Just come back from a fantastic 2 week holiday in Orlando staying at the Caribe Royale. We could not have picked a better hotel. Ideally situated for all Orlando attractions, 2 miles from Disney, quick drive up the I-4 to Universal, straight road to Boggy Creek Airboat rides, near the 192 (tourist strip) and I-drive (tourist strip) and easy access to/from the airport. Pizza place across the road along with a 7/11 and a CVS pharmacy/grocery shop. Close to Lake Beuna Vista Shopping Outlet and Walmart. Hotel is near an abundance of restaurants - you'll be spoilt for choice.
Hiring a car is recommended and the hotel offers free parking as does all other shops/malls. Getting around is really easy, and we never got lost once in our 2 weeks there - we did not hire a SATNAV, seriously you will not need one, so save your money!! The only parking we paid for was Disney/Universal which I personally thought was a bit steep, but they've got you over a barrel!!
Hotel suite was fantastic, exactly what we needed when we came back after 12 hours at the theme parks, two separate areas where our boy had his own TV in the bedroom area and we could shut the internal door and have our own adult space. Rooms equipped with 2 large TV's, full size fridge, room safe, hairdryer, ironing board and iron, microwave, coffee maker, phone and alarm clock and individually controlled air conditioning. Rooms comfortable and clean, best nights sleep I've had - wanted to bring the mattress home with me! Great bathroom with powerful shower and hot water with great pressure. Leave a tip daily with your maid as different people clean the rooms each day/week - we were a family of 3 and left $2 each day for the maid. We did have a room close to the elevators on our floor, so you do hear people coming and going a bit - but it didn't bother us that much.
The swimming pool was amazing and towels are provided. The pool is open from 8am-11pm!! So to swim in the dark was amazing. There is also a water slide and jacuzzi. No problems getting sun beds - but this wasn't a priority for us as we were there for the theme parks primarily.
Coffee shop in Tower 2 and a Spa in Tower 3, although we didn't use these facilities. Tennis courts and basketball courts available to hire as well as a fitness center - all of of which we did not use so cannot comment on them. There is a 24 hour deli also as well as other bars and restaurants, but again - we did not use these facilities as there is so many restaurants to choose from close by. Cheapest buffet breakfast we saw was $4.99 - so why eat at the hotel??
Overall I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, it's perfect for families wanting a base whilst seeking thrills in the Theme parks - Best two weeks ever.
Thanks Caribe Royale
McClellan family room 3823 from 31 July - 14 August 2013
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel And Convention Center
- Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel Orlando
- Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel
- Caribe Royale Orlando Hotel
- Caribe Royale Orlando
- Caribe Royale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-suite hotel located 1.5 miles from Disney. 1,218 one-bedroom suites, 120 two-bedroom villas with free cable in a high definition format. Tropical pool with waterfalls and waterslide, fitness center, game arcades, night-lighted tennis and basketball, two business centers, 150,000 sq ft of meeting space, The Island Spa. 24-hour room service, 24-hour deli, casual and award-winning fine dining, two lounges and coffee cafe. Hertz rental car desk with rental cars on property. Free scheduled shuttles to Disney. NO RESORT FEES, FREE PARKING! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.