“Awesome Cali-Mex” 5 of 5 stars

Description: 407-895-6112
Windermere, Florida
“Awesome Cali-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

A really great casual place for California-Mexican food. Its fresh Mex and, in our opinion, a better choice than Chipotle, Moes, etc. We've eaten here many times over the years and were sad when the other Orlando-area locations closed. Tasty salsa bar, good queso dip, decent kids meals... You can't go wrong. Love the baja enchiladas!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando
“Best Mexican In Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have eaten here many times over the years and many times at the former locations. Alas, the East Colonial location is the last remaining Burrito Kitchen. There is a dearth of really good Mexican food in the Central Florida area. Isn't it strange that a small town like Inman, South Carolina has better Mexican food? The Kitchen is California Mex done really, really well (NOT Tex-Mex, as I've seen it described). The quality remains the same since the first Kitchen opened in Altamonte springs. Everything is excellent, but it's the fresh salsa bar that puts the Kitchen over the top. I like the Caesar chicken burrito very much. Last week I had the cheese enchiladas with onions. This is the best cheese enchilada to be had in Orlando. This is not a Tex-Mex enchilada, but it is nonetheless excellent. The tortilla soup is the only thing I've had there that was just average. Service is excellent.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rocket Ranch, Florida
“Get the Baja Burrito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This place is really good for quick Tex Mex food. We love the Baja Burritos and the the salsa bar is made with fresh ingredients. We really love the fire roasted chipotle salsa. I only wish there was a location closer to my house.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando
“Great little taco shop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

The Baja Burrito Kitchen is a small counter service Cali-Mex Restaurant located on East Colonial in Orlando Florida just outside downtown, it shares a building with a Wine Warehouse near a Too Jays Deli and a Houlihans. We only remember to eat here once or tice a year, but it is always supringsly good. The food is cooked fresh to order and if you like California Mex this is a great place. I have the fish (fried) tacos ussually, but they have a great shrimp quesadilla and a brand new brocolli quesadilla. The salsa bar has several option and there queso is tasty. They make this chips on-site and the teas are fresh brewed, both sweet and unsweet. The Chicken is Grilled and they have steak and pork options too. Very reasonable, two can eat with drink easily for less than $20.00. The service is good and the food comes out very hot, so be careful... I alway burn my mouth here, because I do not take my own advice. They have beer and wine, but this is not a bar and there is no atmosphere, besides friendly staff and a busy dining room. Parking is easy and the area is well lit and safe, plus they are open til 10pm and they never frown when I walk in 10 minutes to closing. My only complaint, is that the salsa bar, needs a little update, but the place is clean and so are the bathrooms, wich are my golden rule. So try Baja Burrito Kitchen on COlonial it is a Great Little Taco Shop!

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ajcrewboy
“Excellent... I Eat Here ALL The Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I live in Orlando and this is one of my favorite places to eat. I probably eat here at least once a week. The salsa is always fresh and the food is consistent. I really enjoy the diverse offerings of salsa. Its a great value and highly recommend if you like fresh Tex-Mex food. If I had to wish for any improvement, it would be more upbeat, respectful staff (eye contact, thank you's, you're welcome, etc. instead of 'uh huh', no problem, or nothing - a small complaint), otherwise, the fresh food is a great value!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere