“Hotel was clean and renovated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rosen Inn International

You added Rosen Inn International to your Saves list
Rosen Inn International
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7600 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #106 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hotel was clean and renovated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel lobby and rooms were very clean and remodeled. We stayed on the 9th floor. The Hallway to the rooms was very low and reminded me of the shining. It was creepy. The buffet was so so and over priced

• Stayed June 2014
RosenHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thanks, Joyfulmusing!

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your time on property.

Please visit us again soon.

Troy Shoemaker
9939 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32821
Direct Line: 407-996-1474
Cellular: 407-832-1569
Fax: 407-996-3157
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

stayed here for two weeks with my partner, the hotel was very clean and well presented. Our room was right at the top (6th floor) facing the pool and we had a gorgeous view (thanks to troy who I emailed before leaving). Room had two beds which were sooo comfy! Everything else was great, maid tidied the room perfectly everyday. Towels replaced etc. Noise wasn't really a problem but I can understand why people get annoyed at the talking and footsteps outside the rooms.
Hotel is in an amazing location, we loved it. All near great food places, we walked to longhorns, bj' s, hooters, wet n wild, universal. Was further away from seaworld/discoverycove/aquatica, about a 10 min ride on the bus. Word of advice about the buses!! Get the lynx bus, not the iride. Irides are always packed, come rarely with no timetable and don't go to go to Disney. Both bus stops are right outside the hotel. To get to Disney you need to get the 42 towards seaworld then get off, walk a few seconds to the lynx stop and get the number 8. Takes ages though so keep that in mind if you are staying on idrive. We only used the shuttle for universal which was fab. Didn't want to pay the 40 dollars for the Disney one!
Pools were lovely, nice and cool for the hot weather with towels around. Hotel shop and breakfast is expensive I wouldn't bother when there is everything around the hotel, but good for convienience.
Bad note about my experience- guest services! I queued for ages to book a shuttle to universal and there was only 2 people on the desk. People in front were taking ages which obviously isn't the hotels fault but they could have brought a member of staff on as I was there for so long, about half an hour.
Overall, a great hotel and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Can’t wait for you to come back, rach3216!

Thank you for the awesome 5 stars…we appreciate it more than you know.

Thanks again,

Fax: 407-996-3157
tshoemaker@rosenhotels.com
Wales, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a great hotel in a fantastic location and amazing value for the price and should really have deserved a rating of 5. Following my e-mail request to Mr Troy Shoemaker our room was in the exact location I had asked for and I can't thank him enough for his assistance and prompt reply. The Front Desk and restaurant staff were very polite and helpful.
All this was spoilt, however, by a total disregard for my health. One evening, a letter was left in our room informing us that the carpet was to be shampooed the next day. I immediately phoned the Front Desk and asked them not to as I suffer from allergies to chemicals. It was agreed that they would not clean our carpet, but a few days later we arrived back at our room to find a notice informing us that the carpet had been cleaned and it was soaking wet. Luckily I did not suffer too badly, only some sneezing and slight tightening of my chest. What a total disregard the staff of this hotel have for customer comfort and safety! I spoke again to the Front Desk staff but no manager or hotel representative bothered to contact me with an apology.
As has been mentioned in other reviews, we chose to pay for a late check out. I had been given new keys that were supposed to work until 3pm but they stopped working early in the afternoon. Also, we were phoned in the morning to ask when we were leaving. What started as a great holiday ended with a bad taste because of the inconsiderate actions of this hotel

Room Tip: Upper floor of 2-storey blocks - fewer inevitable insects and less noise from people walking above...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn International, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
suephils,

Please feel free to contact me personally about this situation regarding the carpet shampooing during your stay… I apologize for any inconvenience and discomfort you experienced from this. I will pass your review onto Troy… and will appreciate your kind words. Again, I sincerely thank you for your review and feedback. I hope be more than happy to discuss this further. Safe travels!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had everything we expected for our first time visit to Orlando, basic amenities. We knew we wouldn't spend much time in the hotel so this was perfect. Would deffinatly recommend for couples.

