“Great hotel option - Will be back” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #99 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great hotel option - Will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

If you're looking to save some $$$, and still get a nice suite, I recommend this hotel. We stayed in tower II, which has a coffee shop in the lobby floor. Even though we didn't use the pool, it looked nice and warm.

The hotel was decent, nothing outstanding, yet it had all of the comforts we needed. Based on the location, the price paid, and the amenities, we will definitively stay here next time.

Stayed November 2013
DB-Caribe, Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you find Caribe a great value for your money and your family liked the accommodations and the pools.

Glad to hear that you will be back again for future visits and hope to show you that our "We Mean it" customer service is what makes us special!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Arabic first
FT Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The Caribe Royale is a beautiful property. Our room did not dissapoint, we had a Junior King Suite with a sleeper sofa for the kids to sleep on. We also had a jacuzzi tub that was very relaxing.

We were in tower 2, so if you're not familiar with the property you check in at the reception which is a separate building from one of the three towers but its not bad at all. Parking is right in front of whatever tower you stay in.

The main pool and the toddler play area pool are both heated. The kids loved it.

The food from the pool area bar was actually very good and csfe largo was ok. Its open 24 hours a day which is very convenient.

We loved our stay at the Caribe and look forward to going back again!

• Stayed November 2013
We are very appreciative you took the time to let us know about your recent stay.

Glad to discover you loved the spacious accommodations and all the amenities the rooms and the resort include with it. We additionally are glad that you enjoyed the food from Café Largo and the pool bar.

We are grateful you are looking to return to continue making memories with your family!
lvthesea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had trouble with this property from the time of my first reservation and it went downhill from there. A simple mistake that could happen anywhere, I did not receive the email with my reservation confirmation. I called back a few days later and the person at the reservation center emailed it to me. I then called to change my Thanksgiving dinner buffet time 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. I was told they did not have the book but would call me back within the day. I did not hear back. I called back 2 more times and never got a confirmation that they could change my time. I also called to inquire about checking in. I made the reservation in both my husband and my name but it showed up in just his. I asked if I could check as we would be arriving separately. I even mentioned that I would be using his credit card, I was assured I could. When I arrived the front desk supervisor was rude and arrogant from my first moment with her. At first she said I could not check in at all since the reservation was in my husbands name. She then said I could check in but with my credit card. I explained I did not want to use that card and she would not let me check in. I spoke with the manager and explained to him about all my phone calls regarding checking in and the buffet. At that time my husband finally arrived and we checked in. I was told the dining services manager would call me regarding the buffet the next day. He did call but even after assuring me his manager would call the next day to confirm my buffet I never got a call. We waited till almost 11:30 for the call missing out on several hours in the parks. We finally cancelled the original time we had and went somewhere else. The Caribe is just not all it is advertised to be. The rooms are nothing special, actually on the small side. The pool area is nice but the hot tub is much too small. The beds felt worn and not what I would expect from what is supposed to be a top rated resort. They also charge for everything including Wi-Fi. I won't be back and encourage you to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Please allow us to apologize if your stay at Caribe was not what you anticipated....

Please feel free to contact a Resort Manager, (there is one available to you 24/7), to discuss your recent visit to Caribe Royale at your convenience.

We would love the opportunity to turn speak to you personally. The phone number is 407-238-8000.
Limerick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed in the Caribe Royale in Tower II. We were overseas visitors. We dined in the hotel on our second night. The food was only ok and extremely expensive. But what really ruined our stay in this hotel was that our child's comfort towel was removed by the housekeeping staff and no efforts made to return it. I was actually made to feel bad by complaining. I felt it was a volition that our child's personal property was removed and caused our little girl extreme upset. Very disappointed and it put a damper on our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
DB-Caribe, Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Please allow us to apologize if your stay was not what you had anticipated.

Our top notch chefs attempt to accommodate everyone's tastes as well as a variety of budget requirements, but if you still cannot find something to satisfy your taste, we are a short ride from a whole hosts of restaurants which our concierge team would have been happy to share with you.

With many of us having our own children, our team can totally empathize with the loss of your daughter's "comfort towel". Sometimes there are items that get mixed up with sheets or towels that are near or on the bed. We have an entire team of people that sort through our laundry bins to ensure that these items do not end up in our laundry. If they are located, our team turns these items into our security department. We will also search the suite ourselves with you and after you check out. If they find it they have your information and will return the item to you.

We certainly would not want your daughter to be upset and apologize if this changed your opinion of our hotel. If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact a member of our management team by calling the hotel at 407-238-8000. Someone is available 24/7 to speak to you.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our family stayed at the Caribe Royale villas over the Thanksgiving holiday and found it to be an adequate place to stay. We had a party of six and stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. The rooms were generally clean with a large amount of space. Amenities were average with the decor a bit dated, but livable for a family spending much of the time at the Disney parks.

Access to the Disney parks was easy...the hotel is only a few miles from the entrance. A very convenient location.

Stayed November 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Caribe for one night while taking my daughter to Disney World for the weekend. I was checking in on my birthday and one of the awesome perks they offer is a free night if you check in on your birthday. Unfortunately I did not find out about this hotel until two days before my trip. I called to inquire but they told me they had already sold all their birthday packages. I chose to stay there anyway and I had a very nice stay. The room was very clean and had a great view of their fabulous pool and waterfall. The bed was very comfortable and the room was stocked with Bath and Body Works products which I really liked. The room itself was very nice and comfortable. The hotel was quiet although I did notice a lot of families on the property. Ultimately when I checked out I realized they did give me a great discount on my bill most likely because it was my birthday and they were unable to offer the birthday package. I had no complaints about my stay, the hotel, the staff. They even let me check in a few hours early. I will definitely return and recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: I stayed in the King Deluxe suite with my husband and toddler, we were very comfortable.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We always look up Caribe Royale first when we travel to Orlando. The pool is amazing and spacious and warm. The fitness room is top notch. It really is a resort! The suite rooms accommodate bigger families and give you plenty of room. The staff was friendly and the room was always made tidy daily.

Room Tip: Call on Wednesday when they offer their best prices. Plan in advance for the best deals.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!