“WONDERFUL OVERNIGHT STAY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8750 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #174 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“WONDERFUL OVERNIGHT STAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and I must say I was impressed. This was my first time hoteling at an Extended Stay! I booked a King Suite and was throughly impressed. Check-In was a breeze and the staff was friendly and informative. There is ample FREE parking too.

The rooms are filled with everything you need, and would expect for an extended stay hotel, it i also very conveniently located with PLENTY of places to eat and shop within walking distance. Because it is not on I-Drive, traffic was nearly non-exsistant!

The room featured, a full sized fridge & freezer, microwave, coffee maker, toaster and a 2 burner stove. There is also dish detergent for dishes! It has the standard amenities that most hotel will provide, iron, ironing board, LCD TV, DVD player, remote control, desk, tables, .etc.

There is also a pool and hot tub on site that many guests were enjoying. The bed was extra firm, just the way I like it, and everything was super clean and smelled really nice. The only thing I ran into was some noisy guests, either the doors are not very sound proof or they were extremely loud. Most people are here with their families on holiday visiting the parks, so cut them a break, and realize they are just excited!

They also had some conveniences offered for the asking, tooth brushes, tooth paste, razors, shaving cream, .ect. Very thoughtful. The elevator is very accessible and the place is small enough to move around quickly and get to your room and easy enough laid out to not get lost! There are wild horses across the street too, which is always a plus to see in the morning.

They offer free Wi-Fi which is a hot commodity for Orlando Hotels, neighboring chains charge for it. You can upgrade if you want it to be faster, I found no issue with speed at all. I connected with ease and pages loaded quickly! The towels I felt were small and rough, maybe a tad of fabric softener if the hotel can spare it, but it's no big deal.

I cannot comment on the free continental breakfast because I checked out before it started, but it is offered.

Overall, I would certainly recommend a stay at this hotel and it is a very feasible option for me to book in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Brian R, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Nirvanaqween,

Sincerely
Area Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012 for 10 days and loved it. We had a beautiful pool view room with a king size bed, lovely bathroom and kitchen area. Our room was tidied daily with the bins changed and the bed made. We didn't spend much time round the pool area but the few times we did it was very clean and the hot tub was an extra treat. The only thing that I would mention is the breakfast, this is not a complaint at all but there is not very much variation to the breakfast, again this is not a complaint as we had everything we needed, fresh milk, coffee, juice, bread, muffins and fruit, I guess I just like a little more choice but thats the beauty of having a kitchen in your room so that you can sort yourself out. All in all a really lovely stay, very happy, helpful staff. We stayed an extra 3 days and there was no problem at all, no messing about with changing rooms, the very helpful staff in reception told us that we could stay in our room as they would not want to move us around and make us uncomfortable.
Would stay here again and recommend to friends and family for their Orlando holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here from 12th Oct for 2 weeks for a family holiday (2 adults,2 children) aged 12 and 10, It was our first time in USA and booked here for the location and the inclusive breakfast, we were not let down at all as it was perfect for all our needs. Good central loction near to all bus stops and local shops and restaurants, free bus to Disney is good, nice quiet location and the rooms were spacious and clean with large comfy beds, all the staff were helpfull and the breakfast is fine for a nice start to the day before going to the parks and the pool is also great for all to enjoy after a long day out. All in all this is a great hotel for the first time visitor staying on I Drive and i will be booking again should i return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in June 2012 and my daughter was about 6 mth old then, the room was really good, it has a large fridge freezer and cooker and microwave so I was able to sterilise bottles in the microwave, it didn't have a kettle but I bought one for a couple of dollars to boil water to make her bottles. It has hairdryer, iron and ironing board. It has a reclining chair and a sofa which was great when my daughter was having a sleep, we could chill out on sofa and watch a film, it also had a DVD player in the room. It's not near all the tourist shops but you can jump on a bus, it's right near sea world. We couldn't fault the hotel at all, we would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012
Brian R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Rachel305,

Thank you very much for your kind words they are very much appreciated. I believe you may have stayed at our Extended Stay Deluxe on Westwood Blvd. as we do not have reclining chairs at this location.

That said we don’t get a request for kettles very often however I will get some kettles for our guest to use (upon request) later this week.

Area Operations Manager.
Littleton, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Overall this is a good clean low-key hotel, which is priced reasonably for the Orlando area, however there are several notable issues that need to be mentioned and brought to light before booking your stay.

HOTEL STAFF
Friendly and courteous, but lacked any knowledge of the local area - they couldn’t manage to give me directions out of a cardboard box!

MAINTENANCE
Most of my hangers were missing in the room. I asked several times for additional hangers and nothing ever came of it. The front desk kept putting it off to maintenance and maintenance would put it off to housekeeping. I also had a desk lamp with an electrical short and it took two days for them to fix/replace it. The hall carpeting was in desperate need of a cleaning (lots of stains and spots and sticky). The elevator seemed like it needed a wipe down with disinfectant and the garbage in the common areas was always overflowing. All of this takes away from the experience, unless this is the experience the owners want you to have.

ROOM
Clean and spacious. Enough for a family of 4 with two queen beds and a hideaway in the sofa. Plenty of towels and wash rags. Also a small kitchenette stocked with utensils and dishes, but no dish soap. Bathroom was tight with virtually no privacy so a family of four would have a difficult time. Actually, the bathroom door couldn’t open all the way because of the tub. The place is noisy at night with lots of doors slamming and people around the pool area until 4 am. The room is missing many of the amenities that would make your stay a little more comfortable. There is only one small garbage can in the kitchen, which makes it very inconvenient when using the bathroom area. The bathroom sink comes up to just above the knee so wreaks havoc on the back when bending over the sink to shave. You will only get one bar of soap and one shampoo. No lotion or extra stuff so don’t ask. The room also lacked enough power outlets in the usual convenient areas. I frequently had to use the ones hidden behind the bed, but also found myself unplugging one thing and swapping it for another. The television was placed awkwardly in the room and was not very visible from the bed or the sofa without crooning your neck. Also, the channel selection was very limited so bring plenty of DVD’s.

AMMENITIES
The wireless is free – for the basic “very slow” version and an additional $3 to upgrade, but the guy at the front desk told me that it wasn’t worth it. I also requested to use the a computer / printer in the common area and was quite shocked when the staff told me they didn’t have one and that I should go next door to the Hyatt. So I wonder how the Hyatt feels about having guests from other hotels using their facilities?

POOL
Pool area is nice with gas BBQ’s. But it is in the courtyard of the hotel so the noise radiates to all the rooms which face the courtyard. So on a warm day don’t expect peace and quiet.

LAST THINGS
This was booked for business purposes and lacked many of the necessary niceties that are required for the business traveler, but in my opinion might be well suited for families with smaller children, but not older children. This is because the room lacks the privacy that most teens need. It is also quite a distance from Downtown Disney, but there are numerous restaurants within walking distance, but virtually no shopping. I believe this area of Orlando is more suited for the business traveler and for a little more money, there are many other better options in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get something better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brian R, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear djl79,

I recently received your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Convention Center - Pointe Orlando. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about the friendliness of our staff. I will work with our new front desk agents to get them more familiar with the area. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I will specifically answer your question about our guest using the Hyatt’s computers. We had an agreement with them for our guests to us their computers and they send their guests over to use our laundry facilities. I have been looking into a business center of some kind so we don’t have to inconvenience our guest by sending them elsewhere.

As for the channel selection, we continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions.

I really appreciate your feedback, and although sometimes the negative is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one.

Area Operations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

First time I have ever experienced a breakfast room with more than just a packaged sweet roll or muffin and coffee at an Extended Stay Deluxe. Not hot stuff, but large toaster with bread, waffles, etc. that you can run through, cereal, etc, juice and coffee. A full breakfast room although no tables and chairs -- you load a plate and take it back to your room Friendly, pro-active desk person. Large flat screen TV with DVD player. Large rooms. Clean. Good beds. Reasonable and dependable wi-fi for email and light surfing -- free. Higher speeds available for fair price. I like this chain and this is the best property of this chain I have ever stayed in. Usually, the Extended Stays have a limited front desk with basically a person to collect your money while doing the laundry in the room behind the desk. This property has much more a feel of a full service lodging facility and still all of the amenities of a small apartment instead of just a hotel room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This place is a great value! It is right on the bus line, so no matter what you want to do in Orlando, you can take the bus and not have to get lost or find and pay for parking. (If you want to ride the bus, either ask the front desk or go to Walgreens and pick up a bus pass for the number of days you'll be there.)
The rooms are clean and well furnished with everything you need (although I had to go out and buy a glass for my Guinness...I hate drinking Guinness out of plastic "glasses". LOL)
The staff are very friendly, and helpful too. Each front desk person and everyone I encountered were friendly and helpful with welcoming attitudes. There was one woman at the desk who was very helpful suggesting good, non-touristy places for me to eat. The "free continental breakfast" was decent enough...not amazing but not as bad as some places I've been.
Overall, this was a nice, quiet, clean and roomy place to stay, with all the comforts of home, and some comforts you may not have at home (maid service). It was a good value and I'll stay here each time I return to Orlando.
I went alone, and on business, but I can see how it would be great for a family on vacation, too.

Room Tip: The front desk staff help you choose the right room if you ask for what details you might want and t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area

Address: 8750 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#78 Business Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Hotel Orlando
Extended Stay America Orlando
Extended Stay Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Center

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.