“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nice price for a reasonable hotel. Rooms were old but al remodelled. So good beds, new television, and free wifi, what else do you need? Breakfast is included and is a buffet with mostly eggs, bacon, breads and cornflakes. People are friendly, room was clean, so a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good Experience: (1) The wonderful lady who assisted us with breakfast was very personable, nice, considerate, helpful, friendly, extra-mile-service-giving, kind, engaging and courteous. We truly enjoyed her and, she alone, made our stay extremely memorable.
(2) Our cleaning staff for each day of our stay was very approachable and kind. We appreciated them greatly.
Not-So-Good Experience: Whereas the front desk staff members were kind and knowledgeable, we were charged for using the safe when we had not. We called back to clarify the issue and was asked, "Did you tell the desk person that you didn't use the safe?" I then replied, "If you are in the practice of charging people for the safe then the desk staff should have asked me if I had used the safe. I am not in the practice of telling people what I did NOT do." The lady confirmed my name then abruptly stated, "Ok, I will make sure your charges are removed." I thanked her and hung up the phone feeling very disrespected.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Benahavis, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We had balcony sea facing on beach room. Chose hotel because of location and stayed two nights. Walking distance to few restaurants for dinner. Receptionist very helpful. Self service breakfast included in room price.
Definately not luxury but adequate but looking very tired and room was clean but needed updating but exceptional good value for money and free underground parking.

• Stayed December 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was searching for a great deal for a last minute trip to Ormond Beach, Fl. for a family get together. I came across the Best Western Castillo del Sol. The reviews were so-so but since I was only staying one night I decided to risk it. I reserved directly through their website for an internet special of $47. I am so glad that I did. I asked for a renovated ocean view room on the top floor. I was able to check in early with a very nice front desk clerk. I told the front desk that I had invited my cousin to come back with me and asked it there would be any additional charge. That said no problem. The room was large and clean. It was great! Even the ocean view was nice. I just dropped my bags off and left. We got back to the room after 11:30p and decided to step out on the balcony. The door wouldn't open...we couldn't get it to unlock. We called the front desk and they immediately offered to change rooms. Since it was so late we told them it was fine. I don't consider the door a major problem since they were so willing to correct the problem. When I go to Ormond again I will definitely call this hotel. There is also plenty of free parking. The rate also included breakfast which was the typical muffins, breads, cereal and juice. I was surprised they also offered hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and a pancake machine!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great ocean view.
Norwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Oceanside kitchenette was well worth it. The location was great. It was easy to get to many attractions in the Daytona Beach area. The view was magnificent. The beds were super comfortable. Staff was friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hope to return soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were upgraded to an ocean front room and I loved it. It was clean and quiet. There was a little problem with the hot water but the maid gave me a great tip on how to get it to work. The breakfast was excellent and everyone was friendly.

Room Tip: I have stayed in an ocean view and ocean front. The ocean front is worth the money.
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

nice place to stay, poor breakfast,good staff friendly, but most important clean room..

It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this small family-run hotel. The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home. In the afternoon, the staff would bring out snacks and coffee for guests who had opted to spend the day in the shade of the palm trees in the little garden

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Castillo Del Sol? Share your experiences!