“Good, but there are better, for the same price” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #140 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brazil
“Good, but there are better, for the same price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The location, for those who want to go to Universal parks, to Premium outlet, or I-Drive, is great. But for a price more affordable, I've stayed in Confort Inn Lake Buena Vista, more to Disney, wich is better. Probably one could find a better hotel in this same area (I-Dr), in the same price range.
The staff should be better, the carpet was not so clean as I would like (i have an infant crawling around) and the parking lot was sometimes full. And there are no public parkings as if it was Miami Beach. In 8 nights, just in 2 we have received the correct amount of towels, and many days they 'forgot' the soap... And one of the maid was rude, in a day the hotel was really full (is not my fault, ok!?).
The breakfast area was full in many days, and the smoke of the waffle maker used to spread all over the lobby.
If someday I'm back to Orlando, would not go back to this place. I've been in 2 others "La Quinta" and this one doesn't fit in their standards.
In other hand, the pool was great, the spa too, the location was wonderfull, just a few steps to Pirate's Cove Mini Golf, and some minutes walking for Wonderworks, Ripley's, great restaurants, Pointe Orlando Mall etc.
The room was just standard.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Biloxi, MS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed here as part of a Sea World package which was a great value. The hotel was ok...nothing fancy. Rooms were mostly clean except for the hair on the bathroom floor. The free breakfast was not that great. There were too many people and too few waffle makers. There was no meat such as bacon, sausage etc, on cereal, waffles, fruit, toast, and yogurt. We opted to eat somehwere else the second morning as it was not worth fighting the crowds.

We also recieved 4 flyers under our doors for pizza restaurants. We didn't order, but we saw on the tourist channel that this is a scam. People sneak into the hotels and put these flyers under the doors. When you order they get your credit card number as payment and then never deliver or devliver pizza made in thier own homes. I wish the hotel would have warned us at check-in if they can't keep these people from sneaking in.

Otherwise, the hotel was in an excellent location for Sea World or Universal. There are also many restaurants and shops along International Drive, just one block away. We might stay here again but would probably look for something a little nicer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Good location hotel, we have been heare for some days and it was OK. They allow pets, so you must be tolerant with noise. Nice pool.

Room Tip: Ask for not smoking room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

1. Most hotels these days offer non-smoking rooms. Upon my arrival, we were given our keys and walked in to an awful mildewy and smoke filled disgusting room. We called and asked about this and were told "we should have requested this upon reservation." Online where I booked, there was no such option. She could not move us due to being booked and instead sent up maintenance with a spray bottle of cleaning fluid for us to spray all night.

A few other exciting room highlights:
pubic hair on bathroom floor, black marks all over tile, mildew-stained shower curtain, cigarette burns in the carpet, etc.

When we checked out, my credit card was billed twice, and I am without that cash for the rest of my trip until my bank returns in 7 days later. The front desk person was at a loss for words on how to help me with that issue, which was LW's fault, not mine.

Two positives about trip: very convenient to convention ctr. and I-drive and the belgium waffle maker was nice in the morn.

Otherwise..I would find another hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We had stayed here several times in the past and liked it. About a year ago we had a problem with noisy neighbors and after wanting to move us at 1 in the morning instead of telling the rooms next to ours to stop partying, we opted to leave and get our money back.
We figured this was a one time ordeal and decided to stay there again last month. !st of all, the 1st room they gave us which was marked as clean, was not.. so we had to go downstairs to get another key and move. Upon returning from our day trip, we found that a senior group was booked above us as well as beside us. I cannot tell you the amount of problems we had, we even told them ourselves to be quiet as we were tired and could no longer stand the constant slamming of doors and yelling in the hallway. The front desk attendent seemed unconcernded and said "it must be the groups".. as though that made a difference to us. after hours of this, we eventually had to go downstairs to get another room, for the 2nd time in one day.. we moved all of our things and found out that the pillows were feather, in which i am allergic. I went downstairs and asked for non-down pillows.. the lady told me "it would take a while, since people steal them and we dont have them anymore and i will have to look for some". i was appalled, all down pillows?! we specifically asked for non down.. at no other time have i had a problem at any hotel but this one. Sad to say we got little sleep and in the morning actually found a shirt in between the headboard and mattress that was not ours.. i guess that room was never cleaned either. we got the room for free for the night, but with the aggravation, i feel like they should have paid us to sleep there.. if it wasnt for my mom, who is a senior, and my 6 yr old tired son, i would have left and driven home that night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

My son just stayed here with his friends on his Senior trip,from what him,his friends and teachers who went say, this is a very nice place with a great breakfast in the morning,very clean and convenient to Universal Studios! My son liked it enough to recommend it for us when we go on vacation soon! In my book(being he's alot like me),if my son says it's clean and nice enough for us,then it is! To me cleaniness and comfort are a big deal!

• Stayed May 2011
Applescruff1981
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

We stayed here for 6 days for a trip to Disneyworld. It was very good location for DW, a maximum 20 minute drive to any of the parks, and is near a lot of restaraunts. Be warned though, the restaraunts on International (the next street over) are frequently very crowded and charge you for parking. As a side note, there is a Publix grocery store at 9930 Universal Blvd that we loved, and had an excellent bakery and deli! We loved it there. I think it helps we stayed in a King suite, which comes with a refrigerator, if you are looking to save money on food. We also went to Kennedy Space Center and Busch Gardens, which over an hours' drive from where we were.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center? Share your experiences!