“Exquisite!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 3,178 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
UK
“Exquisite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

We are torn between Blue Zoo and Le Cellier Steakhouse as our two best meals on our recent trip (April 2008) to Orlando.

However where Blue Zoo really impressed us was the professionalism and knowledge of the serving staff, we are asked what we liked and what we didnt, and recommendations given to each of us based on that, with descriptions of each sauce or fish given with an insight that showed a real interest and knowledge of the food served.

I had the King Scallop and Beef Short Rib starter - the scallops were sublime, melt in the mouth and cooked perfectly, the beef fell to pieces and was beautifully flavoured. For entree I chose the lobster tail over angelhair pasta with a light lobster based sauce, it was delicious and again perfectly cooked.

My daughter of 10 opted for salmon and was given varying options for how it be cooked and presented, she took our servers' recommendation and pronounced it the best she had tasted. My husband chose the special catch of the day (sorry I dont remember the name but it was a fish I was not actually familiar with!) it was descibed as light and slightly sweet in flavour and when I tasted it that description was perfect - he enjoyed it immensely.

The wine list is extensive and has won awards, after some debate we chose a bottle of P G and it was excellent, as was the coffee incidently, no mean feat in otherwise perfect Orlando!

Our service was second to none, with excellent recommendations that were perfect for us, food was excellent, I highly recommend this restaurant - yes it is expensive and a special treat but it is very much worth treating youself!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very very good. And a fun place to spend the evening. Don't recommend bringing kids (even the older ones) unless they...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

Very very good. And a fun place to spend the evening. Don't recommend bringing kids (even the older ones) unless they really love fish. Made a mean cosmo

Orlando, Florida
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

Bluezoo is a beautifully appointed restaurant; however it was sadly disappointing in the food and beverage department.

My mai-tai arrived and it was pink. Mai-tai’s are not pink. It was pretty watered down with very little rum content. When the waiter asked me if I wanted another, I politely said no and told him why. He didn’t even respond, just took the glass away. My dining companion however, enjoyed one of their ½ bottles of wine.

We both ordered the flamed grilled tenderloin beef filet cooked medium. Both filets arrived rarer than rare. I have to say at the price point and at the level of stardom of the super-chef owner, I would expect the kitchen know what temperature to cook a filet to get to medium. Even more disappointing was the fact that our now sliced-in-half filets were re-cooked and returned to us well done. What can you expect? When you cut a filet in half there is no way you are going to get the two pieces to a perfect medium. Again, for a high-end restaurant, I expected more.

In comparison to last week’s fabulous meal at Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion on Sand Lake, this was terribly disappointing. I would give it another chance and go for a seafood dish, but there are so many more great restaurants in Orlando to try before this one gets a second visit from me.

New York
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

WOW!!! We had an absolutely terrific meal here last week.
Fish so fresh it was amazing. Magnificent presentation, excellent service. A very varied menu of seafood. We had arctic char, chilean sea bass, shrimp, oysters and clams. Everything cooked perfectly. If you like seafood, I highly recommend it.

Virginia
“My favorite restaurant on Disney property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

We dined here on a recent family trip to Disney, as well as on our vacation two years ago. We chose this restaurant for our "big night out without the kids" are were NOT disappointed.

Both dining experiences were PERFECT. Service, ambience, and food were all exceptional. This is traditional seafood done with the most unbelievable eclectic flair I've ever experienced at any other seafood restaurant. My husband loved his "Dancing Fish."

After this experience, we are anxious to try other Todd English restaurants throughout the country.