“Average B-B-Q” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Award-Winning Barbecue in Daytona Beach, FL
Glendale, Arizona
“Average B-B-Q”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

More of a snack bar than a restaurant, by the range of opinions about this place it must be an acquired taste. The meats are are dry but have a decent flavor. The beans are baked beans with a few black beans thrown in. Decent taste but hardly my idea of B-B-Q beans. I expect to find pork meat, onions and stronger seasoning in the beans. The fries are cut too thin, especially the sweet potato fries. The pie slices are too small for the money. The cobblers are hardly cobblers at all, mostly canned fruit with very little pastry. The hot sauce is actually hot but with little flavor. Plastic silverware, not really a dinner stop.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Real BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I love BBQ and always look for a reason to try a new place. I had the brisket sandwich and coleslaw. Delicious and true bbq. Soft and smokey meat and slightly sweet slaw on a sandwich is my idea of heaven. Plus here sauces are very unique and don't taste like everyone else's.

Visited July 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
“THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FOOD OF MY LIFE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

NEVER EVER GO TO THE SMOKE SHACK IN ORMOND BEACH! DON'T BE DECEIVED BY ALL OF THE TROPHYS....I DON'T GET IT, THEY MUST BE FAKE. THE FOOD MADE US SICK! WORST BBQ RESTAURANT EVER. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD… We went to the Smoke Shack BBQ last night, and our confused server brought my fiancé his disgusting dinner with the wrong side. He ordered the fried mac and cheese; she brought regular mac and cheese. When he spoke up, she argued with him and said he was wrong. She finally brought out the right side, even though it inconvenienced her. HE ORDERED THE WORST BRISKET IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD- IT WAS COLD AND DRIED OUT. WE WOULD RATHER HAVE EATEN WEEK OLD LEFTOVERS THAN EATEN HERE! There were 3 thin slices of dried out brisket on his plate. When we finally got our server’s attention to complain, she didn’t care. We had to ask repeated to speak with the manager (who was also the cook and owner). When this rude woman came out, she refused to do anything. She said it wasn’t her fault he didn’t like the brisket. Maybe she should have taken a class in manners rather than cooking. Because he had eaten 1 piece, she would not give him anything else. She would have let him pay half price for another dinner; however, we still would have to pay for his awful brisket. She said they had already fixed one thing by exchanging the mac and cheese. NO!!!! I told her that her server screwed up and wrote down the wrong side. SHE CLAIMED THEY ARE A SMALL MOM AND POP RESTAURANT AND CAN’T AFFORD THE FOOD WASTE. BIG FAT LIE!!!!!!!! It is very well known who the owners are. You mean to tell me the millionaire family that owns this restaurant can’t afford to comp a $10 meal. Wow, times are tough. We weren’t looking for a free meal; we were just looking for a good meal. Instead we paid $23 and left hungry and angry. HORRIBLY DISAPPOINTED AND APPALLED BY POOR MANAGEMENT. I worked in restaurants for 12 years and have never seen such incompetent manager. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT?
WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING NEW….BIGGEST MISTAKE OF OUR LIVES. SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SONNY’S!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
East Ridge, Tennessee
“These people KNOW BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I have never had a bad experience at the Smoke Shack. We have tried everything from the smoked chicken to the brisket, the pulled turkey to the pulled pork sandwich, and my husband's favorite..., the wings. The owners are friendly, knowledgeable & the whole atmosphere is laid back (ITS BBQ!) They have won awards for their sauces & it is obvious why. We enjoy everything about this place all the way down to the sweet tea! Go, and enjoy some BBQ!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What more could I want?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

As a dinner in the Volusia county area my whole life I am blown away by reviews I've read regarding Smoke Shack BBQ. I have eaten at EVERY BBQ place in this town and to see people write reviews complaining about plates and the strip mall location leave me baffled! It is a BBQ restaurant, not fine dining, and that's that! They portions are always filling! 2 people can eat from 1 combo platter. You don't like the price of the full plate meals then get a dinner special for $10! The fried food is cooked to order and always crispy. The brisket is always tender and the pull pork is delicious! If you want good BBQ this is where you need to come!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere