“Great hotel ,except for pool bartenders that were not friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Largo, Florida
“Great hotel ,except for pool bartenders that were not friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great experience at the front desk by Ana ( I believe her batch was for assistant manager) she was very nice and accommodating at check in ,also at check out a oriental lady manager was very nice , Room service food was good . I had reserved a pool cabana and had to go to fitness and the girl that gave me the cooler at 530 am on Saturday 5/2/15 was super nice and answer all my questions /The room was nice and houskeepers did a good job ,I would had given this hotel 5 stars but Timothy and his guys at the bar by the pool need to be more hospitable , they were rude and I think is because the hotel lacks service at the cabanas or the pool (no waiters) so they have a primadonna attitude at the bar , I saw the other bartender with dark hair that has a grindy smile talk to Timothy because somene ask Timothy to smile and the dark hair bartender said "yeah like your job is to smile to everyone" and I was right there listening to them complain about a guest , later after I ordered food I went to get a single drink so instead of making the line by the grill I went on the side were there are bar stools ,to my surprise the bold bartender yelled at me that I have to go on the line , I was baffled and asked him that I just needed a Pina colada and he said again in a very loud manner that I needed to make the line ,so I went to the other side and made the line , the pathetic part was that he was from the right side of the bar screaming :next in line and none of the ladies seemed to want to go to him so I ended being his only alternative ,needles to say I did not go back to the bar again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

For a while I was feeling super stressed at work, tired of New York and as if I couldn't get more stressed I had to help my son prepped since my son was about to get slammed with state wide test. With an impromptu Orlando booking immediately after his tests I winged it and booked this hotel on book it since it stated that kids stayed free of charge, it was an all suite hotel (which mean no big all in one boxy hotel room which I hate to the core of my belly!)...also it's a Disney Good Neighbor hotel so that don't hurt at all. And for those who are unaware that means that you can shop at Downtown Disney in the World of Disney and they can shuttle your purchases back to your hotel if applicable.

Arrival day came and I was amazed, they have a main building that house the check in desk, a gift shop with lots of disney items as well as the eateries in the lower level (All of which are very pricy, save your money and eat at the palethera of places very very near by: Waffle house, Ihop,...at the crossroads in front the Disney World Resort gate is TGI Fridays, UNO's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Ole faithful - Mc'Donalds, Taco Bell and even further down is Pollo Tropical [ Burritos, soup, salad and rice bowls similar to what you would find at Chipotle - just as tasty might I add! ] The list is endless! Very affordable food choices are off site, especially if you are feeding more than 2 for the week ).

The Lobby was very clean, as was the drive ways and walk areas. We were housed in tower III on the uppermost floors and it was clean up there as well. They have executive floors but you need to swipe your card key for access in the elevator. My son, my fiance and I met a lovely lady who said there is nothing special about those rooms but then again, thats coming from a woman who can afford those types of rooms. I should have asked if my family and I could be the judge of that...Anywhoo...Our room was a 1BR suite with a coffee maker which was rather stained with water spots which didnt bother me since I got my coffee from the 7 eleven directly across the street. The living room area had a very large pull out sofa bed - Id guess it to be a queen. There was a desk, chair and a few lamps, a single seat chair (I dont know what you call it, its one of those chairs archie bunker sat in all the time on that tv show all in the family), there was also a mini fridge good to hold single serve sodas, water or some trays of left overs, The microwave was well maintained, no complaints there and there was an ice bucket and plenty of glassware on the entertainment unit. The living room had its on 40-something inch flatscreeen which was nice.

The only thing that annoyed me was the bathroom set up which can be broken down into two issues I quickly got over being that everything else was absolutely perfect. One - The bathroom sink was located outside the bathroom and set up like some vanity type of way which lead to my second pet peeve which was that BOTH the bathroom and sink-area was set up inside the bedroom area. I felt that was a little odd. What if a family had 5 or so people in it that mean everyone in the livingroom would have to intrude on those in the bedroom to use the sink and/or bathroom and what if someone had to poo? (I know sorry - TMI) although thats a natural thing I dont want to be in the same room or area as the fallout, I mean isn't that why most if not all bathrooms in a home is located along some long lonesome hall? Anyway that irked me for a while but it was only us three so I got over it and heavily armored the bathroom with some febreeze cans since we were staying for a few days. The bedroom was huge enough to house two end tables, 3 lamps, another 40-something flatscreen, a large dresser, a center coffee table and another 2 non reclining single seat couch-chair-thingy-I-dont-know-the-official-name-of-setup. Our view was of the parking lot and highway which was awesome, I love seeing a lit city so I didnt mind seeing cars whiz by.

I loved the pool area a lot, some spots in the pool were warm, not really sure if that was the hotels attempt at a heated pool or that was areas that got warm from the beautiful sun rays. Either way their was two pools - a regular and kiddie. Also about 3 hot tubs that I happened upon. All were very clean. Sometimes leaves and flowers from the trees fell in the pools but the grounds keeper scooped them out very ften as they fell which wasn't bothersome at all - maybe a leaf or two here and there.

I cant tell you about the spa, but there is one there to give you a rub down or provide a mani pedi. I assume it was pricy because it was so empty you can count the cob-webs.

Housekeeping came three times a day to refresh linnen, coffee supplies, or drinkware. They do not come in if you leave the do not disturb sign on your door even if they see you leaving your room. I like that. They do respect your space and privacy. They leave behind piles of linnen so you really only need to let them in every two days if you are staying a week or more. You may want to get your own trash bag if youre staying with more than two others because trash cans are rather small. So is the ice bucket but the ice machine is fairly close to the room on the floors so its no hassle to walk back and forth if needed OR ask for a second ice bucket if you have to. They accommodate all requests. I loved that aspect of customer service, room service is 24 hours. Only once I used it because I waited too late to remember drinks so I asked for soft drinks which wasnt too bad in price as other items.

