I wasn't sure what to expect as I have not stayed on Florida East Coast beaches before. I was pleasantly surprised at the location of the hotel. Right off hwy 40 and nice hotel. The room was nice size with an oceanview. The hotel is right on the beach. It was unusually warm at 80 degrees in January, so I was able to keep the patio door open to view the waves lapping at the sand and hear the roar of the tides. The free breakfast was good and well stocked. I requested to extend my stay one night and the front desk accommodated me without question. I would definitely stay here again. If there was any drawback, it would be the limited above ground parking. Being on the beach, this is typical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to the newest hotel in Ormond Beach, Florida and enjoy affordable A1A beachside accommodations near Daytona International Speedway, Ocean Center Convention Facility and the 23 miles of uninterrupted beautiful Florida beaches.Welcome to the Best Western Castillo Del Sol, the best choice in lodging while visiting the Ormond Beach, Florida area where guests will receive comfortable and affordable beachfront accommodations. The hotel provides guests with convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around the Ormond Beach area. Guests staying at this hotel will enjoy guest rooms featuring pillowtop beds, cable satellite television with free movie channels, refrigerator and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Luxurious suites and rooms with ocean views and fully equipped kitchens are also available for those that want to indulge. The Oceanfront Efficiency rooms also include a DVD Player, kitchenette complete with full size Refrigerator, Microwave, Stovetop, Cooking and Dining Ware, and Dining Area, and a private balcony with a panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean.Convenient and delicious breakfast can be enjoyed at the hotel's onsite restaurant. There are also 75 restaurants and shops within 2 miles of the Hotel. And to help make life on the road even more comfortable, this Florida Best Western hotel features an outdoor swimming pool and the safety of underground parking.Whether traveling to Ormond Beach FL for business or for pleasure, the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is close to where travelers want to be. Guests can spend the day enjoying the sun, surf and sand at the beach, touring Casements, the Rockefeller summer home, walking the Ormond Memorial Garden or exploring the Kennedy Space Center. NASCAR fans will enjoy being situated so close to Daytona International Speedway. The world's largest Harley Davidson dealership can be found only minutes away from the Best Western Castillo Del Sol.This Ormond Beach hotel frequently hosts guests in town attending local events like Bike Week, the Daytona 500, Cheerleader Nationals and Biketoberfest. And no trip to Ormond Beach is complete without enjoying a day of family fun at nearby Disneyworld and Universal Studios. The Hotel is just 1/2 mile from the Ormond Scenic Loop & Trail.The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Ormond Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ormond Beach
- Ormond Beach Best Western