“Terrible first visit” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
“Terrible first visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went to this restaurant for the first time tonight after being in daytona beach for a week.I ordered crab legs and a side salad which I requested before my meal, the salad came out with my food. The live band couldnt play anything but sublime. My crab legs came with no crackers, we had to ask for them. My husband ordered oysters which never showed up. Overall the food was mediocre. My husbands po boy was terrible and too filling for a regular po boy. I wouldn't go here again if I was paid to. The waiter got no tip because the main reason we went here was crab legs and oysters. One I could not eat and the other never showed up.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Gotta try the riptide shrimp.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Alsont didn't eat here because of most recent bad review. Glad I ignored it. This place was awesome. We were greeted and seated as soon as we walked in. Chris our server was very helpful, patient with our 20 questions. Made several excellent recommendations. Especially the mahi mahi colada. Glad we tried it and will be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach
“Outrageously bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We arrived for dinner on a Sunday evening at 6:25pm. We we told by our young hostesses who's attention we had to get when we arrived, it would be a 15 minute wait to eat inside. We sat at the bar with our back to the hostess area to wait. We waited 35 minutes watching a group of 4 young girls cluster together at this hostess area. We saw 4 tables vacated but not cleaned (why couldn't one of the 4 girls clean the tables?) We saw people be seated ahead of us and a high top table that was vacant more than half the time. When we asked about what was going on we were told a party with a baby could not sit at the high top, and there were two other people that arrived before us that were going to sit there. We we finally got seated at that same vacant high top, no waiter came to our table. Finally a waiter came to the table next to ours but completely ignored us. That was when we walked out. We had a nice dinner at Takeya in Ormond Beach, great service and wonderful food. We will never go back to Riptides. To the owner: you need to have a mature manager on the premises.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
shawn f, General Manager at Riptides Raw Bar & Grill, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
My name is Shawn Flaherty. I am the General manager. Please feel free to contact me to discuss our failure with your experience. You can reach me at Riptides 386 256 4799 or my Cell 850 890 0711.
aol
“All you can omg!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Wife was ready for a 2 hour event with crab legs. So happened that the friends we were with had the same idea. So Riptides was the choice. And boy did they do it. Great service, great crab, awesome vibe with excellent acoustic guitar/singer. Grilled mahi as good as I've every had (not into the crab event thing). Cold beer and great cocktails, even a 32 ounce bucket drink. Fun Place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“Average Food-Fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had tuna salads and burgers and they were average, but tasty and well prepared. The service was very good; fast and attentive. The "tube" of beer was interesting, I had never seen something like that before. Instead of a pitcher, you can order a "tube" and it is a tall beer dispenser with a spigot at the bottom. Nothing special, just different. There were surfing videos playing the entire time and that was fun. Very relaxed atmosphere. Clean restrooms. It is not right on the beach; no view; but the beach is right behind the place so we all walked to the beach after dinner so I have to say the location is good too!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere