“Decent Food, but quite Pricey for such an OLD looking establishment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Billy's Tap Room & Grill

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romance, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Decent Food, but quite Pricey for such an OLD looking establishment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to Billy's tap Room & Grill a few times before the new owners, and have to say, we enjoyed the place much better than now. The service is not top notch as it used to be, the food pretty good, but not fabulous and it is very pricey for what you get. Last time we were in here, there were hardly any patrons, and no wonder... Have to laugh at their ads in the Daytona Beach News Journal - 20+ ways to Serve Grouper - no special offers/coupons, free appetizer or soup, nothing to entice people to eat here - so think this one will fail soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tamarac, Florida
“one of the best fish dishes i've ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

we both had their grouper en papilotte. it was grouper, crab meat, scallops, and shrimp, baked in parchment paper. fantastic dish, and one of the best fish dishes i have ever eaten. we had a very good key lime pie for desert. service and drinks were perfect.

Visited October 2012
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
“Better Than Before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have lived in Ormond Beach for 6 years and was a customer of Billy's Tap Room when the previous owners ran the place and for the most part I liked it. Last night I stopped in for their Wednesday night special, lamb shanks. I started off with the steamed in Sambucca mussels. It was made with fennel and grape tomatoes. I'm not in the habit of getting an appetizer when I eat alone but it looked interesting I was glad I ordered it. It was delicious. I had the lamb shank, mashed potatoes, steamed mixed vegetables and a salad (you get a choice of soup or salad). It was absolutely terrific. One of the best meals I ever ate there. There wasn't any room left for dessert. I had great service and all of the employees that I came in contact with were very personable. The new owner stopped by at my table to make sure everything was good. That shows me he is very hands on and cares about his customers. The appetizer was $9.00 and the main course $20.00. I was extremely satisfied with the product they put out and the price. I WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK SOON.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Experience a "classic"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Not only has the decor not changed between owners, but I just don't think the food has either. Rather than a "chain" restaurant so prevalent in the Ormand/Daytona area, we opted for the near 100-year old Billy's. I hadn't been there in about 4 years and, must say, nothing's changed. AWESOME ambiance (almost out of a movie) with the dark panels an decor. The grouper (cooked black and blue---blackened with blue cheese) was outstanding, AS WAS the Crab cakes. Top 3 cakes on my all-time list. I don't even think they used "fillers", and two moderately-sized cakes completely filled me up. 4 1/2 stars! Note: I'd give it a 5 if they had a good micro-brew or two on draft! Don't ever miss this place for a nice night out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flagler beach
“Not the Same old Billy's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have been going to Billy's Tap Room for quite a few years since Monk was the owner -then it was sold to a Dutch Lady but the recession and financial issues put her out of business and it was closed for over a year until the latest owner purchased it. Sadly, although he is a nice guy, it just is not up to the level that we had become use to. The food prep is just ordinary, although we hear good reviews about the crab cakes, we are not big of them as we have been spoiled by Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes. we hope that the new owner can get it back up to the quality we were used to but until we hear from our many friends who live in the area that things have changed we won't be back. Close friends who also used to frequent the old Billy's came to the same conclusion. I know the review sounds vague but it is just that we were used to a different Billy's food and now it is , well, just ordinary.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere