Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8750 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #144 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Belfast
“International Drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks, staff all extremely helpful especially Chili!
Pool area is lovely, and always fresh clean towels and spare sun loungers.
Breakfast is quite good in the mornings and always plenty of food left. Great to have free Wifi although connection not great. bedrooms were big and spacious, the only downfall is that there was no balcony and rooms slightly dated. Housekeeping everyday. Other than that we had a great stay and i would definately return to Extended Stay Deluxe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We ( 2 adults, 2 teens) stayed here for 7 nights in August. The room was clean , comfortable and plenty big enough, though our 13yr old was not too happy on the sofa bed, the mattress looked a bit thin , he even considered sharing a bed with his brother- so it must have been bad !
The breakfast was fine, we don't eat a cooked breakfast anyway, so toast, bagels, eggs, cereals and yoghurts were fine for us.
The pool was lovely and warm and there were towels available when needed.
The location is excellent, plenty of restaurants and I ride stops within a few minutes walk.
We paid less than £30 a night and thought it very good value- you wouldn't get a suite and bed and breakfast for 4 people in the UK for that price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here July 2012 for 16 nights and had a great stay. Now the property is by no means deluxe but rooms are clean and well priced with free breakfast. We never had to wait in line for breakfast as we always went early but it did look busy later on when we left for the parks. Not a fantastic selection but if like me all you want is cereal, toast and a coffee it's fine. The staff are all very friendly from Savannah on the front desk to Ernesto the maintenance man who seems to work 16hrs every day. I would stay here again and would recommend to others just remember this is not a Luxury Hotel but a clean well priced budget hotel and you'll be happy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This place has absolutely no regard for the customer. Booked on Hotwire and was already a little apprehensive, I saw the building and thought this is nice enough. Then I went in and it went all down hill from there. I asked if it was possible to check in a little early, hotwire says check in at 3, I arrive at 1:30pm and they tell me I can't until 4pm. I have 3 kids in the car, I go to check on my wife and kids and tell my wife it may be awhile. I go back in and explain to them the situation very kindly and they say ok, but only a smoking room. I said nope, and asked if I comeback at 4pm do I get a non smoking room. They said they would not. I left went on priceline and for $15 more stayed at the Rosen Centre. There are some places that place a high value on customer service, this place certainly could care less.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CaptainCoconut77, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Rtwalka

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Convention Center - Pointe Orlando. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read the title of your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave later than our scheduled departure time. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in sold out circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference for early check in. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but in most cases when booked on opaque sites the room type is run of house. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference however we aren't always able to accommodate such requests for early arrivals.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, let me apologize again and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Brian Riccardi
Area Operations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Got this through Hotwire and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived considering how little it costed per night. The service at the front desk is awesome (thank you Savannah!), the rooms are pretty clean and with lots of amenities (sink, fridge, microwave, cooktop, etc.). There's also free wifi and free continental breakfast. Unfortunately, the breakfast selection is pretty limited and there was a crowd so it took a bit of waiting in line to get any food. Seating for breakfast was set up outside by the pool but the number of seats was rather limited relative to the number of guests who came for free breakfast.

Hotel location is also pretty convenient as it is only a couple of miles from the major interstates/highways.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I can see how this place works for families on vacation or people attending trade shows. Since I am not in the room extensive time, it worked for my needs. Clean, roomy, and quiet. The free wifi is a "joke" but I travel with my own hotspot. I would use this place again. The Hyatt next door is nice but I enjoyed the space a suite brings: couch, kitchen, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

hotel is in the middle of international drive. it is a small hotel that really looks after its guests. staff could not do anymore to please my famliy and other guests. hotel room was large with one kingsize bed and a sofabed cooker,dishwasher,sink,fridge freezer which also makes ice-cubes mirrored slide wardrobe,shower that is over the bath and a bathroom sink that is seperate from the bathroom it also had a large tv. swimming pool and seating area was great. there are two bbqs if you want to have one instead of eating out.

going to parks.....

there is a disney bus that picks up from the hotel every morning at 8.05am and 10.30am it will then pick you up from disney at 3 differant times in the evening the last one is 10.45pm

universal is a 10min taxi ride and costs no more than 14 dollars each way

legoland you must go to the premium outlet at vineland taxi is 20 dollars. you will then get the legoland coach at 8.30am which takes you there. it is 10 dollars per adult for the bus and this includes return. the bus back is at 8pm

walmart on sandlake is the best one and is again 10mins away in taxi and 14 dollars each way.

if you get in any taxi make sure they have a meter and that they use it!!!!!!

there are reviews saying about sticky carpets. i never came across any and we had 3 rooms. the carpets are hoovered everyday and your room is cleaned everyday.

breakfast........

is self service and you get a choice of 4 differant cereals with white bread brown bread for toast. the only thing that changes is they add bagels to this or french toast everyday. also you either get muffins or donuts everyday. and they have fruit everyday.

overall.....

aircon is great
great hotel for adults and kids
smoking or none smoking rooms
pool and seating area
washing and drying room
games room with a couple of arcade machines and air hockey
fitness room with 1 bike 1 running machine 1 rowing machine
24 hour free tea and coffee machine beside the pool
free wifi

if you are unsure about this hotel trust my review it is the truth iam already planning my next stay

Room Tip: gorund floor with a pool view. we had room 112 plus 116 plus 118
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area

Address: 8750 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#61 Business Hotel in Orlando
#168 Family Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Hotel Orlando
Extended Stay America Orlando
Extended Stay Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Center

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.