“First trip with your best friend/girlfriend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
A TripAdvisor Member
“First trip with your best friend/girlfriend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2006

These are the thrills and and attractions from one of the best cities in the world.

United Kingdom
74 helpful votes
“Love Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

Once going to orlando was a once in a lifetime holiday, now as it becomes
more affordable , and a greater crossection of people go there. I think
this is what leads to such differing opinions of the same subject.
I have been to orlando on seven occasions since 1993, yes lots has changed but I will be there again this september because I love orlando.

nh
57 helpful votes
“One month in Florida”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2005

Drove to Florida from New Hampshire. On our trip back & forth, stayed at Choice Hotels, such as Comfort Inns. Very comfortable, clean, pleasant stays. Also, accumulated points for Free nights, and did indeed stay free for one night.
Beautiful sunny weather in Orlando, visited Nature Parks, such as Homosassa,FL. The East Coast, Merrit Nature Park. of course, visited our families. So much to do.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Not just Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2005

Orlando is not just about Disney. We have been to Orlando about 8 times and not just to the Parks although they are very good. We have explored many venues and dining areas around the area including quaint towns like Mt Dora. There is much to explore outside of Orlando and Kissimee within a short drive. The Lakeridge Winery festival in October is always good. Don L

Dartmouth Nova Scotia
22 helpful votes
“Christmas in Florida”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

We just got back from a 10 day trip to Florida .. from December 21 to 31. I must say, this was my first, and will be my last, trip to Florida at Christmas time. Besides the fact that the weather was not very good - which of course is just a risk you take... but the theme parks were UNBELIEVABLE. The waits were 90 to 120 minutes long - for a 30 second to 2-4 minute ride. Just not worth it. I guess I should have done a bit of investigating before we went!

We were in Fort Lauderdale for the first couple days and then did a two day cruise to Bahamas which was nice. Only a small ship (Imperial Majesty), but for a 2 day cruise, it was fine. Bahamas was nice. Then we went to Orlando for 6 days... We stayed at the Star Island Resort and Spa in Kissimee. It was very nice and will be even better once they are finished expanding (adding sand bottom beach/lake and restaurant).

All in all it was a good trip.. just not the best time to go.

gemini

Been to Orlando? Share your experiences!