“I enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel. For the price, it is worth it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosen Inn International

You added Rosen Inn International to your Saves list
Rosen Inn International
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7600 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #106 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
u.s.
“I enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel. For the price, it is worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

I go to Orlando at least twice a year. I usually stay at the Hyatt Grand Cyprus with family. But this time I went solo and decided to stay right on International Drive. I chose this place because of a great value through Travel Zoo.

At first I was apprehensive. I have always stayed at 5 star properties.

I was presently surprised. I met great staff and guests. I never felt alone and the security was top notch.

Cleaning service was good. I loved the Cafe and lounge. I did not like the buffets. But there are plenty of eating options nearby and because of the fridge and micro. I could stock up on snacks and beverages.

The grounds are lovely and the pools were clean with plenty of room to sun bathe. I would definitley return. Hi Neil and Lez!!!

• Liked — location and security
  • Disliked — resturant
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

We arrived at the property and were surprised to be stopped at a guard gate before we could enter the property. We were told that both entrances on the property were manned with security 24/7. (Which we saw for ourselves.)

When we checked-in, we were greeted by the friendliest staff person Rosa. She was quick to give us suggestions on restaurants and shopping in the area. Rosa was probably the friendliest and most helpful person we met on our entire Orlando vacation.

The room was large and had all the immenties listed on the hotel website. We had a problem with the television on our first night and called the front desk at about 11pm to report it. We were not expecting someone to be sent down within 15 minutes and fix the problem. I was very impressed. The only problem we encountered in the room was seeing ants here and there. There weren't alot of them but they were in the room.

Although we didn't go to the pool, it was a nice size and the pool and pool area were clean.

For the money spent, this Quality Inn is quite a value. It's just a few miles away from Sea World, Wet N Wild and Universal Studios. Many restaurants and shops are within walking distance.

• Liked — Price, 24/7 security and proximity to theme parks, restaurants and shopping
  • Disliked — Very minor--small number of ants in room
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

My 15 yr. old daughter and I just got back from our spring break vacation, and though we truly love visiting Orlando, we absolutely hated our hotel, which kind of put a damper on our entire time there. We booked our room based on the positive reviews written by others who have stayed there. I personally can't afford fancy hotels, and have stayed at many budget hotels in the past, but this is the first time I'm so disappointed in a budget hotel. When we arrived in our room about 7:00 p.m., our beds looked as though someone had taken a nap in them, the bedspread on both beds was pulled off the pillows and both pillows were stacked on top of each other as if someone either napped or watched TV in our room (pictures attached). I called the front desk and was told that housekeeping was gone for the day. Our bathtub was also dirty. On our first day we used their free shuttle to Sea World. On our second day there we began calling guest services at 7:30 a.m., to inquire about the "shuttle" to the Disney parks (which has a fee of $14 per person by the way), we were continually put on hold and never got to even ask one simple question. When we arrived at the front desk about 8:15 am, we were informed the shuttle had just left, I told them I had been calling to ask what time it was scheduled for so that we wouldn't miss it but kept getting put on hold, the man's response was "we were busy helping guests"... I'm sorry I thought once I booked a room there, I was a "guest" too!!! He then told me that the next shuttle would be leaving at 9:50 a.m., they failed to tell us that this shuttle would be stopping at 7 other hotels to pick up more riders, we arrived at the park after 11:00 a.m. which in our case, made for a very short visit to Animal Kingdom which closes at 7:00 p.m. Oh, yes... and let's not forget that we were informed our bus would be picking us up at 6:15 p.m., again before closing. On our last night there, I called the front desk to request a wake up call for 2:00 a.m.so that we could be ready when our 2:50 a.m. shuttle arrived to take us to the airport. That "wake up call" never came. I woke up an hour late, at which time we had missed our shuttle. I called the front desk to complain and got a simple "I'm sorry about that"... long story short, we had to take a towncar (which the hotel so kindly called for me when I requested a cab), that cost me $50, and we almost missed our flight. I'm not sure what kind of hotels the guests with positive reviews have stayed at before that they found this one so great. I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone I know.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pittsburgh, Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2007

I stayed here the second week of March. Front desk staff, pleasant, polite and helpful. I had requested a quiet location and got a room facing the parking lot where there was a lot of noise from motorcycles, I4 and I-Drive. They gave me another room, which was more quiet. Room was relatively clean, very basic. In the middle of the night I woke up to get a drink of water from the night stand, turned on the light, and a roach ran across the night stand. Hey, it's Florida, I know, it still freaked me out, but it might help if the doors on the rooms actually had some sort of weather stripping as you can see about a half inch of light under the rooms I looked at. Very easy for bugs to come and go. The first room they gave me had about a quarter size hole at the bottom of the door, in addition to the half inch running across the bottom. Everything functioned okay in the room.

