“Great value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

You added Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8442 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #181 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this property. Nice lobby area. The rooms were very clean, which is the most important thing to me. The rooms were also a nice size with both a microwave and a refrigerator. The beds were very comfortable, but only had a thin duvet-type thing instead of a bedspread or a thicker covering, which left me a little chilly. Still not a deal breaker or anything. We almost always stay on Disney property, so I've been spoiled by their superb service. That being said, there were only a couple things that I wasn't that happy with. One was not being able to check in early, which in the hotel's defense, we arrived rather early. I just felt that they could have tried a little harder to get us in a room that was ready. The only other thing I didn't care for was the unhelpful people at the ticket and transportation desk. We did get put in a room pretty far away from the elevators, but it really wasn't that big of an inconvenience like I thought it would be. Our room also faced I-4, so there was some noise from that, but nothing that kept us awake. The property was also very close to all the parks, so we just drove instead of using the shuttle service, so I can't comment on whether that was any good or not. I already booked another stay for about a week and a half from now because I was really satisfied with the value. You really can't beat the price. It's no luxury hotel, but it's clean and well kept, and that's what I really care about. The only time we were even in the room was to sleep, so shelling out any more money for a fancier place just didn't make sense.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the highway adding a minor amount of noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for providing feedback on your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed the first two nights in Orlando and it was just ok..
The room was clean which is a top priority in any hotel for us. Seemed dark though - not a lot of light and we were on the top floor which roped around the building after you got off the elevator - room was not very convenient. It was very reasonably priced since you are spending a ton of money on parks, meals, etc..
My only real complaint was the cold shower we had to take on second morning before checking out!! I told the girl at the desk the water was cold and she looked at me and said "really"?? That was it, no apology, no I will let the manager know, no nothing....
We left the area for two days and then returned again but there was no way we were going back there. We actually booked next store at Quality Suites and it was well worth the extra money we paid there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback. We try to provide the best quality for the best price. We hope that you will one day give us another chance. We would love to welcome you back.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Carpets and bed sheets comforters are unclean And they had stains in it.. Towels were torn ... Sinks not clean .and guest package which they offer never go for it ..and the hotel overall is an average one .. Only advantage is tat it's near to all the attractions and specially sea world... We stayed for 5 nights and worst part was unclean comforters and carpets full of stain ... We dint expect it...

• Stayed October 2012
We are sorry to read about the problems you experienced with our hotel. We would like the opportunity to have you stay with us again and rebuild your confidence in our brand. If you are in the Orlando area again, please consider giving us another try.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

As a frequent traveler I have fair expectations for the accommodations I book; however, the experience I had here was unbelievable. I was willing to look past the dirty towels hanging on the back of the door when I checked in and the issue with the lock to the door, but when the solutions that the woman at the front desk provided were wrapped in a rude and dismissive manner, I was floored. Not to mention, when the housekeeper came to take the strange dirty towels, she spent 5 minutes explaining that it was not her fault, she cleaned well. In fairness, the manager was very apologetic for the situations and the front desk clerk's behavior, but no reduction in rate would entice me to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
nyk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

stayed here recently as i got a good deal online and seemed good value for money.

pros
free wifi (slow ), good clean rooms, pool, coin laundry on some floors, ice machines, cola vending machines on some floors, good supermarket, good buffet, very good tour/travel info desk (helpful), ample parking spaces, some restaurants/shops in walking distance, free shuttle to and fro -all disney/universal parks, some discount coupons for shops/restaurants available on purchase of park tickets at the hotel desk....

cons:
taxi mafia in the hotel premises (had one such experience when took a legal metered taxi from hotel premises, the guy from private taxi in the hotel premises approached me and tried to argue (seems that this taxi service is run by the tour company offering free shuttle via the hotel and therefore they want to earn money by planting their taxis in the hotel premises)- I did make a complain to the hotel authorities but no action was taken....
beware, these charge higher than the legal metered taxis , as on the 1st night before this incedent I used on of these taxis to go to downtown disney and got charged a bit higher than the meter taxi.... if you intend to take a metered taxi just walk outside the hotel and get one..

the rooms and bathrooms are a bit worn out and need some renovation, you are not sure to get a seat on the shuttle bus from or to hotel if the bus is full and have to stand all the way (this can be pretty annoying especially after whole day at the parks) as there is just one bus for all the pple, there is no porter service to the room ,but room services/cleaning is available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had been staying at this hotel since my honeymoon in 1988 when they were the Comfort Inn and have always enjoyed our stays here over the years. This time was a bit different. We arrived on Fri Oct 12 to spend 2 days here before jumping over to our Disney Resort reservations . Everything started out fine. We arrived very early 11am to drop off our luggage and grab the shuttle to Universal . The front desk could not find our reservation until I produced our Expedia Confirmation. and all she said was oh ok there you are. I asked about the luggage storage (self storage and not secured but happy all the same) then I asked about the shuttle service information. we hopped the shuttle an hour later to Universal Studios. The problem came in to play when returned to check in and again they could not find our reservation again. Turns out that they were" walking" us to one of their other properties due to group over bookings? Why the girl in the morning did not tell me is beyond me. It was a upgrade to the other Hotel ,The Rosen Centre, for the same price for two nights. I admit I was a bit cranky about having to pay the extra car service fare to our next hotel on Sun.but I soon got over it . It was a sweet deal for us to stay at The Centre for what we paid. Peter the night manager at the Clarion was very helpful he was understanding and composed the entire time. A couple of suggestions : 1) post the shuttle service information on-line even if times are going to change.. it gives people a better understanding of how the system works. We almost missed it because I didnt relieze it only ran at limted times. 2) have the food store open if the restaurant is not. I like the Clarion and hopefully we will be able to come back soon. It`s a busy family oriented hotel and with our 2 youngest children still traveling with us it is excatly what the kids and I look for and enjoy.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Clarion. We booked a package holiday through Thomson - I must admit I was a little concerned about the hotel due to some of the reviews - however I had no need, the hotel was great for what we needed, the room had 2 double beds, fridge, microwave, coffee machine, safe (no extra charge) hairdryer etc everything that we needed. The room was cleaned daily with fresh towels each day & bed linen changed twice weekly. There was no signs of any bugs etc. We were in room 3126 which was directley in front of the pool & splash zone area. We had no trouble from noise from the I4 which was directley behind the pool but you just didn't notice the traffic noise. You are only 10 mins from Downtown disney & 15 from the Disney parks. The shop in the hotel is expensive but there is a Winn Dixie supermarket a few minutes drive away. We only had breakfast at the hotel once & to be honest it wasn't that great. There are plenty places nearby that would be cheaper & have better quality food. The comfort zone bar was nice to go in and if you got back early enough from the parks happy hour was from 5.30pm-8pm. The pool was great with clean towels available at all times our son loved the splash zone area, there was also an arcade area for kids you just changed $1 for 4 tokens. We never got hassled by the time share people so dont worry about that. Note for UK guests you can't buy the 14 day unlimited pass for the parks in the US they don't do them so definitely buy them in the UK before you travel. Would I stay here again - most definitely.

Room Tip: We had room 3126 close to pool, bar, shops etc.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back.

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!