“Sonny's Tough Meat” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q

Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
310 S Alafaya Trl, Orlando, FL 32828-8917 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
407-482-9871
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,442 of 3,104 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
So Cal
“Sonny's Tough Meat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I tried Sonny's BBQ restaurant on our trip over July 4th to Orlando. The atmosphere was nice but the beef brisket was undercooked in my opinion. I don't think I would go back there unless I had to find a place close to where I was staying and there was not anything else available. The food at Sea World's BBQ restaurant was better and priced about the same.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
WorldTravelerSoCal, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your brisket seemed undercooked and not up to expectations. Please let us help! Send us an email with this information, including the location, so that we can further look into what happened and address this with our culinary team. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give us a chance to make things right!

“Up in smoke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I hadn't been to Sonny's in years. Perhaps the last time we ate here was in 2004 when we were moving to our new home and stopped in here. Ten years ago I would have rated it excellent. A lot happens in ten years. Your hair gets gray, you start slowing down, you realize everything is speeding by and you are now just in it for the ride. The same can be said of Sonny's. It had a great ride. Alas, the flavors aren't as vibrant as I remember and the beans....oh the beans...they were outstanding. Were, is the operative word. I remember them as piquant, full of flavor with large chunks of ham. These current ones taste like the stuff you buy in cans and doctor up with bbq. sauce. The ribs I had were dry and pretty blah. It is too bad. I was really hoping to recapture the flavors I remembered from long ago. It really is true, you can't go home again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good corporate BBQ. Loo for specials in the mailers and with their on-line club. Service has been very good the last couple times I've gone there.

Visited March 2014
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Victorucf, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our BBQ and service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I eat here regularly. Place is clean and food is fantastic big fan of chicken and ribs. The fries are incredible and addictive.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Jamesdep45, thanks for the review! We appreciate all of our fans but especially our loyals. Thanks for coming in regularly and enjoying our great BBQ. We hope to see you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
“BOGO Big Deal is the way to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We recently received a coupon for buy-one get-one on any Big Deal; and, decided it was time for another try... The Big Deal comes with the sandwich, one side; and, one drink. For about $8, it's better than fast food; and, cheaper than other sit-downs.

My wife and I both opted for the Chopped Brisket, which was tasty, moist; and, tender. The meat had been smoked "low and slow" with a nice smoke ring. Sides included Baked Beans (my favorite) and French Fries, which were well cooked; and, served piping hot!

Drinks are sufficiently large that we didn't need refills during out meal; but, a take-out refill was offered (and accepted) on the Pink Lemonade! Service was attentive and very quick. The parking lot was packed; and, so was the dining room... we noticed a couple of solo diners eating at the bar.

A cocktail menu highlighted this new service; so, we promised ourselves that we would to return to try some of their unique libations.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Acecafe911, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our Chopped Brisket. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!