“wonderful resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 28 hotels in Ormond Beach
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
“wonderful resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had family that came in for thanksgiving and I have stayed at the Coral Sands before. My family loved it! I booked them in 2 of the cottages and one room in the Hotel. Since I have been there they have done some wonderful things. I can see they are upgrading many of the cottages. the heated pool was great for my grandkids as it was somewhat chilly out. I walked into one of the cottages and they looked so clean and nice! I love the new furniture and colors.This is a little piece of old florida charm that you don't see anymore. I normally don't write reviews but I felt I needed to say thank you again! The employees there were very friendly and the mornings that I went to pick them up was so peaceful. I even sat with my family in one of the gazebos and had some coffee and watched the ocean. My sister booked a cottage already for next year.

Room Tip: Any room in the hotel has an actual oceanview..they are all at an angle which I loved. The kids love...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family and I stayed here and loved the location, but the hotel was crowded and noisy ...I walked away from my pool chair for about 5 min and had my flip flops and a bag with our beach gear stolen.
The room was clean but dated.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the ocean and pool are best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We are checking out tomorrow, but I had to take the time to write a review of this unique RV Park on the beach. We have spent the last week here for our 7th anniversary. What can I say but that it has been wonderful! It is clean, QUIET & you could throw a rock and hit the water. We had great neighbors that were so quiet we didn't know they were there unless we were heading out for something. The view is fantastic and the sound of the waves is about all you can hear. The closeness of the bath house is nice. The staff were amazing! Very helpful and willing to please. They catered to our needs and even our 3 year old liked the people that run the resort. The heated pool was a great addition. It allowed us to have a great time swimming even in November. We liked it so much that we have already booked a spot for our next vacation in a few weeks!

Room Tip: I'm not telling you which space is best because we don't want to have to fight you for it...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is very clean. A little dated but the rooms are spacious and very clean. The pool area is attractive. Right on the beach. Plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area. Staff was friendly and helpful in directing us to the nearest grocery and drug stores.

Room Tip: Rooms 201, 301, 401, 501 are excellent choices. Near the stairs and overlooking the pool and ocean
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We chose this location because It's close to Daytona but one of few beaches in area that is on a carless beach. Little kids should be able to run free on beach without their parents in full time fear of them being run over.

Hotel is great for $$.

It's a little bit dated, and if we stayed a week, it may have gotten on our nerves, but we only stayed a night. Cabins on the property looked like the way to go for extended stay.

Will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
RHODE ISLAND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed 2 nights and did not like at all. Yes , the scenery right on the beach is magnificent , however, that is nature . Beautiful... The RV park is small , and not very well kept. The showers were filthy , full of soap scum.. Gross. My husband mentioned it and he was told its cleaned every day at 9 a.m. Well , whoevers doing the cleaning needs to look a little closer. Rest rooms and showers are great places for germs.and should be spotless!!!.. The hook ups too are all screwed up . The water and sewage is situated in a way that you have to put your rv in backwoods to reach the hook-ups. Stayed because of reviews and was thoroughly dis-appointed. Even the hotel part was not very clean. Rug in reception all stained.. Won't stay again..

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

As an annual tradition we returned to this quaint little place on Labor Day weekend, the place never seems to change and is extremely accomodating. They have always been courteous, helpful and willing to go out of the way to assist guests. Our oldest daughter arrived from College before we did and they were nice enough to allow her access to our room rather than waiting in the lobby or parking lot. That was much appreciated as it was after dark and she was alone. Very understanding and in tune to needs for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Coral Sands Inn & Seaside Cottages Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!