“Not bad for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Cove

You added Atlantic Cove to your Saves list
Atlantic Cove
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 S Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, FL 32176 (Formerly Coral Beach Motel)   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Athens, Georgia
“Not bad for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is an older hotel, but you can tell the new management is putting some money back into it. The rooms and efficiencies are old, but the new bedding and refreshed bathrooms help a lot. The room was clean enough, but the balcony had some trash left on it from a prior guest. That being said, if you can get in a renovated, oceanfront room, it's a great value for the going rate. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a refreshed, oceanfront room.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed there two nights, taking a break from a long drive from the Keys as a midway point home. We didn't want to pay much, just hoping for a clean room with a good view. We were pleasantly surprised by a complete ocean front room with an unbelievable view that looked to be only steps from the wide beach that Daytona and Ormond Beach is famous for. The sound of crashing waves was very peaceful. The balcony was a nice size and the room while dated and modest was large in size with full refrigerator and kitchen, a little dated, but clean. The bed linens were very nice and the mattress very comfortable. The entire time we were there they were cleaning and sweeping out front in the parking lot and cleaning the pool and pool deck. Everything was very clean and the price was very low. Great place for middle income families to enjoy a low cost, clean, beautiful ocean front vacation. We saw a couple of reviews who said the view was not good, it looked to us like every room was full on ocean front. A couple of reviews said their room wasn't clean and if that is the case they have upgraded the housekeeping services by the time we stayed.

Room Tip: We asked for ocean front and that is what we got.
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Just due North of Daytona and within very short drive to Daytona Beach, raceway and right on the beach and gorgeous Atlantic Ocean panoramic views .. Swimming pool and excess parking with two queen size beds, great beds, balcony and views to retire here for! Good amenities and cleanliness is good , fridge was frozen solid and microwave and TV is antiquated but give it a 2.5 star out of 5 and the $80 Expedia price tag Canadian with all tax in was great!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In December, my husband and I decided to go to the Daytona 500. When I started looking for places to stay during our trip, most of them were already booked or really, really expensive. Even though all of the sites I checked said the Atlantic Cove didn't have any rooms available, I was able to get a room with a decent corporate rate through my job and is mainly why I chose to stay there. However, we had a really nice stay and I am happy with my choice. When we arrived at the hotel, I saw it has a great location right on the beach and is close to stores and restaurants. It also has a large parking lot, so we didn't have to fight for a spot. I know some of the other hotels in that area don't, so I thought that was something I should point out. Our check-in time was supposed to be at 3:00, but we got there early and were able to check in at about 11:00, which I really appreciated because I wasn't feeling well and needed to lay down. When we got to our 3rd floor oceanfront room, I was very happy with it. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was large, had comfortable beds, and had a balcony with a great view of the pool and the ocean. Another thing I noticed was that the room was quiet and you can't hear the road or what is going on in the room next to you. What stuck out the most though was that it was very clean, including the bathroom, which is the most important thing to me. After reading some of the reviews, I didn't have some of the complaints other people had, mine are a little different. One is that I guess the hot water ran out and I had to get three freezing cold showers out of the five I took there, which I really hate. Second is that there were hardly any TV channels and most of them were fuzzy. I am a big TV watcher though and this might have bothered me more than it would other people. Another minor issue was that the indoor pool was closed down by the Health Department. The hotel does also have a nice outdoor pool too, but it wasnt really swimming weather, so I would have liked to have been able to use the indoor one. All in all, however, we had a great experience and would surely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015
South Bend
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked 2 nights here which was too long in this hotel. I will say the location was good but that is it. The room was dirty and no coffee pot. We called housekeeping and she brought us a DIRTY coffee pot. The view was the road and parking lot and a tiny bit of ocean. Not what we were told it would be. We have stayed in some great hotels in this area, this was not one of them.

Roxboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our room was beachfront and had a kitchen, stove and microwave. Beautiful view of the Ocean right from our balcony. The room was clean and I'm a germa phobe so that's saying something. I still spray with Lysol and use my own sheets, blankets and pillows but that is just me. We only planned to stay for two nights but we loved the room so much we stayed two extra nights. Walls were thick enough that you really only heard the neighbors if they slid their chair across the tile floor. Staff was friendly and accommodating and gave me a great rate on my extra nights. Was $94 online with Expedia but got a $69 a night rate at the hotel desk for my second nights. Shopping, restaurants and grocery all within walking distance across the street. 15 minutes drive to Daytona Speedway.Will defiantly stay there every time I go to Daytona/Ormond Beach.

Room Tip: Beachfront is gorgeous but it does get very windy. Opt for ocean view instead if you are bothered by...
Jefferson City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While planning a trip to Florida one of the stops we wanted to make was in Ormond, to visit good friends. I ask about hotels and they named a few they had experiences with in the past but said Atlantic Cove was their favorite. We booked a couple of nights and we were very pleased with the property. We chose a ocean front room with a balcony and had fantastic ocean views. Atlantic Cove is not fancy but it is clean, comfortable beds, quiet and reasonably priced for a ocean front property. We were treated well by the staff. We didn't use it but the room had full size frig, oven, microwave and all necessary utensils if eating in is what you like.
Would not hesitate to book another stay.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantic Cove? Share your experiences!