chocolate Toffee Mousse Pie (heavenly!!). And I don't want to forget about the Pear Pama Martini - it was Wednesday which is $5 Martini Night - fantastic! I would definitely recommend a visit to Stonewood Grill if you're in the Ormond Beach area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere