“Great oceanfront place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

OceanFront Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   599 South Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, FL 33563   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Kenmore, Washington
“Great oceanfront place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay here. When we arrived, our room was right next to another room that they were working on, so when we reported the noise, they immediately and cheerfully upgraded us to a beautiful ocean view room. Very easy access to the beach and if there is any weather happening on the beach, there is a beautiful covered area near the pool that has a garden and table that you can wait out a little squall. A VERY BIG PLUS was ultra fast WI-FI, as the 2 places we stayed at earlier in the week (one a big chain) had WI-FI that was so slow it was unusable. Not at OceanFront Inn and Suites. We would happily stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanFront599, Manager at OceanFront Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Steve and Shelly,

We thank you for staying with us during your recent visit and for your great comments. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the noise you heard as we were completing some work in another room. We hope that you will come and stay with us again during your next trip to Daytona Beach/Ormond Beach.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Pack your bags and don't stop till you get there! Quiet, restful, BEAUTIFUL rooms, all sitting right on the ocean. This motel has recently undergone a complete makeover and without a doubt can hold it's own against the big chain motels and hotels. I should really be keeping this little gem all to myself, but the manager's of OceanFront are so welcoming and pleasant that we felt others should also share in our "super find" on the beach. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanFront599, Manager at OceanFront Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We thank you for staying with us and for sharing a wonderful review. The staff and I are delighted that you had a great stay with us and hope that you will visit us again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I have not had time to ourselves in over two years and decided to get away for a night. We drove up and down South Atlantic for a small cozy inviting place to stay and among all the large hotels; we found OceanFront Inn and Suites. Outside the establishment was very clean and quiet. When we walked in our room, my mouth dropped with the beauty that was within. It was an African Nature theme and everything flowed perfectly. The floors were tile (looked like a marble tile) and that sparked the room. The design in the ceiling was neat, I have never seen hotel have a ceiling as this one had. The room was extremely clean, with no complaint and the bedding was so comfortable (not like a typical hotel). We were located on the second floor and we were overlooking the ocean. We left our curtain open for the morning to watch the sunrise. BEAUTIFUL. I highly recommend this place to everyone. I will definitely be returning to this location. Relaxing and Romantic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanFront599, Manager at OceanFront Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
The staff and I thank you for staying with us and hope that you and your husband enjoyed your time off. We hope that you were able to get plenty of rest and relaxation during your stay. Thank you again for your great comments and we hope that you will visit us again soon.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

So basically I needed a mini-vacay, I hunted online for the best deals on Daytona Beach via Hotels.com and Expedia. I came across this hotel due to its low nightly rates and 4-5 star ratings. After reading its overwhelmingly large amounts of Excellent reviews I couldnt resist.

The GOOD:
I have to say I loved every minute of being at this hotel from the updated rooms to the pool overlooking the ocean. We were able to stay two weekday nights and the place wasn't overly crowded at all. It was so peaceful and the customer service was just top notch. The owners had nothing but smiles on their faces (probably from all the money they have been making) LOL The rooms were A+ for the price and had updated electronic keys to get in the rooms. The hotel's grounds were very nice and spacious with tons of open areas and a barbecue for get togethers and whatnot. We got to see multiple dolphins at dusk and that was amazing! The Hotels location was just perfect right off of state road 40 aka Grenada where theres tons of eateries and things to do. I have to say I ate at a local place called Goodies and they have the best donuts, sandwhiches, and muffins I have ever had. Their prices were sooooo cheap. Full meals for 5.95 and 6.95 for lunch. A must visit, its right down the street! Heading south a few minutes on Atlantic you will run into the pier and all that jazz as well. I highly recommend this hotel for its value!

The Bad:
I found a strong Odor when I entered the room at first, it was kind of intense in a not so good way. I know the usual hotel smell and that was not it! Everything else was on point. The pool was a little dirty the first day, and I was there all day. I didnt see anyone clean it. I also went the second day and it was worse with more deadbugs and what nots floating everywhere, which I think could be an easy fix if they stuck their maintenance guy on cleaning it more often. I didnt see it get cleaned not once while I was there, and I was there poolside pretty much the whole time. SO those are my two small issues.

Room Tip: Ask for Oceanfront View! I didnt ask, because I thought they were sold out b/c they werent advertise...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanFront599, Manager at OceanFront Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
The staff and I want to thank you for staying with us and for such a great review. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and you enjoyed the beach. Getting a glimpse of dolphins playing in the ocean is always a great experience.

We apologize for the swimming pool not being as clean as you expected. We do have a pool company that comes multiple times during the week to clean and maintain the pool. Unfortunately, being on the beach, we have wind gusts throughout the day that bring in a lot of sand and other things from the roadside as well as from the beach. We try our best to keep the hotel grounds as clean as we can. We hope that you will visit us again soon.
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel July 14-16 and we loved it. The staff was friendly and willing to help, the room was spacious and clean. The fridge and locker is the room added convenience for our stay there. We did not use the microwave, but it was there for those who may want to use it. Coming back from the beach and having a cold drink from the fridge was a great advantage as was the free safe where we were locking in our valuables when not in the room for the peace of mind. The beach was right next to the hotel - a great view from the balcony for everybody to enjoy. We were able to check in early and check out late - and the staff personnel was willing to help and accomodate our needs. The pool was nice to have and it was clean - the deck also had free tanning reclining chairs and a grill and tables for a picknick - we brought a take-out food to have a dinner looking at the ocean one day. We regretted we could not extend our stay as we were offered a great price to stay for extra days - but we had to go back to work. If we ever back again in the area, we'd be happy to stay there as our stay was just amazing! In summary, we loved this hotel, gladly give it the highest ranking, and look forward to be back one day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanFront599, Manager at OceanFront Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
The staff and I would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Daytona Beach as well as for the great comments about our hotel. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the beach and the amenities we offered. We hope that you will be able to stay for a longer time the next time you visit us.
Manlius, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at the OceanFront Inn and Suites while on our vacation in Florida. The rooms are very clean and newly renovated. The staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to accommodate the guests. The only thing we were not happy about is there were not any beach or pool towels available to use, but when we called the front desk for extra bath towels they were brought up in less than 2 minutes. If we ever come back to Daytona, we will be staying here again :o)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanFront599, Manager at OceanFront Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Mrs. G,

The staff and I thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Daytona Beach. We are happy to read your nice comments. We do offer pool towels which are available at the front desk. We hope to see you again soon during you next visit to Daytona Beach.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We loved our stay at Oceanfront. Rooms were nice and clean. Pool was close and so was the beach. Loved the view from our room!

Mrs. H,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Been to OceanFront Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!