“Great little place, awesome food.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 156 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Great little place, awesome food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I was excited but fearful when I saw the old nail and hair place being transformed into a Vietnamese restaurant a couple of years ago - would the pho be any good?!? I was happy to find out that yes, the pho is amazing! Huge bowls of brothy goodness with fresh herbs, sprouts and peppers on the side, like it's supposed to be. You can get tendon if you want!

Since then I've tried a number of other things from their rather small (perfectly sized!) menu, and all have been as good as the soup. I highly recommend B1 - rice vermicelli with fresh veggies, shrimp, chicken, beef and pork with a mild, sweet sauce on the side. My girlfriend and I fight over who gets to order this meal and who gets the soup. It's so fresh and light. The tea and spring rolls are also top notch.

This place is family owned and operated, and they grow their basil and other herbs in the back of the building. Well worth the price, very nice people - the father/cook has come out, sat with me and talked about the food. Everyone I've brought here is charmed and hooked. It's a nondescript gem that deserves at least a try. You'll be happy!

One thing - the food is cooked to order and the service is laid back (not slow, just casual) so it might not be the best place for a quick lunch break.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Great PHO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

I love vietnamese food, and I am excited to say that Ormond / Daytona has the real deal. I have eaten here about 5-6 times, and each time, the food has been great. The pho is amazing - the broth is flavorful, the noodles are plentiful, and the meat is tender and delicious. I would also recommend the summer rolls and pork chops.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“A (Vietnamese) pearl found in Ormond Beach -- 4 miles from Daytona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

I live in Washington, D.C., and have traveled extensively, for work and pleasure, and I often try Vietnamese restaurants along the way. I was surprised by the quality of this home-style (and Hue-style) cooking offered by this unassuming restaurant's kitchen. The first night a friend and I ordered from the "Vietnamese Classics" menu choices--he got "Chicken Sauteed with Lemongrass & Sweet Onions in Spicy Special Sauce" (choice "V3") while I got "Tenderloin Pork Simmered in Traditional Vietnamese Fish Sauce" (choice "V5"). The chicken was tender, juicy, and the sauce was fantastic and fresh. I asked for the pork dish to come "spicy", and that's how it came. Perfect. The next time we got "Vietnamese Yellow Curry & Coconut Milk with Choice of Meats" (Chicken) and I took something off the specials menu -- Pork with Vermicelli in a spicy soup. Every dish was fantastically prepared from very fresh ingredients--even the vegetables were cooked tender but not mushy. The "lightly fried" spring rolls were indeed LIGHT. Great stuff. OK, I wrote a long review. Now, one word: GO! (BTW, one of the two proprietors, a spritely woman from Vietnam, will describe what goes into any dish you care to ask about).