“How did we miss this?” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Ormond-by-the-Sea, Florida, United States
“How did we miss this?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I can't believe that we have been driving past Mango Grill and never stopped in, that is, until a couple of days ago. Heard the radio ads and decided to try it.. We were greeted by Don, one of the owners.He came back to check on what we ordered and offered us some fresh squeezed orange juice to try. All in all a delightful experience.. Great food & great service. Will certainly go back, now that we "found" it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Springfield, Missouri
“Good food, good atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The wait staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was tasty. They had some unique dishes, such as crab eggs benedict. The bacon was very tasty, as well. In fact, my boyfriend said it was the best bacon he'd ever had. I had an omelet, which came with a side of bread. I didn't want the bread, so the substituted grilled tomatoes at no additional charge.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach, Florida
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Their portions are generous and prices are good. The restaurant is bright and clean, Wait staff is very attentive, and the owner seems to visit each table. We sat at an outside table early Sunday morning and had a very relaxing brunch. Great breakfast and lunch....sure wish they were open for dinner, too.

Visited July 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Searching for a vegan-friendly restaurant in "Southern Fried" Florida is almost impossible... so when something says "vegan-friendly", one has to be skeptical at best. But, as I always tell my wife, "Expect nothing and you'll always be pleased."

I was pleased above and beyond what I could've set myself up for.

I had stopped by the previous day to snag a menu before committing to what might be a disappointing experience. I am far more open to new cuisine choices than my wife, so I thought I'd let her take a look at the menu. When she indicated an interest in eating there, I had already scoped out my choice: the Portabello Burger with no cheese and avocado slices added. She settled for the Veggie Wrap with a slight detour to the Pineapple Fritters.

The fritters came first (again, this is the deep-fried South), and they certainly didn't disappoint! Still settling into our vegan lifestyle somewhat, they were still delicious!

Appeasing my conscience, my burger arrived. What a tremendous flavor! And I was surprised by the grilled onions I hadn't expected! Add to that a side of grilled veggies (carrots and broccoli), and the dish itself was complete. I will definitely be returning in the future when business/pleasure brings me down Ormond Beach way.

Highly recommend, as they have an amazing set of above-standard fare for those whose food choices are more traditional!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Coast
“Nice Armosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have visited the Mango Sun several times and always enjoyed the 'treat " outside before you enter.
Regular food,,, prepared in a special way!

• 4 of 5 stars Food