“Friendly Staff and Attentive General Manager!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center

You added Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8900 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #41 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Friendly Staff and Attentive General Manager!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

All I can say is that I will definitely return to this property!, the property itself is a bit older but some updating was being done when I stayed, hoping will will all be done in a couple months when I visit the area again but overall the staff was great, the lady that checked me in was super nice and friendly, the breakfast was busy but the attendants were very attentive to all the guests' needs and even the General Manager was assisting and going around asking how has everything been so far, that's something you don't see everywhere you go these days, the rooms are ok, for the most part they're clean and comfortable which is mostly important to me. Overall great staff, location and service, this is one property that the service ended sealing the deal for me whether I was going to return or not, with out a doubt I recommend this hotels to other business travelers!, oh and the Bahama Breeze right by it is the best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stuart B, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear MaddamZue

Thank you for your comments we really appreciate the feedback. You can be assured that these will be posted on the employee bulletin board for all to see. Again thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Convention Center Orlando and we value you as a Hampton Inn Convention Center Guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hampton inn is a standard hampton inn. Its a tad older but well maintained and has a very nice lobby and breakfast area. The staff is nice and the rate is reasonable. No complaints. Just basic and nice. Definitely met my needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stuart B, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

To be clear, this is the 8900 Universal Blvd one (as there are a few of them). Entered my room to find a half drunk can of Dr Pepper and a bottle of milk in the fridge. When I complained I was told the items must be mine!
Air con noisy as hell.

Truely awful hotel with awful staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your experience with the Hampton Inn Orlando Convention Center. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your hotel room. I will pass on these concerns with the respective department managers and follow up with them to ensure they are corrected. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and standards. Comments from our guest enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world's travelers. The time taken along with the effort made to share your comments with us is most appreciated. Hampton values your patronage and we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future for your lodging needs.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn over Christmas and again early in the New Year and found the hotel facilities and accommodations excellent. Front Desk staff was friendly and helpful. The parking lot is spacious and the space allotted to the breakfast area was roomier than most hotels. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and the attendant staff very pleasant. We preferred the accommodation with the queen-size beds on the 2nd floor to the king-size bed on the 5th floor and for some reason the second room was spartan in appearance, but clean and comfortable. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuart B, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Universal Blvd from 22nd December 2012 for 14 nights.

Hotel was easy to find, parking was easy, there were always loads of parking spaces free.

Check-in was fast and efficient, was all sorted in minutes.

Room was large with two double beds. Room had A/C, large flatscreen TV, coffee maker, easy chair. Loads of drawer space and ample wardrobe space for 2. Everything was very clean and in a good state of repair.

I was surprised just how quite the rooms were with no road noise. It was almost silent at night.

Breakfast was good (It was free, so wasn't expecting the earth). Every day had a choice of Cereals, Juice, Coffee (Lovely Coffee), Yoghurts, cooked items (The choice of these changed daily), Breads, Bagels, muffins, donuts, Danish Pastries and a waffle maker if you wanted to make your own waffles.
Some days breakfast was busy, but it was the Christmas holidays, we always managed to find a table easily.

Hotel staff were friendly. Manager came over at breakfast every day and asked about our pland for the day.

There are a number of restaurants in walking distance from the hotel (Bahama Breeze, TGI Fridays, Sizzler, Pizza Hut, Friendlies, Dennys etc. Also Pointe Orlando is only a couple of minutes walk which has a cinema, bars, restaurants and a few shops.

Room was serviced well everyday. So no Issues / problems at all.

If you are looking for a budget Orlando stay, within walking distance to International Drive, i would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the Ice / Vending machine as i think these could be noisey. We had room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart B, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Florida PanHandle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I crack myself up sometimes! I am a HHonors Gold member but horde my points like a crazy person. I was unwilling to part with any knowing we would be shutting down Disney world before checking in and would only be in the room long enough to sleep. So, I went to a discount travel site, selected an unknown three star property and hoped for the best... I was a million times relieved when it turned out to be a Hampton.

I was mildly curious to see how the guest service would be traveling on a steep discount with out the benefit of being identified as a frequent stayer. I was not disappointed

Even though it was midnight when we checked in the process was as smooth, professional and courteous as if it had been a reasonable hour.

The next morning I inquired about staying an extra hour, and a late checkout was graciously extended.

We made it to breakfast with only about 10 minutes to spare, and was pleasantly surprised to see that none of the items were running low, plenty of bacon, eggs, fruit etc.... There was an attendant visible helping some kids with the waffle maker. Thankfully the dining area was larger than a typical Hampton as it was busy but it was well organized and running smoothly.

The room was exactly what I expected it to be, spotless, superior bed and bedding, nice armchair with ottoman and comfy desk chair. Water pressure perfect. Yes, this is a big deal to me.

I have one negative thing to say, and maybe this is not the forum but here goes anyway since it appears the GM does read these reviews.

The young lady at the front desk the morning of check out had been exceptionally helpful so I made it a point of actually stopping by the desk before our departure so I could tell her thank you. She was on the phone with an apparent issues, over and over again she would say "Yes, I understand I will have her call you" Try as she might she could not disengage from this caller to attend to the line forming in front of her. I really felt bad for her as the caller went on and on but was impressed with her ability to paste a "happy desk clerk" smile on her face and mouth "just one moment" to us. I replied it was not a problem, as I could see how busy she was, obviously unlike her caller. Then the lobby became significantly quieter and I could actually here the voice of the caller. HA! When she was finally able to get back to her guests, I caught her off guard by asking, "Your GM is having a bad morning huh?" She sheepishly said um-hm, I felt badly for having put her on the spot, she was not sure how to respond. .

My point though, properly & professionally handling a line of check ins and check outs, alone, is tough. And the only thing keeping it from being the perfect was your phone call. I know it's tough behind the scenes, but all eyes are on your font line folks. If your can't remove their obstacles, at least try not to be one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Stuart B, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here over the week of Christmas. The hotel was typical of most Hamptons, it was very nice. We did try to check in a little early and were told we couldn't. I'm a diamond member and I'm usually able to check in an hour or so early. Not a big deal. Because it was during the holiday season, they left notes in the rooms letting us know when the majority of the people ate breakfast and suggested that we go early. That was nice so we could plan around it. I would not recommend driving on International Road, it took us 1.5 hours to go approx. a mile. There is a back way to get to the studios, I would recommend asking the desk the most direct route.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando - Convention Center? Share your experiences!