“In a pinch for basic needs” 3 of 5 stars

Scottish Inns & Suites
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   484 South Atlantic Avenue, Ormond Beach, FL 32176   |
Ranked #26 of 28 hotels in Ormond Beach
Peoria, Illinois
“In a pinch for basic needs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The room is very basic, but clean. The vanity or sink top is old and cigarette stained, but the bathroom has been completely redone. The furniture is old and scratched badly and the armoire is missing drawers. As an over the road truck driver, you take what you can get, as long as you can get your truck in and out and it's safe. They take pets. All I wanted was a clean bed and shower and air conditioning. If you're not looking for a 5 star hotel, and just basic amenities, this is your place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My friend and I checked in the Scottish Inn, Ormond Beach, Florida. Upon arriving, there were no cars in the parking lot. This should have been our first clue as to the type place that we where checking into. When we got the the room, the ac was off(as normal) so I cut the ac unit on and there was very little air coming out. So I checked the filter, it was full of dust, hair and other little nasty things. Then we looked at the bathroom, it was nasty. It had hair all over the walls, toliet, sink, and bath tub. The towels were just as nasty. The TV only got 5 channels and then would go out. Then I started to check the bedding. One bed was okay, the the second....are you ready for this, It had DRIED BLOOD AND PUBIC HAIR on the sheets. That was it! We went to the office and asked for our money back. They offered another room. So we checked that one also. The filter was just as nasty, and the room was too. We went back to the office and got our money back, but had to pay for that day. I told them that we were going to find another place to stay and was NOT going to stay is such dirty place as this. Yes I know that the rooms were $39 a night, but I had stayed in Scottish Inns much nicer than this. This place is nasty and I would not advise anyone to stay at this place. BEWARE!!!!

Room Tip: Go to the Super 8 just down the street. They have nicer rooms and for the same value.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My Cousin and I stayed at this Scottish Inn for 1 week for our Spring Vacation 2012. Our rate was under $30 per night. The room, pool and grounds were clean and well maintained. Our room had a fridge microwave, great water pressure and 3 HBO channels. The staff, Nick and William in the office, Ralph the maintance man, and our housekeeper (didn't catch her name) were so pleasant and helpful with all our needs. There was coin laundry machines and free ice. Great location for us. We were at the beach every day and also convienent to some very good eateries. They were actually remodeling rooms while we were there. We will be back again for sure next spring. Thanx! The Virginia Van Phillies phans Gals!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room - pool side
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cuenca, Ecuador
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We are moving from Cold PA to Sunny Daytona Beach and have very limited funds, so with this in mind, shelter and a bed was all we needed. Our tastes in hotel stays is very upscale, but we are not above any room should our current finances call for less, such as this trip.
The Inn is located right off I-95 south, exit 273, Florida (turn right at exit light), continue to next light via left lane and make a U-turn into right lane and right into driveway right past Days Inn. The hotel accepts pets and I didn't pay any extra fees. I booked on Haywire.com and total cost with tax came to just a few cents under $30. The walk in rate was $28.95 plus tax so only about $2-$3 more total. The rooms are small typical motel rooms with two double beds. They were relatively comfortable for such an inexpensive place. The rooms are well used, stains, dirty walls, tears on walls, cigarette stains on sink vanity area, scratched used chairs, rust around toilet and bath nozzles and basically just older run down appearing. The apartment from Marlon Brando's "A Streetcar Named Desire" comes to mind. They have a small TV (boxy style from 90s) with limited cable and HBO, but enough to enjoy. There's a microwave that's older and scratched and stained as well as mini fridge in bad need of defrost, but keeps things somewhat cool. That too is beige and stained, but should be white. The place has served its purpose just fine for our need. Some of the Scottish inns have coffee makers and continental breakfasts, but this one doesn't have either. There is a beautiful Walmart 5 miles south should you need food and snacks for in room. The lobby of the motel is minute, but does have free coffee in the a.m. The maid will come knocking 15 min. before check-out (11am).The motel is american operated. Overall, old, dirty, rundown, and basic. But would I stay again...should I need a room and bed, absolutely. I feel safe and secure and few members of staff I have seen were very pleasant. Oh and free in room wifi is a plus, if for nothing else than writing a review of the property. Go ahead, stay, it;s cheap, economical and safe. Need better or more, spend more...that simple!! Good Luck on your ventures. Any questions, email me at spknwby@gmail.com

Room Tip: Booking on Hotwire will save you about $3, but will have to bill to CC or Debit card. Their site say...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jesup, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I read the other reviews on here before I booked my room. The last review was good so I took the chance. This is an older beach motel, but I saw no rust or mold previously spoken about. My room was nice and everything worked great including the plumbing. I had a refrig. and microwave, good TV, great shower, and the motel was very quiet. The owner/manager is 63 and has been in Ormand Beach/Daytona all his life. He knows how to manage a great motel. This is across the street from the ocean but you have easy beach access through the motel right across the street. Our motel had plenty of parking and was sold out that Saturday night. I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again. The motel's billboard sign was $35 per night and that is the price I booked on the internet through Travelocity. This is a safe motel. The have a great pool to relax in too. I will call on them again. my email is baldwin54@yahoo.com is you want to know more.

• Liked — Quiet and private motel
  • Disliked — The color of the building
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Scottish Inns & Suites? Share your experiences!