“Great location, Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #100 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodstock, GA
“Great location, Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at the hotel as a lower cost option to staying on resort. We were excited about the shuttle. Sadly we never used it. The shuttle is on a schedule and not always going at good times. A great example is for Magic Kingdom. While we were that park stayed open until 1. The problem is the last bus that left the hotel was 4pm. So with younger kids you want to get to the park later after dinner so the kids could take a nap. When we went to the other parks the bus did not leave until the park was already open. The rooms were nice. The beds were not luxury the pillows were not soft just avg. The drain in our tub drained pretty slow. Not enough to have it fixed but if you took a long shower or washed the kids even without the plug in it filled up the tub. The remotes on the TV did not work well. It was great to have a fridge to keep drinks in and it has a microwave even though we did not use it. We stayed in Tower two which is close to the convention center. Parking was tougher there than the other towers. Tower 1 parking was pretty empty and ours was full adding to the walk. The pool is great and was pretty warm for the time of year we went.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Arabic first
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute booking and trip for the three of us. Whe we pulled in to the main drive I knew we were going to be in for a good 4 days. Having stayed in the Disney resorts in the past, we were unwilling to spend crazy money for a small room. The my wife and daughter were amazed by the size of the villa when we entered. We were met by a clean, fresh and pleasent 2 bedroom house sized room. There was ver small problems that were corrected in minutes of calling the front desk. The air conditioning needed a tweek and the toilet needed asmall repair. All done quickly and the issues were fixed. The pool, and ssurrounding grounds were clean and well kept. The bar prices were not crazy and there were plenty of food on site to feed on. The staff was happy, pleasent and glad to help us with anything we needed. There were a few conventions taking place but you would never have know they were there due to the size of the property. There was also a good sense of security at night with the local law enforcement driving throughout the parking lots. The negatives were smll but annoying. Charging for any internet access is unnecessary. $10.00 a day for room wireless and wired access as well as the house computer charging .75 cents a minute is a bit petty. But our next trip to Orlando this will be our place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I booked a long weekend trip for my husband's birthday here. We travel frequently and I don't want to say we're snobby, but we do have certain expectations and after some research and reading the reviews, I am thrilled with my choice. We are from Boston, so typically by Feburary we are anxious to shed the winter weather and head into the warm. So, we weren't looking to go to the theme parks, but relax by the pool and go out in the evenings.Many choices for meals at the hotel and we liked the fact that there was a 24 hour option for snacks. Breakfast buffet was a bit pricey, but you are on vacation, so it's a bit expected. Lobby, and hotel itself are beautifully maintained. Rooms are well appointed and plenty of room for both of us to move around. Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful when we were looking for dinner options outside of the hotel. We took advantage of the hotel shuttle into Downtown Disney one of our nights, which was very convienent. Overall, perfect choice for us, and we would definitely recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My recent visit was for business. However, there were many young children there obviously to visit the Disney Parks. The Hotel was excellent. The rooms were spacious, clean, extremely comfortable and the amenities were great. The fact they offer around the clock food service for take out is exceptional, especially for families with children. You can purchase everything from milk to beer and wine at a reasonable price and take back to your room to enjoy. Plan on going back and taking the grandchildren!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greenville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I can't complain about the hotel. Wonderful location and very close to Disney. Pool was heated and my kids enjoyed their daily swims. My issues stem from the customer service we received during our stay. Check in was a disaster to say the least. After arriving late in the middle of a thunder storm, I was informed that the hotel did not have my reservation. I showed the ladies at the front desk my confirmation and they told me there was nothing they could do to help me. Needless to say that was the last thing I wanted to hear after driving 9 hours in the snow, ice then rain. My battery was dead on my phone and I asked them to call the reservation company for me. I was told no, that they couldn't do that. I had to go back outside in the pouring rain to charge my phone to call. After waiting on hold for 15 minutes, I had to make a second call because the hotel staff gave me the wrong number. Come to find out, they gave me the hotel line that they were supposed to call. So I looked up the number myself and after waiting about 10 more minutes, my reservation was fixed and the staff finally could help me but by then, I was less than pleased. The bad customer service only continued that night when I went to the pizza place and asked to see how large the $13 pizza was only for the man to roll his eyes at me and state that "it's a 12 inch pizza". I've never dealt with such an unhelpful hotel staff and I travel monthly. The next day, I asked for recommendations on area restaurants only to be told "I don't know" and "I haven't eaten at any of the nearby restaurants". I honestly can't imagine that I'm the first person to ask that question. All in all, the hotel is very nice but the staff needs to be retrained or fired.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am very unhappy to report that i will not be staying at the Caribe Royale ever again. The rooms were very clean, nice hotel, etc, however, when i booked a third night after 2 very satisfying nights there, the management staff failed to inform the housekeeping staff that we were staying. The front desk told us that we would keep the same room but issued us a new set of keys for that room. So, off we went for a day of shopping, and upon our return at 4:30pm we saw that the housekeeping cart was parked in front of our room. We entered the room with our new key, only to find that she had cleaned us out! All of our belongings were gone, except my clothes that were still in the closet. Like a dummy, I had left my ipad in the room. I found it on the housekeeping cart between two towels wrapped in a disney bag, clearly hidden from site. Almost everything was hidden in places on her cart. Behind boxes of tissues, wedged between the towels, in bags hanging on the side of her cart. I found almost all of it while she went to get her supervisor. Apparently their policy is for the housekeeper to simply have a free for all with anything they see in an obviously still occupied room, instead of calling their supervisors for clarification. One simple phone call. The rest of our stuff, mostly incidentals, were "thrown away". Oh, but we did get a free breakfast out of it. Somehow that just doesn't seem right, I'll NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Be careful, housekeeping staff is not honest.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed four nights at great rate, about 120. Suite was large with separate sitting room from bedroom. Bed was very comfortable, room and bathroom very clean. As close to WDW as on site properties where we stayed previously. Great service. Will consider strongly for our next trip.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!