“Cannot wait for our next visit - its worth the 8 hour flight from London!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charlie Horse Restaurant

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Takeout
Ormond Beach
“Cannot wait for our next visit - its worth the 8 hour flight from London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

we eat here regularly every winter and am afraid we forgot to say how wonderful this place was in 201o

The "all you can eat crab legs" special on Tuesdays is fantastic, the price is right and the atmosphere is always good with very friendly prompt service. The beer is good - real ale would be better - would be even better if they served Whitstable Bay "Oyster Stout" with the seafood.
Great views across the ocean - only yards from the beach - enjoy watching the whales migrate and a car park as well.

The Charlie Horse Restaurant should be in the Ormond Beach top 10.

We eat dinner here regularly every Tuesday between November and March.

Cant wait for our 1st trip this November 2011

Yours very sincerely and 'In God We Trust'
Slán agus beannacht De leat (Good Health and God's blessing on you)

James & Janice Monaghan
Bay Tree House Bed & Breakfast

• Visited December 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sapphire, North Carolina
“it was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

we had just arrived at Ormond Beach, and were hungry and had seen on tripadvisor to go eat here. We did, it was enough to satisfy our appitite, but thats as far as it goes. It was fast, and easy, so it served it purpose.

Visited November 2011
Saint Petersburg
“Best seafood I have had this year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We started our trek at BETTY'S A1A CAFE, and had to battle our way through 75 retiree's! While I have no problem with that, I couldn't bear the 85 degree heat, so we left and headed for CHARLIE HORSE. My son had read a good review and he loves to eat seafood. I also came with my pregnant Daughter-in-law, and between the three of us....we planned on putting some hurt on some serious seafood. We were immediately seated and it appeared to be my kind of place....casual Florida dining. I had the Cajun Mahi sandwich, and I would have to say there was almost a pound of fish on my bun! The fish was cooked to perfection. I don't know what they do to their Fries, but they were outstanding. Both my Son and Daughter-in-law had more crab legs than they knew what to do with! Perfectly steamed, and very moist! An endless supply of large Key West Shrimp was hidden under a large pile of fries, as if it were a bonus! The three of us got more-than-full for under $80!!!!!!!!!!! Next time I am in town, I will return! I'm sure BETTY'S is a fine place; just be warned it is not a young demographic!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Overated rated by locals.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Everyone said that this was the place to go. It was a small, hole-in-the-wall that was overpriced and a waiting line with people like us who were referred by hotel staff. Alot better places around to go.

Visited July 2011
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Very Good Place To Eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We always go to the Charlie Horse for the Clam Chowder.We no longer spend the winter in Daytona,but will make the 120 mile round trip 3 or 4 times to eat at the Charlie Horse.

• Visited February 2011