“Excellent restaurant with old charm.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Excellent restaurant with old charm.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This a white table cloth restaurant. The service is very good. Everything is cooked fresh so if it is crowded there is going to be a short wait. Sip a glass of water or wine and wait for your taste buds to come alive.

You are served hot fresh made Fonseca bread. We ordered calamari while trying to decide what to eat. They serve grouper 20 different ways. Since I've never had grouper I decided not to take that adventure. I had been traveling for 11 hours and needed something I was familiar. I choose the fried frog legs. For those of you who like frog legs you will love these, if you've never had them this is a safe place to try them. The frog legs are delicious.

My husband went with fish and chips. He was leaning towards the prime rib but he said you eat seafood when at the coast. He is originally from close to Harahs Ranch (that's where there beef is from). He seafood it is great beef.

I found Billy's on trip advisor. Thanks for all the reviews.

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Traditon and Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Billy's Tap Room represents one of the oldest and preferred dining establishments in the area. Always professional and courteous staff. The menu is superb with daily specials. Open for lunch and dinner and a must do for visitors to the greater Daytona area. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

While I wouldn't necessarily call this a "tap room" since the beers on tap are limited, this a great place for a cocktail and, if so inclined, good meal.

My hubby and I have been coming to Billy's for years, our standard Friday night happy hour spot. The staff is friendly and fast, drinks are perfectly poured and the atmosphere is lovely. A bit of old world charm right here in Ormond Beach! The owners are always on site, greeting customers and making sure they're satisfied with their experience.

Other reviewers have mentioned the age of the average Billy's guest. I can attest to the fact that there is typically an older crowd dining, but we also see families, younger couples and even a couple of young singles at the bar now & then. For myself, I appreciate the quieter, more mellow crowd. There are plenty of rowdy beach bars for the spring break set, leave Billy's to the more refined guests.

As a vegan, the menu is limited for me but the chef is always willing to whip me up something special if I desire. This type of personalized service is what you can expect at Billy's.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, KY
“Proves great food never goes out of style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Took our family of seven across three generations here for a great last dinner in Daytona and were not let down! The portions were excellent and so was the service. The kids Mac and Cheese was a hit, while the adults meals all came with two sides and a soup or salad. Will be coming back next time!

us
“A little bit of Germany at the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

When I walked up to Billy's I immediately felt a European/German vibe, the decor inside confirmed my thoughts. The menu ranges from fresh seafood (cooked 25 ways, I believe) to comfort food and salads; definitely something for everyone. The service was very good but, I thought the live music was a bit loud for the size of the room. But, the musician was pretty talented so it wasn't too bad. The portions here are very large, you certainly get your money's worth. I ordered the Chicken Granada which is probably a bit heavy for the beach in June but, it sounded good which it was - it could easily have fed two hungry people. My husband's steak was also large and he thought a bit under-cooked (he asked for medium well) the other couple both had seafood dishes and they were very pleased. We shared a dessert - mousse and it was quite good too. Generous cocktails served in charming retro glassware - again the "old Europe" vibe. Also seemed like a gathering place for locals which is always a good sign.

• Visited June 2014