We have just returned to the UK from a 14 day holiday at the Extended Stay on Westwood Blvd and overall we had a great time. The main reasons for our trip were the theme parks and shopping in the Orlando area, and with this in mind our choice of hotel focussed on practical needs rather than luxury. And from this view point the Extended Stay stacks up really well.
The initial price was competitive and when added to the free shuttles to the parks and location on both I ride and Lynx routes it makes sense financially. The hotel is within walking distance or a couple of bus stops from Sea World which is also the pick up point for Busch Gardens transport to Tampa. So from here you can get to all the main parks at minimum cost.
The staff were friendly and professional throught out the stay, we had a couple of small plumbing issues that were fixed on the day we reported them. It must be noted that the rooms are not "Deluxe." They are basic, but that basic includes everything we needed to stay for 14 nights with out issue. Hot and cold water, a decent bed and a self catering kitchen if required.
The theme park shuttle buses appeared a bit dated compared with others we saw but they were on time, never broke down and were scheduled to allow a full day in the parks.
The location is fairly quiet compared to International drive but the bus links on our doorstep meant we could try the various restaurants and bars of that area when we wanted (last I ride of 10.30pm suited us but taxi's would be needed for anything later.)
My only negatives are the small pool and the lack of a hotel bar but these wants could be addressed at other local venues if need be.
Overall the Extended Stay catered exactly for the Orlando holiday my wife and I wanted, it was nothing flash but a good reliable base that allowed us to have a great time doing the things we wanted out and about in Orlando.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Deluxe Westwood Blvd Hotel
- Extended Stay Deluxe Westwood Blvd Hotel Orlando
- Extended Stay America Orlando
- Extended Stay Orlando
- Orlando Extended Stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite hotel within walking distance to the West Wing of the Orange County Convention Center. Hotel is within close proximity to Seaworld, Universal Studios, and all International Drive attractions. All rooms feature a fully equipped kitchen and a comfortable recliner. Outdoor swimming pool and barbecue, fitness center, meeting room are also available. Complimentary shuttle bus to Parks and I-Ride trolley stop is located at hotel entrance. Light continental breakfast is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Otel, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.