“One of my favourite places in disney!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yak and Yeti

Yak and Yeti
Disney's Animal Kingdom 775 Werikhe Way, Disney's Animal Kingdom Park, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
1-407-WDW-DINE
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 3,180 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
“One of my favourite places in disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I love, love , love this restaurant. Ok, so it's not cheap- unless you're on the DDP but it serves the most succulent ribs ever, complete with chicken fried rice and stir fried veg/ coleslaw. Portions are massive and really should be shared between two (yeh, whatever!)
My other guilty Yak and yeti pleasure are the cream cheese wontons and pineapple skewers, served with vanilla ice cream. (Yet to be surpassed by my next disney guilty pleasure-Dole Whips!)
Picture heaven and times it by ten!!!!
The restaurant is full of interesting artefacts- take the time to have a look around or you'll miss the essence of the place.
Try and grab a late lunch and request an upstairs window table- there's usually plenty to watch outside and if you're lucky, you may be late enough to catch a great view of the mid afternoon parade.
If you haven't yet tried here- you are in for a real treat! just make sure you are really hungry when you arrive!
PS: As with most TS restaurants at WDW- soft drinks are refillable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Westerville, Ohio
“Delicious Amusement Park Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate at the Yake and Yeti on a recent trip to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The meal was pricey (as was expected for Disney), but very delicious. We had Beef and Brocolli, Honey Chicken, and Bourbon Chicken--all of which were extremely good. The service was good for Disney, but we did have reservations ahead of time.

Cincinnati
“ok -- expected a tad more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Based on the reviews this was a pretty highly rated restaurant. Maybe I did not choose wisely but I was not impressed. It all just seemed ok...

Visited September 2013
Waverly, Tennessee
“Best kept secret of Disney World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I don't know if I have ever been more surprised with a restaurant. We had the dining plan, and honestly, I picked it because I wanted a cream cheese wanton.... Not overly excited because all of the reviews were pretty much "good". I was doggone blown away! The restaurant is beautiful, friendly and (relatively) fast service. But the drinks and food are excellent! I had a non-alcoholic pina colada, the husband had some kind of tea we don't get back home, and the kids got icees in these big take home bottles (this stuff was included in the meal plan!). Loved the drinks, then the food came.... Wow! I got a malasian seafod & rice dish, husband got a shrimp & steak dish, & the kids got honey chicken and ribs. Everything was so good. Even my super picky 4 year old ate the ribs. And then dessert...To die for.... Mango pie, cheesecake, cream cheese wanton skewers, and chocolate pudding cake. I was surprised that I wound up liking the chocolate cake more than my much anticipated cream cheese wantons, but you can't go wrong with anything I mentioned. I hope to take my Mom to DW, and this place will be my #1 place to take her to eat.

Crestview, Florida
“Nice quick stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in at the quick service window and enjoyed our honey chicken with rice. Plus they have Safari Amber (only 1 of 2 places in the world to carry) and my Hubbs loved it. Def worth a stop!