Just make sure you don't buy anything from the shop on site it's very expensive compared to a two min walk to international drive.

Biggest mc ds right outside too what more do I need to say

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jjandrews711,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy to read you found everything close by, convenient and perfect for you and your family. Safe travels! We hope to see you again soon!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I had stayed in the same location many years ago and it was horrible, I got a deal and thinking it was a different location I booked it, I was pleasantly surprised that the room was really nice, I like what Rosen has done with the place, nicely done, rooms were beautiful with all the amenities, the property was lively and clean. Will consider it again for a future visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, tammyv.

I am so happy to read the second time around was a great experience! Looking forward to stay number 3!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

For the money that you pay you cannot expect this hotel to be amazing. This was my attitude before arrival and I wasn't disappointed (not in a negative way). I'll run through a few things in chronological order:

A few days before arriving I sent a message to the hotel via their website requesting a courtyard room on the 2nd floor. Sadly, I didn't receive any response despite supplying my email address, not even an acknowledgement - this was a touch disappointing.

Upon arrival the welcome wasn't overly friendly but to be honest I was quite tired after the journey so wasn't too bothered. We were checked in reasonably efficiently and we did have rooms on the 2nd floor with a pool view. I have no idea whether this was in response to my request - it wasn't mentioned during check-in.

Getting to the block where my room was located was a bit of fun. The exterior paths in and around the hotel are quite narrow and run immediately outside the 1st floor (ground floor) rooms. A number of guests had taken chairs out of their rooms and were sat immediately outside, blocking most of the path requiring you to walk through the low bushes outside, dragging your case through the mud. Not the end of the world and most people were apologetic - just didn't actually move out of the way.

The room itself was of a reasonable standard, mine had two double beds, a reasonably large LCD TV (32" at a guess) with around 40 channels (mostly awful programmes though), a chest of drawers, a wardrobe and a bedside table with a free-to-use safe. The furniture was is pretty good condition. The room has a fairly large air conditioning unit which is easy to use and I found to be very effective - although quite noisy at night, but I'd rather the noise than the heat without it. The toilet / shower / bath were perfectly reasonable, it was fairly clean - a bit of an additional scrub in a few places would have been welcomed, but it did not bother me. The towels are tiny though, barely wrapping around my waist. It was a good job that there were four of them! There is also a hairdryer, a fridge and a tiny coffee machine, with some coffee and cups, but sadly no kettle or tea. There is also free wi-fi which isn't fantastically fast but it does the job.

The first night I was tired, as mentioned but the unusal noise of the air conditioning kept me awake as did the noise of people moving past my room outside - it's sort of a concrete floor which seems to amplify the sound of footsteps, particularly flip-flops and luggage. I got used to this as well, but it does sound oddly close.

One thing which is a bit wierd is that in my room the curtain didn't quite cover the whole window - there was a 1-2 inch gap which you could see out of (and in through), but it was angled towards the area behind the door where there is an unfortunately placed full length mirror so you could in effect see into the room if you pressed yourself up to the glass - although you would look a bit wierd to anyone who saw you doing this.

The room service was good, room made up everyday and towels / linnen replaced - can't fault that.

The hotel pools were pleasant and there is a supply of towels for use. The pools get cleaned every morning too - if you're up early enough to see them doing it.

The hotel restaurant is pretty average in my view, there is an OK selection at the buffet, but there are far better alternatives very close by - the TGI Fridays on Carrier Drive is fantastic or the Golden Corral which is the other side of Sand Lake Road if you prefer a buffet.

The hotel shop is useful and has most essentials. A little pricey, but you are paying for convenience. I can't comment on the bar - I didn't use it.