Overall I love this hotel, it was a great value for the price. Its loaded with amenities which we didnt even use. Spa, gym, arcade room, lounge, bar, a hut that sold pool floating toys and other knick knacks, poolside grill with made to order food, tennis court, and basketball court (if someone in your group like basketball bring your own ball or you will have to rent it 5.50 I think for 2 hours of use...ridiculous. I would assume similar charges will apply for the tennis equipment therefore like stated bring your own or find those items cheaper at the nearby target or shopping mall)

As for distance to disney its very close. I rented a car and was surprised that the trip in mid afternoon even with every one seemingly on the road was no longer than 5 minutes and that I loved (FYI each day you visit Disney they will charge you 17.50 so know that you have to pay that each time even if you bought the tickets we did which was the pay for 3 day visit and get the 4th free you will have to pay for each day so it would be better to suck it up and purchase any parking pass. Also please save extra $ if needed and splurge on the fast pass (they call it FP+) this allow you to stand on an expedited line which is priority and get let on rides first. We didnt buy it and it someone what ruined our trip when we realized why most rides we stood on line 40 minutes or more in the blazing florida sun) People would ride, get off and get back on. A lot of rides has 90 minute waits so just buy it because there are inconsiderate people with this FP's and hop on the line continuously. I hate that those without the FB are called stand bys but I guess its their thing. Smh welp moving along.....

Sorry if my review was too long as I wanted the little tips I found to help others save time and money. This is my first trip to florida - period. I never even saw what the disney sign looked like in person and I wanted to give my son the experiences Ive never had. And I can only hope I did a great job in lending a hand to other families reading this wanting to create the same exceptional experience. This hotel is awesome, you will not be disapointed nor too broke when getting back home :) Safe travels and if you go I hope you all have a blast!

Room Tip: I dont think views matter, all rooms were suits. Too much to do outside to care which way youre faci...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed here twice and both times have been in a 2br suite ( so I can only comment on the villas). With the villa you get pecial parking and acces to a small but private pool. The rooms are spacious and clean, but the decor is "quaint" and old fashioned for my taste.

This hotel is in a great location and the staff is friendly enough. But the pool is a little small for a hotel this size and it gets super crowded. I also think that this type of hotel should have a Sunday brunch and cocktail servers around the pool. They have your own towel stations and while we were there they never ran out. But the lounges are cheapy and weirdly spaced. The hot tub Is ALWAYS full so if you are in a villa or suite you will be happy to have the private one to go to.

There were a fair amount of families and the kids had other kids to play with. This is a very reasonably priced hotel, with clean and comfortable accommodations. However I wouldn't stay here for a romantic trip for 2, or with a group of friends...it's just not that kind of vibe.

Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have stayed here before and have always enjoyed our stay. The guest rooms are always clean and decorated nicely. The pool area is family friendly with an additional area for small children. The gym is well equipped with enough machines to go around. The property is quite large, but easy to get around. There is a convention center attached to the property, but it doesn't impede on the hotel guests. The staff has always been friendly and helpful.

I would like to take this opportunity to compliment Elizabeth, who works in the Security/Lost and Found Department. I left a cosmetics bag during my last visit. I called and reported it and was told I would receive a call in a few days. I called two days later and spoke with Elizabeth. She was the most kind, polite, and upbeat hotel staff member I have ever spoken with. She couldn't find my bag in the computer system, but told me not to worry. She was going to personally look for it. She told me she would call me back by the end of the day. Sure enough, Elizabeth called me and had found the bag. This is an employee going above and beyond.

We will definitely stay at the Caribe Royale again and I hope I get to meet Elizabeth!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the ice machines.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We are returning guests at the Caribe, and we absolutely love to see Frances Person. If you want to feel comfortable Fran is the the lady for you. My wife and I had trouble finding room to lounge and Fran was making room for more guests. We think that she is a wonderful example of how to make a difference. Mary and Terry Tower
March 30 thru April 14
2015

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
sterling, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa - which was great for my husband and I and our preteen son. Has a full kitchen, hang out area, dining room table, screened in patio, and 2 rooms with a jetted tub in the master. VERY PLEASED. Only disappointment was the room service delivery. Had missing toppings on pizza and missing items on 2 separate orders. :( Need to work on that but the food is good - just pricey. But when you don't arrive until after 9 pm and are trying to get to the park the next morning - room service 24 hours is a life saver. :)

Lake Mary, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our deluxe room had a nice and spacious floor plan. Linens were about average for a hotel of this reputation. We were in a first floor room abut 5 doors down from the lobby and it was very noisy....until late in the evening.

Also, they charge $9.95 a day for wi-fi. For a hotel at this price point - that's amazes me.

We ordered room service and the food was good and timely. I wanted a baked potato with my meal and was told they didn't have any potatoes. Hard to believe...after all, there is a 4-star restaurant on site.

This is not a place that is going to go out of their way for their guests....just another Orlando hotel near the attractions. Nothing special.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
DB-Caribe, Guest Relations Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Caribe Royale Hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We are sorry to hear some areas did not meet your expectation. We sincerely wish you had given us a chance to investigate and rectify these issues while you were here, so that we could make your stay an enjoyable one which it should have been. We hope you are willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around .

Management

Been to Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!