“impressed by Customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8687 Commodity Circle, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #227 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Belleair Bluffs, Florida, United States
“impressed by Customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed Dec 30 & 31. Rooms are clean and a great set up. Its quiet and a short distance away from attractions. The continential breakfast is light compared to some. While asleep we had a disturbance at 12:30 in the morning by an employee. Unfortunately couldnt go back to sleep for hours. I spoke with the manager in the morning and he was a excelent example of customer service. He Aknowledged, He Apologized, and he Acted. I will be going back to Orlando for a convention in April and I have booked by reservation at ESD.
I must add that this room has everything from plates glasses and a dishwasher to put them in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Sincerely, Tom Mercier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am usually not so compelled to write a review for the hotels that I stay in. However, this site has been so useful to me in the past when I am trying to plan trips, I decided to help others. My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel from Dec 24-29th. We decided that we wanted to stay in a hotel that had a kitchenette and would be close to many attractions.Let me just say that those were the only redeeming qualities of this hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel, the smell of the chemicals they use on the carpets was sooo overwhelming I needed to hold my breath. The smell lingered the entire length of my stay. When we got to our room a quick scan of the room presented mixed feelings. As advertised, it did have a kitchenette, but the sofa, carpets and chairs for the food table were severely stained. The tub in the bathroom was almost black on the bottom and the cabinets still contained a lot of dog hair from the previous guest. The outside bedding had a blood stain on it.

I immediately asked for a room change ad to the credit of the front desk staff they offered me another room. The next room was marginally better than the first because the tub wasn't black on the bottom and there were fewer stains on the furniture. However, there was some weird white stain on the outside bedding the size of an apple. It looked like caulking for bathroom tub.
I asked for another outer bed sheet and as the woman at the front desk supplied me with another.

It is unfortunate that this property is being neglected because the people the work at this location are nice. I have stayed at another Extended Stay Hotel in Philadelphia and the quality was 100 times better as far as cleanliness.If you have a pet and you are not particular about having a clean room, you won't have a problem here. If you are like me and believe that when you are paying for a room at the bare minimum you should have a room that is clean please DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just needed a room to sleep in overnight and this location had the best reviews at the best price. Great location, quiet but easy access to major Orlando attractions. Staff was very friendly and efficient, if a bit overworked (seemed like they needed more staff as there was a wait which is odd for this time of location to me).

Room was good with all we needed. As an extended stay property, it had a full kitchen which was nice. Room was very clean, flat screen TV. Only room defects were a cracked window frame and frayed curtain. Heat-A/C worked fine. Walking back to our room at 11 PM we saw a man standing outside his room (waiting for hotel staff?) who said he'd be glad when the people right above his room settled down, hall noises and water running/HVAC noises do carry into the rooms, particulary from rooms/halls on the floor above for some reason. Could smell what seemed like Indian food smells from someone cooking in their room when we first arrived.

Room overlooked pool area which looked nice and was quiet.

Location is good as mentioned above, with a number of restaurants shopping right across the street (and a Dodge/Chrysler dealership right next door). The hotel is in a business/office park area and seemed quite safe. Due to heavy traffic and road widening on John Young Parkway, I would not encourage walking to the restaurants/shopping right across the street though.

Did not have time to check out the fitness center or free breakfast (juice, coffee, breads, etc.) though. As an extended stay property, be aware that they do not do housekeeping everyday for longer stays, and they do not automatically provide shampoo in the rooms like regular hotels do (it is available from the front desk though). Late arrivals may mean calling to get someone to come check you in.

All in all, a good stay for a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool area, rather than one facing John Young Parkway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.

Madison, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights the weekend before Christmas. We got a great deal, and this room was way more than our expectations. The room was spacious with a large bed, kitchen area with a table/desk and a flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable and clean. Our check in and check out were simple and problem free.

There was s complimentary breakfast each morning which included bagels, yogurt, and muffins. There was also coffee and juice. The hotel was right across the street from a Walmart, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys, and other retail, which was very convenient.

This was a great location to be close to the Universal/ I drive areas.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Well, considering I got this as a compensation for a stay at another hotel from the same chain, after filing a complaint, I can't complain.... However, here are my observations.

1 - musty smell in our room, same issue as in my previous stay at a different location. Had to open all windows everytime we walked in the room.

2. Bathtub was black. Don't think it was dirty, but it looked like the tub was extremely old and stained.

3. Curtains ripped.

4. Mold all over around the windows.

Staff was very friendly at ckin, and we had a few issues with the TV, and they were all over it. Not fixed, but we are satisfied anyway.

Location is in the business center, but not far from airport and Florida mall.

Room was spacious and functionnal for our family of 4.

Would not stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day.

Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

we have been there for 2 nights during a business trip to orlando. When we entered the room I was really surprised of the size and: Everything there. Great bed, Kitchen, nice bath, TV,DVD, couch, desk, chairs/ Everything new or nearly new. Lovely! What else do want. I would give the rooms 5 stars. But I had to ask for the shampoo (not automaticly on the room - only soap) and the breakfast is only so lala and not oh lala. But excellent value for money. I will stay again!!!

Room Tip: King Rooms in third floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I do understand that you would have preferred a fuller breakfast bar, and assure you that I will bring your concerns to the attention of our corporate office.

Tom Mercier
Bluffton, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

When we arrived the staff was friendly. We were checked in in a timely manner. The lobby, hotel and our room were in clean condition. It was the perfect place for us to stay as we were visiting Universal studios and it was only a 15 minute drive. They are also pet friendly so that was a plus. One complaint that I have is that the walls were thin and I was awakened one night by a couple having a screaming match at 3:00am. Also we saw a couple women late that we assumed were "ladies of the night". The price was great but we won't stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are bringing pets make sure you let them know in advance so that you can secure a pet friendl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ed S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations and out staff. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle

Address: 8687 Commodity Circle, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Wellesley Inn and Suites)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#27 Best Value Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle 2.5*
An all suite hotel conveniently located for easy access to the Orange County Convention Center, Sea World, Universal Orlando Resort, and Walt Disney World. All rooms feature a fully equipped kitchen and a sitting area. Outdoor swimming pool and barbecue area, fitness center and laundry facilities available. Light continental breakfast served daily. Free wifi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway Hotel Orlando
Orlando Extended Stay
Extended Stay Orlando

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.