“Great base camp for a theme park holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6443 Westwood Blvd, Orlando, FL 32821 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #170 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
matmat69
“Great base camp for a theme park holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have just returned to the UK from a 14 day holiday at the Extended Stay on Westwood Blvd and overall we had a great time. The main reasons for our trip were the theme parks and shopping in the Orlando area, and with this in mind our choice of hotel focussed on practical needs rather than luxury. And from this view point the Extended Stay stacks up really well.

The initial price was competitive and when added to the free shuttles to the parks and location on both I ride and Lynx routes it makes sense financially. The hotel is within walking distance or a couple of bus stops from Sea World which is also the pick up point for Busch Gardens transport to Tampa. So from here you can get to all the main parks at minimum cost.

The staff were friendly and professional throught out the stay, we had a couple of small plumbing issues that were fixed on the day we reported them. It must be noted that the rooms are not "Deluxe." They are basic, but that basic includes everything we needed to stay for 14 nights with out issue. Hot and cold water, a decent bed and a self catering kitchen if required.

The theme park shuttle buses appeared a bit dated compared with others we saw but they were on time, never broke down and were scheduled to allow a full day in the parks.

The location is fairly quiet compared to International drive but the bus links on our doorstep meant we could try the various restaurants and bars of that area when we wanted (last I ride of 10.30pm suited us but taxi's would be needed for anything later.)

My only negatives are the small pool and the lack of a hotel bar but these wants could be addressed at other local venues if need be.

Overall the Extended Stay catered exactly for the Orlando holiday my wife and I wanted, it was nothing flash but a good reliable base that allowed us to have a great time doing the things we wanted out and about in Orlando.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review of your stay with us. Knowing that our hotel, our staff and our location met your needs is certainly what we strive for. Your kind words and thorough review will provide peace of mind to others when choosing their home away from home.
Thank you for allowing us to host your Orlando visit.

Pebble Persico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I traveled with my husband and my 12 year old son. We found the hotel very well located, close to the main boulevards and adjacent to Sea World.
The room was quite spacious and the beds super comfortable. The bathroom was small but clean. It was super handy to have stove and microwave in our room so we could make small meals.
The room was cleaned every two days, but were setting up the bed and picked up the trash every day.
Definitely recommend this hotel.
Team friendly and available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Mrs. Boaventura:
I just finished reading your property review of our Westwood location and want to thank you. It is wonderful to know we met the needs of your family and were pleased with the cleanliness. Providing the comforts of home in a warm and gracious environment is what we strive for. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Orlando.

Pebble Persico
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights during a recent convention. I checked in after midnight and was greeted at the door by a friendly representative. When I got to my room, I was surprised to find that I had a small kitchen and a desk in addition to all of the other things you'd expect to find (couch, TV, dvd player, etc). My entire stay was comfortable. The hotel was quiet and the employees were friendly. They even helped me arrange for a rental car pick up at the end of the day! The property isn't luxurious, but the accommodations far exceeded my expectations for the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
What a wonderful review of your stay with us while here in Orlando. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to complete this review and I am absolutely pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for complimenting our staff for being helpful and friendly. We certainly hope to see you on your next trip. Thank you again.
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was concerned before going here as I thought the price was too good to be true. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a friendly staff member and made our way up to the room.

The room had everything we needed for a 3 week stay. By having a fridge freezer we were able to stock up on food and drinks for the duration and with the cooker and microwave, we were able to save money from time to time by eating in. This is very hard to keep to when you have so many great take-aways only 5 mins drive from here.

The location was great. It is right next to the quieter part of International drive but minutes drive away from the main part of I-Drive. Driving to Disney and Universal only took about 10-15 minutes and everything was easy to find at a touch of a sat nav. If you have no car, the couple we went with used the iRide a few times and found this was easy and cheap to use.

The room itself was laid out well with enough storage to put everything. The TV had about 20 channels and was easily swivelled around depending if you are in the "lounge" or "bedroom" area.

Outside you had a decent sized car park and also was an outdoor swimming pool. The pool was reasonably sized and was always kept clean with sunbeds dotted around. Before arriving, many of the pictures seemed to show that the pool is very shaded but my girlfriend was very happy to top up on her tan in the sun on most days out here.

The staff at the front desk and housekeeping were friendly and always happy to help. We received clean towels and the bedding was done for us each day.

There is a laundry area on the ground floor which is only accessible by use of your door pass. I believe that these were fairly priced (I didnt do the wasking but my gf did) but depending how long you are there, may be worth getting some detergent from Walmart. The was also a gym with 3 different exercise machines including a treadmill and exercise bike.

All in all, I was extremely pleased with the hotel and will definitely recommend this to people. I will also be back the next time my girlfriend allows us to come back to the USA!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you ! I appreciate your review of our hotel and its services and I am very pleased that we met all of your needs during your vacation. We pride ourselves in trying to provide GREAT service and FRESH hotel rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to your return in the future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for 16 days and have just returned.

