“Will certainly come back again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista

You added Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8442 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #182 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Warsash, Southampton
“Will certainly come back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the clarion inn for 2weeks,to vist all the parks, we choose the clarion inn as they were near the main parks and provided free transfers by bus to them, (as we were not driving) the bus drivers were helpful and friendly, and we're always on time, the buses were usually full but there where always spaces for the 3 of us there and back, down town Disney was also just down the road and u could catch a bus from outside the hotel for a few dollars. The rooms where standard, comfy bed, tea and coffee maker, tv and safe which was free of charge, we slept well heard no noise from the roads outside, we were near the main entrance. Swimming pool was large and always clean, there were plenty of sun beds so always one available, beach towels were also provided by pool side. The food was of a good standard for the price and there was always a selection to choose from, but if doesnt take ur fancy there is also a couple of restaurants within walking distance which were very nice and for a good price we particularly liked Kobe Japanese steak Restrurant and ate there a few times, there is also a small shop to buy food and sweets and also sells a range of clothes and souvenirs. We had a fantastic time and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, we would definietly come back and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

There are three buildings on this property. There is a security gate. The building with the lobby where you check in does not include rooms, but houses a restaurant, bar and grill, and gift shop. The rooms are in the other two other buildings..A family of five exiting the elevator were all talking at once about the bugs in their room "swarming all over the beds, and they were leaving." I asked them what floor they were on and they said the second floor. We were headed for our toom on the fifth floor. My husband and I figured they either inherited what the last people left, or the hotel has a problem. Perhaps they brought them in themselves but only saw them clearly on the white sheets. Our room was clean and attractive, with an iron, board, frig, microwave, blow dryer and coffee maker. The first thing I did was remove the bedspreads on the beds and pull back the blanket and top sheet, looking underneath at the mattresses as well. Everything passed inspection except for the extremely poor water pressure at the sink where it took forever to wash my face, and no hot water in the morning for a shower. I only complained about it after the second day when we checked out, because I thought since we do not get up early most days when on vacation , perhaps everyone else used up the hot water. After thinking about it, there should be enough for everyone, regardless of when you shower. The clerk suggested I contact Hotels.com for a refund, yet the hotel authorized a refund of just one day, since I did not tell them right away so they would have a chance to correct the problem.She also added that they were a "green hotel". Overall, If they fix the hot water and pressure situation, I would consider returning, but how would I know, before booking again?Even if nothing was changed, would the hotel tell me if there was no hot water? I am not likely to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for several nights in a suite, which was well-suited for a family trip. The suite actually had a door between the sleeping & sitting areas, which was nice for my early riser child, who could still be within our hotel room and watch TV while he waited for the rest of us to rally. I would've loved this room on some of the trips we took when they were younger & I needed someplace to be in the night with a crying baby & wanted the security of staying in my room without having the rest of the family lose sleep, too. Be mindful that this is a budget hotel in the Orlando area, which means it takes a lot of wear & tear from families. It is very badly in need of a facelift, but it was clean. Staff were friendly & helpful. The hotel is very convenient for Sea World area (about 1 mi) and an easy drive to Universal. Added bonus that McDonald's, Denny's & Walgreens are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room. The back side of the hotel faces the highway, so those rooms might be a bit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very good price; wonderful location (pretty close to Orlando Premium Outlets - Vineland Ave, to the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe and to Disney); helpful staff; nice bed; clean (even though, it could be better); huge parking lot.

Perfect to young people and families going to shop in Orlando or to Disney.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Wow, for a three star rated hotel I thought this place was really good! Although we had a room non highway side which may have been noisier and there were two of us so the room was a good size. The buffet was good for the price and the staff was friendly; they even let us check in early. Everything appeared neat and we were able to use the free shuttle service for the Disney parks. One driver was very humourous and pointed out exactly how to get around and how to know if taxis are scamming you. There is a city bus that comes regularly across the street for two dollars and that helped too. The only complaint was that the rooms seemed to have very thin walls as we could hear neighbours walking loudly upstairs and talking, and it is split up in four buildings so you may have to walk a lot if you are far from the entrance. But overall, if you are looking for a cheap place without a car close to attractions, I would definately recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Bed was extremely comfy. Lots of pillows,towels/face cloths. Toiletries had conditioner as well as shampoo. Microwave,small fridge and coffee maker. In room safe which is very handy.Armchair and desk chair and 1 spacious wardrobe.4 large drawers. Extra storage space under the sink and TV.I never heard any of my neighbour`s TVs or noise from their rooms,including talking,so got a great night`s sleep every night. The rooms are accessed from the walkways ie like a motel.That was the only downside,as if you had your curtains open (there is a net curtain to give a bit of privacy )then everyone can see in as they pass. Loads of parking spaces. Pool was clean as was the area surrounding it. Room was cleaned well. Check in lady was very friendly with a welcoming smile and quickly checked me in.There is a bus stop right outside the hotel (next to the entrance).I think it was Lynx stop 50,but can`t be sure as I never used the bus.3 miles from Downtown Disney.The "Do not Disturb" signs hung on your door ensure no one disturbs you (been in many hotels where this is ignored),no matter what time of day. Wifi strong and reliable signal (some hotels don`t give enough thought to this and it is a hassle ). I have stayed in 2 Rosen hotels in Orlando and would be happy to recommend them both.

Room Tip: I was in a room facing the car park (freeway is on the other side) ,which although not scenic,gave a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed this past weekend. Please put brighter lights in room...sooo depressing. The pet friendly rooms must be in bldg #4, room seemed clean at first. Upon examination of room(3 am)...blanket was dirty,bathroom counters were dirty,and what seemed to be *$ap smeared on the wall!!
I wish I had taken a picture of the wall...just wanted to clean with Lysol wipes and go to bed.
They allowed us to stay an hour later since we couldnt get to sleep.(yuck and road noise)
Location is good but I will not stay there again.....dogs picked up fleas to top off everything!!
At checkout I just got my bill and left!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We can assure you that this is not the norm for our hotel. We will be discussing your review with our staff to find ways to deliver the best service to our guests. Thank you for letting us know.

Been to Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!