“Dinner!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 177 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Dessert, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
ormond beach
“Dinner!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I know alot of the older locals love this place & they always have cars in the lots, not packed like Alfies though.I personally wasn't impressed at all. I have never been back...Most of the people in there the day I went were older & some sitting at the bar seemed very content, lonely or bored. I guess this was their hang out.

Visited December 2012

“Excellent food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our lunches were great. Burger was perfectly cooked. Onion rings are to die for. Crisp salad with fried haddock very tasty. A great experience. We'll be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful, Friendly, Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

It is a home style looking restaurant. The view of the ocean while eating is very relaxing. We had shrimp and fish platters. The batter they use is the most unique flavor, best we have ever ate. You have to try their onion rings. They are homemade and great. The waitress was always joking with us and gave us wonderful service. I wanted dessert, it looked great and very generous pieces but I was too full. Dont leave Ormond Beach without eating there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Loved it, and will be taking friends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were the first to arrive, and in the hour we were there the place filled up. Our waitress was wonderful. She gave suggestions, asked our preferences, and made timely stops to refill drinks and check back although she was busy with several new arrivals.

Our haddock was perfectly cooked, moist and crisp, light, not greasy. The fries and onion rings were the same. We split the order, and each had a different cup of soup. The Ham, Bean, and Leek was delicious. My husband felt the same about the clam chowder, and complained of having clams stuck in his teeth.

Do not stuff yourself on entree & appetizer, because you must leave room for their homemade (really) desserts. They make an ONO (delicious) banana cream pie from an old recipe out of a Hawaiian cookbook. I know which one too. It is the only cream pie of any kind that I will eat. Most banana creams use an imitation banana flavoring, and not enough bananas. The crust is not thick enough, and the filling is often too heavy. But this. . .they sell out quickly.

Enough said. Great place for families too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flowery Branch, Georgia, United States
“Betty meets Betty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Betty's A1A Cafe. He ordered Chicken Parmesan and I had their fried shrimp, clam chowder and fresh broccoli as sides. My shrimp was perfectly lightly breaded and the tails of the shrimp had been removed, so it was all shrimp! The clam chowder was excellent and broccoli was indeed fresh and steamed just right! Our waitress was kind and efficient and helpful. Betty, herself, came out to see how we were enjoying our meal. I asked, "Are you Betty?" She said, "I am," to which I responded, "I am Betty, too!" We enjoyed the intro's. Betty's restaurant was nice and clean and comfortable! I even left with a Betty's A1A Cafe T-shirt, my Ormond Beach Souvenir from our trip this week! On the back of the T-shirt it states, "We're All Here, cause We're Not All There!" ... Great Sense of Humor in the atmosphere of this place! Enjoyed! Thank you, Betty!

• Visited January 2013