Having paid £444 for our entire stay I must say the hotel represents excellent value for money. We spent very little time in the hotel so just wanted somewhere as a base. If you want a luxurious hotel then this is not the place for you. Having said that, this hotel is perfectly adequate and is far from horrible.

After our first nights sleep at the hotel I had to request to be moved, our room was on the ground floor and the noise from the room above was unbearable and certainly not something I was willing to put up with for the next 15 days. The hotel were only to happy to move us to the 4th (top) floor. Only problem with this is one half of the the 4th floor is smoking, so when you come out of the lift it hits you in the face every time. Having said that our room was right around a corner on the non smoking side and so we could not smell anything from our room.

I did notice some slight attention to detail with the cleaning that had been missed in each room. Both bathrooms had some red splatters up the wall next to the toilet which came off with wipes (I always carry them) and the door frames could do with a wipe down. But overall the room was clean. Fridge was very clean.

The bed was really comfortable. The sofa bed is fine for a child, but I imagine if you were an adult it would be extremely uncomfortable. Our 3 year old found it fine.

Faults with the room: the sink in the bathroom did not drain well. There were these really tiny bugs which attacked any form of food drink you left out on the side even for a minute. Not sure if they were ants as they were so tiny. They didn't get into the cupboards or anything but they did get into my travel bag which I had left some sweets in from the plane, which wasn't very pleasant. Think these bugs should be looked into as they were in different places in the room. And the maid was pretty bad, at one point she just didn't come into our room for 2 whole days. It was only when I notified the reception did she come in. On one occasion she took our dirty towels but didn't replace them, so we had 1 towel between the 3 of us at shower time. And she took my sons bed sheets and his blanket ad never replaced them, so my husband had to go and request from reception. Also she was not very through when she was meant to do a full clean after the first week.

The room was big and I liked the dressing/vanity area as you walked through to the bathroom. Would like one of these at home :D Big plus for me was the amazing shower we had in our room, it was so powerful, more so than the one we had in the first room so it must vary from room to room.

Breakfast: perfectly adequate for what you needed, per packed bagels and muffins, occasionally they also had cereal bars. Then there was jams and peanut butter. A fridge was apple sauces and sometimes fruit. Juices and coffee. Great for a free breakfast! Served 7am-10am.

The reception staff were friendly and always happy to help, and sort any issues. So this is a big plus.

I think the pool gets a bad rep on these reviews. I found the pool good and there are lots of us beds. The pool area gets good sun. Although be warned there is no shallow are for small children. Also no one is never round the pool as they are out at the parks, so you basically have it all to yourself.

There is also a laundry and a gym.

Location: the hotel for us was in a perfect location. Lynx 111 bus stop outside and I ride stop 30. The hotel shuttle is fine in the morning, pick ups 8.20 & 10.55 and drops off at Epcot. You then have to make you way to the parks using monorail (to magic kingdom) and Disney buses to AnimL Kingdom and The DIsney Studios, as someone has previously said you have to get 2 buses to typhoon lagoon/blizzard beach. One to a Disney hotel and then the bus to the waterparks from any hotel. The bus was full on the last 2 days and we had to stand, which was a pain as its a 30 minute journey. We only used it once to come home, reason being it was a much smaller bus which does the pick ups.

The lynx 111 has a stop at downtown Disney and also in the magic kingdom transportation and ticket centre, so it's perfect. It's $2 per ride for adults and my son was free. We used the lynx bus the majority of the time. Even to the airport home, was so easy and dropped us right outside the airport doors. Lynx was well air conned and never packed, the drivers are very helpful too.

The I ride was a nightmare, always full. Bought a pass for $17 each. I have written a more in depth review on the i ride on it's own trip advisor review page.

There is a garage on the corner (5 min walk) which sells groceries, bread, milk, etc. but if you walk past the garage and chuck a left at the end of the road and walk for another 5 minutes, you have a Walgreens, much cheaper for water, we paid $12 for 24 waters in the garage but only $4.99 in Walgreens for the same. There is also a Denny's (amazing) and an iHop (not such. Fan, overpriced for what you get). There is also a restaurant called the village inn 2 hotels down and it was amazing. Great service, great food and amazing pie!!!!! Also give you a small discount if you mention the hotel.

To sum up the hotel represents good value for money and the staff are helpful. The hotel is in a fab location for transporting to and from Disney, which was where we spent 14 days. You have to get to know the buses though. We got up and down I drive to make use of all the restaurants.

