“This is a GREAT place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Crest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Ocean Crest Motel
2040 Ocean Crest Blvd, Ormond Beach, FL   |
Ranked #17 of 28 hotels in Ormond Beach
Brooks, Kentucky
“This is a GREAT place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me an a friend come to Florida alot an always stay at the ocean crest .I have a small dog an he is always welcome there .They kinda watch after hem win we are away from the room ,I was a hotel room inspector for meany years an,these rooms are so clean i give then 100% for being clean,The price is rite ,an the owners are the best people you'll ever meet .So win in Daytona stay at this place its the best .We come down from Louisville alot an this place is just like home.

Room Tip: We always stay in room 10 this room has it all.just like home.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We enjoyed our short stay at this locally owned and operated motel. The proximity to the sea and the wonderful sounds of the ocean all contributed to a pleasant time spent. We had an efficiency and the views are all good!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orange City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I live locally, both of us have demanding jobs. We really needed to find a place that was close to home within our budget and ocean front. If you need a place to go to to get some beach time and dont need to stay in a 5 star hotel, then this is the place to go. The owners will make you feel like family within minutes. The view is great no hustle bustle. You'll sleep like a baby!!!!!!!

Room Tip: kitchenettes are great if you bring the kids
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cranford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My parents and I have been frequenting this motel for close to 20 years and my parents even longer. It is a beautiful and small motel with a great view and clean rooms. The owners are great and the rooms are clean. As long as the Ocean Crest is around I will always be staying there when I go to Florida. It's very close to shopping and downtown Daytona beach. Only about 40 minutes from St. Augustine the oldest city in America. Only about an hour from Kennedy Space Center and many other Florida attractions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Quitman, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I found this quaint Mom and Pop motel 19 years ago by accident. I kept a postcard we got from there and recently discovered it hidden away. Decided to make reservations for a mini-vacation. This is an older (1940s) motel that was typical of Florida motels before the high-rises came to be. It has efficieny rooms and has an unblocked view of the Atlantic. Nothing fancy, just calm, peaceful, clean, and relaxing. The owners personally take care of you. We WILL go back and it won't be 19 years this time!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Our family has been staying at the Ocean Crest for over 30 years. My parents started staying there around 1977 I think - very close to the time that Marcie and Gordon became the owners/managers. Marcie personally attended to minor injuries of my children and Gordon's the same as he was back then...super friendly and helpful, offering southern hospitality despite that fact that he still has some kind of New York/New Jersey accent. The beach of course is awesome - flat and wide - perfect for young children and skim boarding. Great waves for older kids/teens and the perfect sand mix for castle making, etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

My family recently stayed at the Ocean Crest for a weekend family get together and we all had a great time. We camped out at the beach all day and relaxed on the front porch in the evening. All the rooms had kitchenettes so we were able to prepare large brunches and dinners. The motel has Old Florida charm with modern conveniences. I'm looking forward to getting back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Crest Motel? Share your experiences!