“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 3,176 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ray our server was the best. He was so knowlegable of the menu and wines. He gave great recommendations through out the course of the meal. We would definitely ask and want Ray again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ocala, Florida
“I would expect better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The food was good, the service was disappointing.

My server never introduced himself nor welcomed me. When I requested the Magical Menu, he stood there waiting for me to quickly order. After I ordered, I asked what his name was and after he told me it was Demas he said I would also see a lot of his "helper" Oscar. Boy, that was an understatement! I never saw Demas again until it was time for my dessert to come out. Oscar brought me all my other courses, cleared the table, refilled my water, brought my bread and answered any questions that I had. As far as I was concerned, he WAS my server. Demas brought a spoon and my dessert to my table and left. I took one bite of my dessert and felt something peculiar about my spoon. When I looked at it, the back was caked with something brown or black. Oh no.... I had a used spoon in my mouth! I looked for Demas and after a while decided just to get up and look for him. I ran into the manager on duty and showed him my spoon. He apologized and Demas brought a new one. Upon finishing he brought me my check and my $33 Magical Meal magically turned into $46. He had also rang up the dessert as $13. Go figure!!!

For a starter, I had the beet salad w/walnut vinaigrette and goat cheese fondue. The beets were magnificently prepared! I could of easily eaten a side of just the beets. One downfall was seeing only a couple drips of the melted goat cheese.
My entrée was Simply Fish (Corvina) w/silky potato, heart of palm and warm crab Dijon sauce. The fish had 1/2 skin on it that had been so far cooked that it couldn't be cut. The fish itself was cooked properly but was difficult to taste w/the potato puree underneath and the Dijon sauce (sans crab) on top. The palm heart was only a sad small piece.
Dessert time!!! I chose the Citrus Pavlova which is a meringue shell w/grapefruit gelee, mandarin cream and orange bubbles. It was a delight to break into the hard meringue and find all this cream. The grapefruit gelee was delightful and played games w/my taste buds. Unfortunately as much as I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but think of the dirty spoon incident.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding Service, Great Food -- in the bar.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

On our first night at the Disney Dolphin we had dinner at the Bluezoo bar. We wanted a light dinner and had been told the food there was very good. It was!! The service was even better. Our server, Elizabeth, was exceptionally attentive and very welcoming. We returned a couple of nights later for the great service, crab nachos and "better than Shula's" scallops. It was all excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Mad Man for Blue Zoo Manhattan's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I enjoy dining at the Walt Disney Dolphin's Blue Zoo often, if entertaining, I'll choose the main dining room and order a Dancing Fish Cobia, which is out of this world good. Their fresh fish means just that, fresh and creatively approached on a daily basis. Just as often, casual stops at the Blue Zoon bar have now ratchted up my interest with their new bar snacks and craftet cocktails- for snacks, order the flatbreads, they're fantastic. And for the mad men in all of us, the small barrel aged Four Roses Manhattan is unparalled. Close runner-ups are the Rob Roy, one of my dad's old favorites, with a decidely new spin on flavor here at Blue Zoo and the Bee's Knee's, a hip prohibition bathtub gin concoction..something to savor before running home to "Boardwalk Empire"...or Disney's Boardwalk :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“Magical dining, vfm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here as part of the September magical dining offer. Bluezoo features a stunning dining room within the Dolphin Hotel. The salmon was served with little accompaniment bar the sauce, but it was one if the finest pieces of fish I have ever tasted. I also enjoyed a tantalising salad and varied bread basket. desert was an adequate portion size, a light tart satisfied the sweet tooth.

I did find the seating placing to be disappointing however, in a room that was half empty we were situated alongside a noisy works party. A view of the Epcot fireworks acted as suitable compensation....well worth a visit if you can utilise the magical dining offer but if paying top dollar there are other choices.

Visited September 2013