I would stay here again if I we using it purely as a base, but for a bit more luxury I would look elsewhere, but would then expect to pay more.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know. :D

Room Tip: We had room 419 over the pool 4th floor.
Berkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at The Extended Stay for 2 nights. Although the room was large, there was a rather small double bed, which wasn't at all comfortable and the sheets didn't fit it properly. A double sofa and a relaxer chair. There was a small corner kitchen with an oven and a massive fridge freezer, but apart from a small desk there was nowhere to sit and eat! There were plates, cups and beakers (but they were all plastic!) in the cupboard and very limited cutlery and cookware. The air conditioning unit was tucked in next to the bed, so didn't actually cool the room and really smelt of mould when it was on.
I reported that our window wouldn't shut as soon as we arrived but was told there was no maintenance until Monday (the day we left) We were on the 2nd floor so it didn't bother us that much.
What really concerned me was that there was not meant to be any maid service as the units are self catering, but on our return after a morning out, someone had been in! They had pulled the bed sheets up, but not made the bed! They had taken away dirty towels, but not replaced them with clean ones and also taken the rubbish from 1 bin but not the other. If we had known that someone would be entering our room, we would have put away, or out of sight, our phones, sat nav and other important bits as there is no safe in the room.
The location was good - stop 30 for the I Trolley was right outside and there was also ample parking. Breakfast was OK, but I wouldn't really expect it in a self catering apartment anyway.

• Stayed October 2012
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I appreciate your time in providing us with your feedback on your stay with us. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We certainly want all of our guests to have memorable experiences to share.
With regard to the house keeping services, we do provide a daily Refresh service to our guests for short term stays. However, the service you were provided does not sound at all complete. For this I truly apologize.
Our rooms are indeed larger than most hotel rooms and provide a comfortable environment for relaxing and stretching out, with the added bonus of the kitchen for cooking.
Your feedback is both important and beneficial in order for us to improve in any way we can.
Thank you again for your review.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our first encounter with the hotel was being greeted by crumbs on the reception desk. As we walked through the hotel looking for our room there was a terrible mouldy damp smell and the hotel looked dim. The room was smaller than expected and the whole hotel’s decor is very dated and in need of a face lift. There was no cooking equipment I had to go to reception to request these as well as bedding for the pull out sofa which was broken. When I went down to reception to get these, the crumbs were still on the reception front desk. The sink did not drain away very well. After a couple of nights we changed rooms because we could no longer sleep on the broken pull out sofa bed which they were unable to repair. The sofa bed in the other room was no better we ended up putting the mattress on the floor because each of us woke up with a bad neck from sleeping on the sofa bed. The main bed however was comfy for so we took in turns to sleep on the bed and mattress on the floor. The carpet had food stains in it and we also had ants. There is 1 pool which is small in comparison to the number of guest the hotel can accommodate. My daughter was bitten twice in the pool by some sort of insect.
The staff were very friendly helpful and did try to rectify any maintenance/repair issues.
Breakfast is coffee muffins and bagels, jam peanut butter and fruit juice.
I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel and would not stay here again. The fact that we had to set up a rota system for who slept on the bed to get a good night sleep is not my idea of a pleasant stay. Location wise it is not very central I would stay directly on the international drive, this hotel is just off ID. This location, (but not necessary this hotel) might be for you if you have small children and want somewhere quiet. The only good thing about the hotel is the staff and the cooking facilities once able to obtain cooking equipment.
There is nothing Deluxe about this hotel.
You can get a 14 day I ride bus pass for $17 or 7 day for $10 children under 12 travel for free. Don’t buy pass from hotel they add tax but the supermarkets and other outlets don’t. I give this hotel a 3 rating because staff were so helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pebble P, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay with us in Orlando.
I appreciate your feedback and remember speaking with you at the hotel during your visit. Again , I am confused about your comments with regard to the hotel being dark, dated and smelling of must or mildew. On the contrary - this hotel and its hallways are rather bright, just having new hallway lights installed within the last few months. The decor is rather contemporary and the only smells we ever receive comments on are when guests are cooking in their rooms.
Kitchens are one of the main reasons people who are staying any length of time choose our hotels, because of the convenience.
I am sorry your daughter was bitten at the pool - as mentioned at the property, our pool is serviced and cleaned three times weekly. It is an outdoor, non-covered pool and Florida does have insects.
Our hotel has many, many repeat guests both short and long term. I apologize that your visit was not fully pleasurable. I do hope you will give our hotel company another opportunity in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood

Address: 6443 Westwood Blvd, Orlando, FL 32821 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
#103 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood 2.5*
All suite hotel within walking distance to the West Wing of the Orange County Convention Center. Hotel is within close proximity to Seaworld, Universal Studios, and all International Drive attractions. All rooms feature a fully equipped kitchen and a comfortable recliner. Outdoor swimming pool and barbecue, fitness center, meeting room are also available. Complimentary shuttle bus to Parks and I-Ride trolley stop is located at hotel entrance. Light continental breakfast is served daily. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Westwood Blvd Hotel Orlando
Extended Stay America Orlando
Extended Stay Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Ctr - 6443 Westwood, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.