“Had a Good Breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Florida
“Had a Good Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We have been here twice, and both times for breakfast and the $3 mimosas! The breakfast was really delicious, and the atmosphere was lovely. We will be sure to try their lunch and Friday or Saturday dnner.

80% Recommend
Blue Ridge Mountains
“Wonderful place with super staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

My husband and I dined at Mango Sun Cafe on our first night in Ormond Beach. Wow! The food was amazing and the service can't be beat. It's my understanding that it's under completely new ownership, so some of the reviews listed below may not reflect the current status of the restaurant.

The owner approached our table and was extremely gracious. This place uses mostly local ingredients (but in a pinch they may have to order elsewhere) and they support local farmers. The owner found out it was the week of our 10 year wedding anniversary and had fresh squeezed OJ and champagne sent to our table. We found out it was the owner's birthday, and here he was treating US like royalty. What a nice place. We will return! You must try it! The prices are good too! Where else can you get 20.00 bottle of wine (that was very good!)?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach, Florida
“New management - Not much has changed since Sunshine Sunset”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This restaurant back in Feb. 2010 was Sunshine Sunset and in a few months, one owner has left, one owner still there, the waitress didn't know if it was the same chef, and the name has changed to Mango Sun cafe and grill.
Back on Feb. 3, I ate there for breakfast and did a review. But with a new name I thought I would try it again and went there on July 14, 2010 and my waitress was Foos (that's what it shows on my receipt) . I ordered biscuits and gravy (same as back in Feb.). After about 15 minutes my breakfast came out and once again this item has failed the warm food test. It was barely above room temperature and the presentation was exactly the same as in February, mixed into a cut open cold biscuit (so they might have the same chef). I believe the manager was present but he was busy talking to two men in one booth and never came around. When the waitress finally came back I asked for my bill to pay and told her about the breakfast being cold. I told her to tell the manager after I left because he was busy still with the other people. I am not sure what it takes to get a warm order of biscuits and gravy but I do not want it microwaved like last time. Maybe I should have tried Subway next door, who was open for breakfast. Good luck, Mango Sun. I'm not sure you will last long either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere