We picked this hotel from the excellent Florida4less.co.uk site (part of the Co-op group), and it worked out a lot cheaper than other similar hotels on or around I-Drive.
The location is excellent, with stuff like Wonderworks and Pointe Orlando within easy walking distance. Similarly there are a bucket-load of good restaurants within walking distance (great steak and ribs at Cattlemans).
I have found that the position of this hotel is a lot nicer than anything north of the intersection with Sandlake Road (which has been getting increasingly tackier over the last few years ....).
Also handy is the I-Ride trolley service. There are 2 lines (Green and Red), and both have stops near the hotel. Similarly, the only official Tourism centre in I-Drive is a couple of minutes walk from the hotel (handy for Virgin travellers as I believe they can check in their luggage here the night before departure instead of having to cart it off to the airport).
Okay, so it's not a luxury hotel. Anyone can see this if you do a bit of research before travelling. Also if you happen to know this part of Orlando you will realise that hotels in this price range are all very similar. If you want luxury, you're going to have to open your wallet a bit wider. However, it is clean, the beds are comfy, the room service was good, and the walls were amazingly soundproof !
This was a great room for my wife and myself, because as a suite it has just that bit more square footage than a regular hotel room. It's also nice to have a mini kitchenette and dining area just in case you want to cook for yourself or bring back and consume the basic breakfast that is provided by the hotel.
And the breakfast IS basic ! But it is free and is handy for a snack before scooting off to the parks. If you don't want it then there are pleny of cheap breakfast dining options within 5 mins walk of the hotel.
The shuttle service to Disney was surprisingly quite good. It's a mini-bus, and made on average 3 further pick-ups on the way to Disney. I've used park shuttle services from I-Drive hotels in the past and this is one of the better ones.
Staff were excellent and attentive, especially Ana Maria on the front desk.
So would I stay here again ? Yes, definitely.
- air-con was a bit weak (not sure it could handle the summer heat effectively)
-TV reception was pretty awful
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Extended Stay America Orlando
- Extended Stay Orlando
- Orlando Extended Stay
- Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Center