“Best barbecue I have had in a long time!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Toronto
“Best barbecue I have had in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great place, friendly staff, good food. We had the Burnt End sandwich, pulled pork, brisket, cole slaw and jalapeno peppers, what a combination! They serve their barbecue dry so you can add any sauce you want, regular, sweet, hot, or mustard barbecue sauces, all very good. We actually went back and tried their chicken wings as well, smoked wings, different but good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“BBQ with a side of judgement.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

When I heard the name "Daytona Pig Stand," I was expecting something more rustic, like the Georgia Pig… And indeed, yelpers have compared DPS to the dearly departed deliciousness of the Georgia Pig.

But it's not the same at all. It is "charmingly" rustic, and quite a large place. It's right in front of a large hotel, and some of the seating looks out over the hotel pool.

You order at the counter, get a number, fill your drinks at the fountain, choose a seat and wait for your food to be delivered.

The ordering process was easy...other than the counter clerk telling my Mom, when she ordered the pulled pork platter, "Oh, going for the big one, huh?" I didn't realize BBQ came with a side of judgement.

The barbecue here is very good! I had the pulled pork platter, and it was quite tasty, especially with a mix of the original and hit BBQ sauces.

As good as the BBQ was, THE CHOCOLATE MARBLE CAKE WAS AMAZING! Three of us split a piece, and it was marvelous. Until a different server came by and said, "Wow, I've never seen anyone eat that whole thing!"

Um. Yeah. I think I'll get take out if I go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“It was pretty good..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was a huge platter of food for about $18 enough to share with two people.. Conveniently located right beside the Harley-Davidson store it's hard to beat.. Overall it was a great experience

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We got take out for lunch. I had the Burnt end sandwich, with mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was ok, kind of reminded me of KFC. The sandwich its self looked delicious, with the jalapenos and coleslaw i thought it was going to be awesome. The bottom bun was soggy (sometimes that happens with takeout bbq) but the meat was lacking flavor. It was smoked, you could tell that, but didn't seem to have a lot of spices on it. I may eat here again and try something different, but it wont be my go to bbq place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Coral Gables, Florida
“great southern food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were very impressed with the quality of the BBQ, the sauces, the sides, and especially the service. The waitresses were all friendly and helpful, Great calloard greens , and fried okra .
We both had pulled pork sandwiches (mine was on garlic bread), she had cole slaw, I had fries... the fries tasted fresh cut and were cooked perfectly and the cole slaw was tasty (and not smothered in vinegar like other places sometimes do).

Visited July 2013