The big bonus of this hotel is the location - it right in the middle of International Drive. Universal can be reached with a 20-25 minute walk if you wanted, Wet'n'Wild in about 10-15.
Sea World is probably not walkable but you can catch the I-trolley (which stops immediately outside but is tremendously slow) or the number 8 Lynx bus which runs more frequently and is much faster - I would recommend the LYNX 7 day fixed link ticket which costs $16 (otherwise it is $2 per journey). Disney is best accessed by car, but the access to the Interstate is adjacent to the hotel. There are loads of places to eat along International Drive within easy walking distance.

However, there are a couple of other things which somewhat tainted my opionion of the hotel.

The first happened a few nights in when at about 9:30pm the power to the hotel failed completely. The hotel inexplicably has absolutely no emergency lighting in the rooms or the walkways outside the rooms. My fiance happened to be in the shower at the time and it is miraculous that she managed to get out of the bath without tripping or colliding with anything. The bathroom has no windows so there was absolutely no light in there at all and since it was dark outside at that time, the curtains were drawn so the whole bedroom was in darkness. The power was out for 40 minutes and in that time, to my knowledge, no representative of the hotel made any effort to go around to check on the guests or provide any information at all. This was very disappointing and potentially very dangerous that not even basic emergency lighting is available in the rooms and particularly in the bathrooms - this is something that urgently needs to be addressed.

The second is related to the late check-out facility. Ordinarily you have to vacate your room by 11, but you can extend that to midday for free. Our flight wasn't until late evening so we decided to opt for late check-out which was 4pm. The cost of this was around $30, but was worth it to be able to shower and freshen up before our journey home. We arranged this through reception the day before we were due to leave. Just before we left the hotel the next morning to do a bit of last minute shopping for gifts I decided to double check that it had been recored that we were registered for late check-out which we indeed were, but we had not had our room key updated to allow us access until 4. It turns out that the room key stops working at 12 on the day of departure and that the reception staff should have updated our room key when we arranged the late check-out. Some additional staff training may be required here.

Despite these two slight complaints the hotel was by and large comfortable, in a reasonable condition and good value in my view. One of the key points is, if you are in Orlando for the theme parks, you don't end up spending much time in the hotel anyway. It is simply somewhere to recharge you batteries after a long, hot, fun day in the parks - if that is what you are looking for then you can't go wrong with this hotel especially for the price.

I'd have probably raised my score to 4 out of 5 if the towels were bigger and the hotel had the emergency lighting fitted (which probably won't affect or be noticed by 99% of guests - but sadly it was something we could have doen with).

Room Tip: Try to get a courtyard room with a pool view on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your well written, informative review, Papa_Lima_Echo.

We appreciate our guest verbatim very much. I certainly will pass your review on to the front desk in regards to the misphap with your requested late check out. This is something that can certainly be improved on. Communication between our engineering in regards to our power outage was our fault and I apologize for any inconvenince you faced during the outage. We will definitely look into why emergency lighting was not applicable at that time. Thank you again for your great review. I hope you will consider us again in the future. Safe travels!

Chesterton, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is very nice on your pocket but not the best to stay. The rooms are very old. The room smelled musty. Rollie Pollie bugs in the bathroom occasionally. Like 6-8 of them in the 3 days of staying. The housekeeping expect basics. The coffee pot had a build up of calcium deposit and also in the water chamber of the machine. Thank goodness for Dunkin Donuts RIGHT NEXT DOOR. The pool is FANTASTIC! Well kept. The security guards at the entrances / exits are FANTASTIC! The dressers and furniture in the rooms are FANTASTIC AND VERY PRETTY. All in all not a bad stay other than the rollie pollie's. It could've been worse but next time we won't stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your review so much, tlk46304.

Thank you for your feedback… we take everything from our guest into consideration. Aside from the downside you faced… it sounds as if you had a fantastic stay with us! We do hope you and your family return in the future. Thank you.

Phone: 407.996.9939 | Fax: 407.996.3157

Been to Rosen Inn International? Share your experiences!