“Great Stay at Extended Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8750 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #174 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Northern Ireland
“Great Stay at Extended Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here July 2012 for 16 nights and had a great stay. Now the property is by no means deluxe but rooms are clean and well priced with free breakfast. We never had to wait in line for breakfast as we always went early but it did look busy later on when we left for the parks. Not a fantastic selection but if like me all you want is cereal, toast and a coffee it's fine. The staff are all very friendly from Savannah on the front desk to Ernesto the maintenance man who seems to work 16hrs every day. I would stay here again and would recommend to others just remember this is not a Luxury Hotel but a clean well priced budget hotel and you'll be happy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This place has absolutely no regard for the customer. Booked on Hotwire and was already a little apprehensive, I saw the building and thought this is nice enough. Then I went in and it went all down hill from there. I asked if it was possible to check in a little early, hotwire says check in at 3, I arrive at 1:30pm and they tell me I can't until 4pm. I have 3 kids in the car, I go to check on my wife and kids and tell my wife it may be awhile. I go back in and explain to them the situation very kindly and they say ok, but only a smoking room. I said nope, and asked if I comeback at 4pm do I get a non smoking room. They said they would not. I left went on priceline and for $15 more stayed at the Rosen Centre. There are some places that place a high value on customer service, this place certainly could care less.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CaptainCoconut77, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Rtwalka

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Convention Center - Pointe Orlando. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read the title of your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave later than our scheduled departure time. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in sold out circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference for early check in. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but in most cases when booked on opaque sites the room type is run of house. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference however we aren't always able to accommodate such requests for early arrivals.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, let me apologize again and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Brian Riccardi
Area Operations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Got this through Hotwire and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived considering how little it costed per night. The service at the front desk is awesome (thank you Savannah!), the rooms are pretty clean and with lots of amenities (sink, fridge, microwave, cooktop, etc.). There's also free wifi and free continental breakfast. Unfortunately, the breakfast selection is pretty limited and there was a crowd so it took a bit of waiting in line to get any food. Seating for breakfast was set up outside by the pool but the number of seats was rather limited relative to the number of guests who came for free breakfast.

Hotel location is also pretty convenient as it is only a couple of miles from the major interstates/highways.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I can see how this place works for families on vacation or people attending trade shows. Since I am not in the room extensive time, it worked for my needs. Clean, roomy, and quiet. The free wifi is a "joke" but I travel with my own hotspot. I would use this place again. The Hyatt next door is nice but I enjoyed the space a suite brings: couch, kitchen, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

hotel is in the middle of international drive. it is a small hotel that really looks after its guests. staff could not do anymore to please my famliy and other guests. hotel room was large with one kingsize bed and a sofabed cooker,dishwasher,sink,fridge freezer which also makes ice-cubes mirrored slide wardrobe,shower that is over the bath and a bathroom sink that is seperate from the bathroom it also had a large tv. swimming pool and seating area was great. there are two bbqs if you want to have one instead of eating out.

going to parks.....

there is a disney bus that picks up from the hotel every morning at 8.05am and 10.30am it will then pick you up from disney at 3 differant times in the evening the last one is 10.45pm

universal is a 10min taxi ride and costs no more than 14 dollars each way

legoland you must go to the premium outlet at vineland taxi is 20 dollars. you will then get the legoland coach at 8.30am which takes you there. it is 10 dollars per adult for the bus and this includes return. the bus back is at 8pm

walmart on sandlake is the best one and is again 10mins away in taxi and 14 dollars each way.

if you get in any taxi make sure they have a meter and that they use it!!!!!!

there are reviews saying about sticky carpets. i never came across any and we had 3 rooms. the carpets are hoovered everyday and your room is cleaned everyday.

breakfast........

is self service and you get a choice of 4 differant cereals with white bread brown bread for toast. the only thing that changes is they add bagels to this or french toast everyday. also you either get muffins or donuts everyday. and they have fruit everyday.

overall.....

aircon is great
great hotel for adults and kids
smoking or none smoking rooms
pool and seating area
washing and drying room
games room with a couple of arcade machines and air hockey
fitness room with 1 bike 1 running machine 1 rowing machine
24 hour free tea and coffee machine beside the pool
free wifi

if you are unsure about this hotel trust my review it is the truth iam already planning my next stay

Room Tip: gorund floor with a pool view. we had room 112 plus 116 plus 118
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Hotel is a great value for your money. Consist of 2 comfortable queen size bed, 2 nice big size closest, dvd player, sofabed along with living room space, a eating table, refridge, 2 isle stove, microwave, dishwasher, and a big size bathroom. My stay was very comfortable and quiet and convenient to i-drive so restaurants wasnt a problem to find.This hotel is not that fancy but is great for families and for long stay. I didn't really communicate with staff so not sure if they were friendly or not but overall check in with smoothly and I had no problems. The hotel was also very clean.

Room Tip: Try Bottom floors if you don't want to have to wait on elevators.
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We just checked in... the staff barely spoke english and since we checked in late we asked where some close fast food places were... she recommended Bennigans and Tony Roma. Obviously didn't understand the question.
Though we did get a great price thru Priceline... you DEFINATELY get what you pay for.
Im not sure I'm if cleaner or germier after using the shower. Not to mention the grout in the bathroom is terrible. Carpet has a tackiness to it and furniture is what you would expect in a run down rental house.
AND our 'non smoking' room just about knocked you down when you open the door... can't wait to smell like a smoker this week on our vacation! We went down the street to walgreens and bought plugins...
WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN. & will be VERY careful about what i read on here from now on.
All i can say is that the location is great, not in the eye of the busy I-Drive, but close enough to walk and VERY close to Sea World. Parking is ample. Internet is free.

Room Tip: ask to see your room before you pay! 'non smoking' isn't always non smoking!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Mrs. Jennifer Toney,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - Convention Center - Pointe Orlando. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware. We will use your account to help us make our hotel even better and are continually making improvements at the property. We apologize that your stay was not completely enjoyable. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd

Address: 8750 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#77 Business Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Hotel Orlando
Extended Stay America Orlando
Extended Stay Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Center

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Universal Blvd, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.