“Love vegan options” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Love vegan options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is mainly a coffee house, but they do have food and they provide vegan options. The dining room is small and has a worn comfy feel. There are some couches and easy chair along with the dining tables. The menu is mainly sandwiches, wraps, and soups. You order at the counter and they bring the food out to you. There were four in our group and we all ate vegan and had a sandwich or a wrap and soup. Everyone was happy with their selections. I had one of the specials - a vegan bratwurst with sour kraut. It was probably a tofurky dog that you can get in the grocery, but it was good. The lentil soup that I got to go with it was excellent. The wraps others had were well received and the garlic potato soup as well, but not as good as my lentil. After dinner we got deserts and coffee. They were all vegan and gluten-free and wonderful. The coffee was excellent and they have non-dairy creamer available. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Great Coffee, Vegan Options, Laid Back Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I absolutely loved their coffee!

My mom and I were having the typical 5pm coffee & pastry craving, so we decided to give this place a try. The decor is very hippie/artsy which I'm not much of ,but I still enjoyed it. The service was OK, the girl at the counter seemed a bit annoyed when she was answering some of my menu-related questions.

Now, the coffee...it's amazing. We got the hot Mojo Jojo and it was just plain, warm, deliciousness !!! If I remember correctly it's a blend of condensed milk, cinnamon, espresso and milk? Anyways, it was really really good and they serve it in these adorable, homey looking mugs which adds a touch of personality. I also got the guava and cream cheese pasty and my mom got the Peach Quinoa which were both super tasty.

They also have a drive-thru which I'm sure I'll be using pretty soon.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Great food and coffee - needs a good scrub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

It's always great to discover an awesome local place, and even better when it's a coffee bar. The coffee is fresh roasted on the premises, which makes for truly great coffee. Thier food is innovative and delicious and has great vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. The owners are great and I'm grateful that they decided to open this place in Orlando. For this reason I feel bad about writing the the rest of my review.

Cleanliness: The owners don't seem to think that they need to spend money or effort into keeping the place clean or fresh. The sofas were dirty (I would not sit on them), the floor looked like it had not been cleaned in a month. The people who seemed to be regulars when we were there did not seem to mind this, but for a place that serves food it made me wonder about the sanitation standards in the kitchen.....

Upkeep: How had is it to maintain the furniture so the chairs don't feel like they are going to fall apart? I tried two chairs before I found one that was not wobbly.

Back to the positive: Great coffee, unique atmosphere, delicious food.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

Great food for vegan and non vegans. Friendly service. Recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
florida
“Coffee drinks at thier finest!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I visit Drunken Monkey as often as I can as an Orlando resident. My favorite is the Mojo Jojo either hot or cold. It is creamy, spicy coffee goodness! I'll occasionally switch to the Tantric Mayan which is like a mojo, but with chocolate! We haven't eaten many of the vegan food offerings here, but what we have had was fresh and quite flavorful. They also offer a cooler with a variety of juices and unusual sodas. It is a small local operation, so please bring your patience when they are busy and you will be rewarded with a tasty treat worth a little wait.

• Visited May 2011