As far as the Lounge, which is frequented at night, especially by folks that do not have a car, service was abysmal, at best. I ended up clearing things off their tables myself as they seemed to have little interest in cleaning up after we were finished or other people. Customers would come in and look for a clean place to sit with their kids. The staff moved extremely slow, did not know the prices of their drinks, and would take their time to even make eye contact with you. Once they did, it was again "slow motion" service. Understand that they automatically add a gratuity on top of your order, so they always get a tip, and a great one if you miss the sign that reads that it is already added. I don't know, I would guess that if I worked for tips, I would try to service people better, maybe even smile once in a while, or look at a customer say, "I'll be right with you." This never occurred during my 5 day stay.

Bottom line, good, bare minimum, budget hotel/motel, but could be so much more if the rest of the staff was as nice as the front desk and would make a lot more money, possibly to fix their doors???

• Liked — Internet access
  • Disliked — Noise and service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sheffield, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Stayed back in Sept 06 and I cannot complain about anything really.

STAFF:

Really great, warm and sociable people (which accounts for most of the Florida population) From checking in the staff was well humoured, sociable but nonetheless extremely helpful. We never contested them with any problems simply because we never had any, as you will notice below.

ROOMS:

Very nice rooms, spacious, comfortable, sufficient amenities and maid service was impressive. Having stayed around International Drive in the past I can honestly say its not something to be taken for granted! Also the TV service in our hotel seemed to be far superiour to the one at the Quality Inn Maingate where other family members stopped at the same time...I also think our rooms where far more comfortable at the QI International.

FACILITIES:

One facility that I found extremely convenient (and seems to be quite popular now) is the free wireless internet that was accessible with a compatible wireless enabled laptop. I took a laptop for the flight and this saved me a small fortune on buying newspapers checking up on Sheffield United scores/News, Phone calls home, uploading photos and also accessing photo's taken on the day at Disney Land via their online portal for accessing photo's taken on the day! Other then that a mini store came in extremely handy and had one breakfast at the Apothocary restaurant which was quite enjoyable.

LOCATION:

In my humble opinion, its the epicentre and the best place to be on International Drive. I-rides to people going without cars is a great service to be used and a stop bang outside the QI International. In addition, some decent places where you can get a decent breakfast (Golden Corral, IHOP, McDonalds namely). Whilst these aren't establishments you would find that "special holiday meal that you'll never forget" this hotel is also a short walk away from Charleys steakhouse (simply a dining experience which I would recommend) and also Salt Island where I had a delicious lobster tail for the very first time! In addition, there is a 24 hour 7-11 Right across the street which means if you get fed up of en-mass high piles of foods and watching jiggly people salivate over Buffet servers then there is cereal/fruit/water etc that you can buy (I also suggest at this point a tall French-Vanilla Coffee...mmm).

In respect to Amusement parks, we walked to Wet N Wild (emphasing how close it was), Universal was a 3 minute drive away and Sea world 5 minutes. Disney roughly 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.

OVERALL:

Being a man of simple demands, I was happy with this hotel had to offer. I am quite fussy regarding cleanliness, hygeine and this hotel met my standards and did utilise most of what the site had to offer. I was blessed to have had no neighbouring noises so again and unless your a person that goes out your way to find nit-picky indiscretions and your anything like me that doesn't rely on what the site has to offer because your too busy exploring the wonders of Florida, you should be fine.

10/10.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Errr...the err...the bus stop outside was slightly discoloured from the sun?
Villavicencio,Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Stayed there from march 14 to march 22 2007 with my wife, we are from colombia and expectations for the price we paid weren´t too high but we were surprised and even pleased with this hotel.
Excellent hotel, room was comfortable and clean (which was our main concern), clean towels every day, clean bathroom, microwave, safe and coffee maker worked fine, guest service was perfect, restaurant too (apothecary) with a huge selection on breakfast buffet, location couldn´t be better. would go back again anytime. Really comfortable, SAFE, and close to main attractions in orlando. (longest drive was about 15 minutes or less to magic kingdom).

• Liked — Location, Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

Stayed at Quality Inn International on March 10 - 15, 2007 using Choice Club points with our three sons 11 - 15. Paid about $12 per day for fold-up cot. Standard size room which included small fridge, microwave and coffee make ... a treat for a cup of tea and quick breakfast in the room before the theme parks. Free bus service to Univsersal & Sea World. Friendly and accomodating staff. We really enjoyed our stay and the overall feel of the hotel and would recommend a stay here. Tim, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

• Liked — Location (Denny's, MacDonald next door).
  • Disliked — Charge for extra fold-away bed.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rosen Inn International? Share your experiences!