“Amazing Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Amazing Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went to Ormond Steakhouse for the first time last week. I was skeptical about eating here with the mixed reviews, boy am I glad i decided to try it. The food was outstanding. I had the tropical rum pork chops, my server Diego did an outstanding job. The manager (Don) came by once to make sure my meal was delicious. This is my new favorite jem. I will be going back OFTEN. Keep up the good work Ormond Steakhouse.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Poor management and customer service from manager”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

First let me say that I have eaten at all three of the "steakhouse" restaurants in Volusia county and live in the southern half of the area. My family and I frequent the NSB location, on this occasion, I invited my mother out for her birthday and she lives in Ormond beach. So, I thought great we will go to the Ormond Steak House.

I often receive email promotions from the Steakhouse, usually I never really use them. This time I happen to receive an email promotion for $2 of a 1/2 rack of ribs, not a big deal. It did not even equate into the equation of why I wanted to go there. Upon arrival with my guest of honor I showed the coupon to my wait on my phone and asked if I could use this at this location? He said he would check with his manager, which he did and said that the manager could not honor this as it is for another location. It's for 2 bucks! I'm spending close to $100 on a birthday dinner and he can't even take the time to read the coupon or anything. Note: the restaurant was not busy it was May 1 2013.

I was disappointed, but I did not let it ruin my mother birthday celebration. But in my opinion it's is poor customer relation skills of the manager that has lead to my dismay. He did not even bother to come over to my table. I did see him from afar as he looked at our table and cowardly looked away. It's $2 and over such a insignificant amount of money, I will not take my family back to any of their restaurants ever again. Very poor and unprofessional customer service..

I work hard for my money and expect a certain level of respect and service when I spend that money. This restaurant did not offer either. so I suggest if you value your dinning experience, you try a different restaurant in the Ormond beach area.

I will no spend my money in a restaurant that does not value my experience.

Very dissatisfied....

Visited May 2013
Miami
“Good service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had lunch here recently and the baked potato was fine unlike an earlier review. Maybe since that earlier review they have changed their procedure. Steak was cooked as ordered and service was great.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went here last night for the first time, and I have to say, I was impressed! Early Bird specials run until 6 PM, and happy hour until 7 I believe. The atmosphere isn't the best that I have ever seen - it could certainly use some updating, but the ribs, spinach, apples, and baked potatoes couldn't be beat! We had a wonderful server & we will definitely go back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ormond Beach, FL
“DO NOT ORDER A BAKED POTATO AT LUNCH TIME.. Otherwise Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have been going to Ormond Steak House since moving to Ormond Beach back in 2007 and always was a great place, with great service and great food. However, we have now been twice this year at lunch time and the baked potatoes are horrendous. Was told by the manager, they cook them in the morning, put them in the cooler, and then reheat them.. They should just say NO Baked Potatoes till 4 p.m.

However, the rest of our food was very good, from the salads to Steak entree one person got to the Citrus Shrimp entree I ordered. Our server was also excellent and attentive, a bit embarrassed about the baked potatoes though!!

Appears they must be under new management, as they are not as good as they used to be in the past.

• Visited February 2013