“Wow! Nice renovation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

You added Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8442 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #180 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wow! Nice renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many many times over the past 10 years when it used to be the Comfort Inn or Quality Inn (cant remember which) but this was my first visit as a Clarion guest. They have done a truely superb job on the room renovations, really really nice job. I had told my friend about this hotel and upon opening the door said to her "I wonder if they still have the horrible duvet covers" my mouth dropped open, nice job guys the room was wonderfully furnished and new and clean!!! Really nice colour scheme and new wooden furniture. An absolute bargain for 65 USD per night. I love this hotel because you can just come and go as you please, nice large fridge and microwave in the room, plus tea/coffee facilities. We had an excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This hotel is need of a major renovation . Rooms were very noisy and small . The hotel backs on to the main highway thru Florida . Breakfast was a waste of time . Would not stay here again.

Heber City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

After reading the reviews I was a little concerned about this property but decided to give it a chance, I was mainly looking for somewhere clean and close to the attractions. We had booked 7 nights and only after staying 1 night we checked out. The water stunk terribly like sewage and when I contacted the frount desk they said they wold send maitenance to look at it. So we left for the day only to come back to stinky water and no help from maitenance or the frount desk. we ckecked into the Royal Plaza Hotel in Down Town Disney which was more money a night but ALOT nicer and cleaner. I would not recommend Clarion to anyone!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Dear 1ping1

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We would love to have the opportunity of speaking with you directly about these issues and hopefully regain your trust in our property and staff, below is the name and e-mail address for our general manager please feel free to contact her directly. In the meantime, we will share your review with our management staff and see what changes we need in order to improve the stay of our future guest.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to hear from you again soon…

Jennifer Rice Palmer

Jrice@clarionlbv.com
Nassau, New Providence Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

We were going to stay in this hotel because we had gotten a discount through our job...From start I should have knew there were going to be problems. The girl who was booking the reservation seemed to be new and she sounded confused about everything I asked. Then when I called back because I forgot to transferred the funds on my card to hold the room they told me not to worry about it because my room would be cancelled so I didn't worry about it and we stay at our friends condo. Well I check my checking account and they charged me $44.99 and $174.99. Now I am fighting to get a refund and the front desk manager Scott really isn't any help at all. My thing is what about making the customer happy. What about admitting that someone made a mistake...All of this could have been avoided if they would've checked my reservation and made sure that my reservation had been cancelled. Instead he told me he would look into it. So I am sure this issue is going to take countless emails and phone calls to get resolved. So for anyone who is trying to stay here I wouldn't for the poor customer service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Lol122

Thank you for taking your time to write a review we are sorry to hear you are not happy with the service you are being provide. We would love to have the opportunity of speaking with you directly about the matter at hand hopefully we can regain your trust in our property and staff. Below I have included the name and contact information for our General Manager please feel free to contact her directly.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Jennifer Rice Palmer

Jrice@clarionlbv.com
Rouyn-Noranda, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel from the 26th of december until the 7th of january.
It's a very good option if you don't want to spend a lot of money on accommodation in your Orlando vacation. If you've ever been to Orlando you know that it kind of makes no sense paying USD 200 per night in hotel since you don't really spend a lot of time in your room.

This option is very good. The rooms are excellent, they have big brand new beds with a lot of pillows, they also provide your with a safe, a microwave and a minibar.
They clean everyday and they will leave your toilet always spotless and full of clean towels.
Every room has AC both cold and hot, so it's very good at any season.

It's a HUGE hotel, composed of 4 'blocks'. They have elevator, and there are laundry machines (cheap, though the drying machine I chose didn't work), also vending machines and ice machines in different floors (there are 4 floors per block).

The employees are 'OK'. They are not the happiest and kindest people in the market, but still they do their work. The second night it was so cold that the lock of our room froze and it wouldn't open; I went to the main building for help and they came to help me with a heating machine, they were cool those guys.

The buffet breakfast is very complete, as well as the CHEAP (USD 10 inc refill drinks) buffet dinner, which is a bargain!! (the service finishes early like at 9.30PM).

Any question PLEASE contact me!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Central Valley, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

I had booked this hotel for 5 days/4 nights. The check in was fast and we were told to go to the customer service desk for coupons. Luckily since me and my fiance are not married yet, we were not bugged to join their time-share program.

ROOM- We found the room to be very spacious and clean. Yes there was wear and tear on the bedding but luckily no stains on the white sheets. The bathroom hand rail was broken, (found this out because i grabbed it when i almost slipped.) Housekeeping was very good on cleaning the room. They didn't replace towels and just left us with what was in the room to begin with. We did not have any roach problems during our stay.

