“Brilliant Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

You added Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8442 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #181 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Reading, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in September / October 2012. We had been looking for a cheap holiday away in Europe but then came across this on the Thomson website for just £600 including flights for two weeks! We booked, and tried not to get our hopes up, knowing we wouldn't spend long in the hotel anyway.

When we got to the hotel there was a small queue at reception where a few groups had arrived at once, but it was dealt with very quickly. Our request for a room overlooking the car park had gone through and we were put in a room on the second floor.

The room itself was much better than we expected. Two double beds (brilliant when you've had a long day and want to crash with as much space as possible!), air conditioning, shower and bath, and even a kitchen area with microwave and fridge. There was also a free tv and safe.

The hotel had a bar and restaurant but we didn't go there as there was so much else in the area. Just round the corner was an Italian chain restaurant 'Olive Garden' which was great (although I was so tired I don't really remember it, my partner says it was good!). There was also a sort of leisure park about a 15 minute walk away with a load of restaurants to choose from, they even had a supermarket which was quite a lot cheaper than the shops nearby. On the way here there is also an International House of Pancakes, which must be tried at least once, and a little further than the leisure park was a Waffle House, also amazing!

All in all it was a brilliant stay. Not bad for something booked five weeks before we went!

Room Tip: My partner spent ages looking up tips for good rooms! We recommend asking for one overlooking the ca...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Traveling from Europe to stay with us here at Rosen is an honor. We hope you'll come back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

To start with, I think somebody needs to advise that this is an open-air hotel. I was unaware when I looked at this hotel after getting it on hotwire that this hotel has rooms that are exposed to the open air without a central air-cooled hallway and elevators to pass through. I was frequently drenched with sweat while navigating the buildings. That said, the rooms themselves seemed clean and large. Hotel was a bit noisy due to three buses of teenagers debarking at 10:30PM. The service was kind of terrible too. I waited 15 minutes to check in and almost booked a night at a Drury instead I was so irritated at the way they dragged their heels checking people in. I would not have stayed here more than just a stop-over of one night. We booked a Disney resort for our time at Disney World. I would never have recommended staying here for a Disney World trip - the semantics would have been horrible.

Room Tip: Bottom floors could have been better. You could have avoided a hot sticky elevator at least.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your review and apologize for your check-in being prolonged.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff was courteous and the room was nice. The bar and pool were very useful as was the fridge in the room. You can't beat the location...it is close to everything you could possibly need with regards to eating and entertainment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. Indeed we are a great location with courteous staff and accommodations which makes for a nice stay.
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were delighted to see the great location and newly updated rooms at the Clarion. We arrived around 11:00 in the morning and many rooms were not being filled at the time. With a pleasant demeanor and courtesy to the hotel staff they allowed us entry to our room early. The front desk staff were very kind and willing to help with questions. The rooms were spacious, clean, and seemed very up to date. We had no issues with our stay and actually extended our visit an extra night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing 1-4. It may sound like your would be facing the highway, but the vegetation an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
It's great that you were delighted with our location, rooms and staff. We hope to see you again.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 weeks in may knowing full well it wasnt the best hotel but what we found was beyhond disgusting!!! Our room we found human excrement on a tissue on the floor in the toilet!!! And the bed sheets looked stained in what i can only describe as semen!!! clearly the room had not been cleaned before hand, so i asked to be moved making the reception aware of the problem after a 10hr flight we wasnt impressed!!! Our next room was just as interesting covered in dust and was out dated i stayed in the hotel 15yrs ago as a child and it still looked the same! After the first week the maid changed our bedding when we came back from a full day out i went to get in bed to find my 'clean' sheets blood stained so again i went back to reception with the sheets, the hotel location is great but everything else is disgraceful we are returning to florida next year but staying elsewhere such a shame because could be a great hotel!!! And shame on thomson for sending people there advertising it as a 3* hotel more like a 1* hope this review was helpful!

• Stayed May 2013
Union City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We arrived at the Clarion late at night after a long flight delay. After a full day of travel we were told that we had to go to their neighbor hotel because they were all booked up. I told them I had no way to get there (we arrived by shuttle) and was told to take a taxi. I told them that this was unacceptable and the manager came. After much talking in a back room (about 1/2 hour) suddenly a room became available. It was about 10:30 and my children were hungry and hadn't eaten because of being on a plane all day. We went to the bar and grille, which was supposed to end food service at 11. They told us that they closed out early. We went to the market and couldn't find anyone running it. Ended up going to our room and ordering Domino's.
Another part of our service that was terrible was the help desk. When we said that we weren't interested in a time share talk, that was the end of our help. It was a very rude attitude. I went to the help desk at around 10:50 to ask for a sheet of shuttle times. There was a family in front of me and I waited patiently for 10 minutes. Then I was told.. sorry we're closed. I had to get shuttle times in the morning and found out we didn't have time to make the first one. There are only 2 shuttle times to Magic Kingdom in a day. I asked where to wait and was simply told outside. We waited in front of the hotel to find out that we were in the wrong place. It was across the lot. Thank goodness, I noticed all of the people in a line there before our shuttle arrived.
The room was not in good condition. There was a bug on my bed...not a bed bug thank goodness. We had a plastic wrapped soap on the side of the bath that had some brown yuck on it. I don't want to know what it was.
I would never stay there again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hawkinsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It seemed very secure and a nice visit. Although room was small,did not have a table and beds were full sized., I booked 69.00 a night off hotwire and the clerk advised this was regular rate. Boo to hotwire. I would stay again for a short visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for your review.

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!