**keep in mind that the WiFi is free, but NOT the wired internet**

POOL- the pool was nice and big. BUT the water was not refreshing at all. It felt like we were swimming in sweat which was not very fun. Didnt seem like there was chlorine in the water at all, JUST SWEAT. So we only visited the pool once.

LOCATION- This hotel is very conveniently located close to Universal studios and the Disney areas. Many food places are also near by. A lot of people walked to the restaurants to get food and brought them to the hotel. Close to 2 major outlets which is open till 11pm (which was awesome).

Overall i think this hotel served the purpose that we intended it to, which was to give us a nice relaxing place to sleep from a full day of walking around the amusement parks and outlets.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by a cheerful girl (I forgot her name) an was quickly run through the check in process- sadly, this was the only positive part of my stay. My party required 3 rooms hoping to have at least 2 of them connect since we had young children with us aged 5, 7 and 12. We were informed that none of the rooms in the hotel connected and all the doors were outside and not accessible through an interior hallway as we were initially led to believe. Had we researched this better prior to making our reservation, we would have not booked this hotel specifically for the reason of the children. The adults would now have to split up and sleep with them in two of the childrens rooms for 5 nights- not what we were all hoping to do on what was to be everyones vacation.
When getting to our rooms, we were put into 2 king rooms and a double for 4 adults and 3 children - the double being 7 rooms away designated for the children. NOT going to happen- AND the hotel KNEW about the arrangements when the reservation was made regarding the children. In addition, one of the King rooms did not have a working TV and the other a lamp that belonged in a night club rather than a hotel room, as it wouldn't stop flickering.
It took about a half hour to change our rooms to find 3 doubles next to each other on the ground floor and then one wasn't ready.
I hung around in the lobby looking at the "attraction flyers" while the *attraction ticket sales* guy wasted 15 minutes following me around trying to convince me to sit in a 2 hour presentation about their time share opportunities in order to get a $50 credit towards a park ticket valid within 24 hours after I attend. He was EXTREMELY pushy and became outright RUDE when I said I wasn't interested many times walking away from him to sit down. He actually said to me how I must not know a good deal when I see one if I didn't sit through this presentation just to get a $50 credit for the parks. (I wasn't going to acknowledge I had my annual pass).
When I finally got to my room it I was overwhelmed by the lovely shade of PEA-GREEN it was painted. The AC hadn't been running so the room had a humid musty smell and the carpet appeared as though it used to be in a smoking room with little burn holes to be found every now and then. After about an hour of AC, the room stabilized as far as comfort, but still had that over all prison feel from the green paint.
ON THE PLUS - the room did have a *working* refrigerator, coffee machine and microwave all of which appeared clean.
The bathroom fixtures all worked without issue excepting that the hot water for the shower never seemed to get as hot as one might expect. You weren't taking a cold shower by any means, but their hot water system certainly could use some updating or maintenance.
The location of the hotel is in an EXCELLENT area. It is smack in the middle of everything you might hope to find in the Downtown Disney area - supermarket for stocking the hotel fridge, all kinds of restaurants, simple attractions like adventure golf and less than 3 minutes to Downtown Disney itself WITHOUT traffic- could be up to 40 minutes if you get that Disney Rush.
I did not use their shuttle service to the parks as it was quite limited and the times were very spread out. We drove ourselves and found it to be faster and MUCH more convenient.
A last issue we had at this hotel was the other guests.
To be fair, the hotel can't help who they accept as guests at their property, but at 4 o'clock in the morning, when a group of intoxicated people return to their room hooting and hollering- making enough noise to wake the hotels across I-4, they should do something about them. When my 5 and 7 year old nieces were awakened from the continued disturbance and the desk was called, I was told that they would take care of it. A half hour later, the noise continued. A second call was made and I was informed that there was no disturbance that they could find despite at least two individuals being somewhere outside my room. Approximately 10 minutes later the disturbance was "resolved".
The following morning, there was broken glass that had NOT been cleaned up from a broken bottle and my nieces had the lovely morning scent of beer wash over them with the breeze.
RESEARCH your choices when making your hotel arrangements in the Orlando area.
EVERYTHING within the I-Drive / LBV area is minutes from each other.
I dont think its worth the few extra dollars in savings unless you intend to do nothing but sleep here, then again, you might not get as much sleep as you hoped to if they haven't figured out how to handle the unruly guests

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
StuntJo,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to learn and improve to better meet the needs of our guests. Comfort, security, and value are all extremely important to everyone here at the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista. We are thoroughly discussing the points made in your comment and are examining our methods to find solutions to preventable problems. Thank you again for taking the time to comment, and thank you for staying with us.

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!