“Great experience at the Caribe Royale!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #101 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland Oregon
“Great experience at the Caribe Royale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just finished a 4 day conference stay at the Caribe Royale. This is a wonderful place to stay in Orlando! I was in Tower 1 overlooking the pool, facing east. The suite was more space than I needed for one person - it's got two beds, plus a "living room" with sofa, chair and desk, two large screen TV's, fridge, micro, coffee maker. it would be perfect for two people or a small family. The rooms were very clean, nicely decorated, large - much nicer than just one normal hotel room and the price was good!

The work-out building is Excellent and Big for a hotel! Lots of machines! The pool is nice with a slide for kids and there were plenty of chairs, even though the hotel was full.

Several shuttles run daily to the Disney parks and also to the Premium Outlets. I took the Outlet shuttle twice - it holds only 13 passengers, so get in line early or you'll miss out - especially on the return trip. There was also a shuttle to our main conference hotel, the Orlando World Center Marriott, which ran continuously throughout the day. It was really quick and a well-run operation! I didn't have a car, so was concerned about being in the "overflow" hotel.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is not super close to anything, though you can walk across the street to the CVS store, souvenir shop, and a few small restaurants. CVS sells groceries, wine, and other stuff much cheaper than the hotel, which I wish I had checked out sooner! I got salads and sandwich stuff to save on food costs.

If you don't have a car, take the Mears Transportation hotel shuttle from the airport - there are desks near the baggage areas. Buy the round trip ticket and then just call a day ahead for pick up arrangements. It's very easy and reliable.

I really enjoyed the Caribe Royale and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are coming from a different time zone, like the west coast, request an east facing room. Get...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Caribe Royale is a very large hotel that consists of four towers, separated by a courtyard with a pool and spa. I asked for a normal room, and that turned out to be a suite, with separate bedroom and open-up couch. If I had my family with me it might have been ok. The rooms are slightly outdated, but they're clean and generally quiet. I was there for a conference, which was easy to get to from Tower 2, where my room was. The problem with the hotel is it is not convenient to very many restaurants. For a conference this really presented a problem, because either you ate lunch at the conference center or you had to travel a while in a car, and there's a lot of traffic in the area. As annoying as this might be for lunch, it's doubly so for breakfast, because their buffet is quite limited compared to other hotels.

I'd say that if you're looking for a relatively inexpensive close-to-four-star hotel that is relatively convenient to the attractions, but not onsite, this isn't a bad bet.

Room Tip: For conferences, Tower 2. not ground floor.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stay in this hotel for one night because of a conference being located in its huge convention center.

I would not say much about the hotel because I arrive in the midnight. Nevertheless, I would say that the breakfast at The Tropicale is very good and the waiters there are very attentive and keep asking if you need any refill of coffee and water that I appreciate. Regarding the Wi-Fi internet connectivity in my room, it is not that fast but reasonable. I do like that the room has a separate living room/area.

The 2-floor fitness center is good - lots of treadmills and equipments to enjoy a great workout but I hope that the opening hour would be extended beyond 9:30pm!

Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just arrived home from a week spent with my family of 5 at the Caribe Royale. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about this property. We arrived on a Monday, even though check in was not till 4pm our room was ready at 2 pm, and there was no line up. Check in staff we very friendly, no problems. We stayed in a two bedroom Villa which over looked the Villa pool, and pond with water fall. Our Villa was fabulous, very spacious with all the comforts of home. We loved having the full kitchen with dish washer and laundry room right in our room. In the master suite we had a very comfortable king sized bed with jaccuzi tub. Our 3 daughters aged 16, 13, and 10 shared the 2nd bedroom with had 2 queen sized beds in it. They also had there own bathroom. There is also a queen size pull out sofa if you need it in the living room area. We also had a large eating area or you could sit up to the breakfast bar at the kitchen area if you wished.
The free parking was great and we always had a wonderful close parking spot right near our door even though the hotel was full!!
We loved the heated private Villa pool, the water was 85 degrees and there was rarely anyone in it, the most we ever saw in the pool was 3 family's. There is also a hot tub in the private Villa pool area. We did venture over to the large family hotel pool with waterfall and water slide, the water was a little cooler in this pool, and some days it was very busy with little seating for our family of 5, so we would just go back to the Villa pool. There was a nice bar and food available in the hotel pool area.
The only problem we had was on our first night there was a large bug on the kitchen floor, and when we tried to catch it, it would run under the fridge. We called front desk first thing in the morning and within 5 min we had a ring on our door bell and maintenance was there with bug spray and sprayed under the fridge and stove, and we never saw another bug again. They said it was a palmeno bug???
The location of the hotel is fabulous, we were 10-15 min from all the attractions, including all the Premium Outlet malls, and restaurants. We never ate the hotel restaurant. There is a CVS right across the street which you can walk to.
We would highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Villa's on floors 3-5 have a wonderful view of the pool and pond area with waterfall. Rooms on t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is flat out horrible. When I arrived, I had to wait TWO hours to gat Ito my room! Are you kidding me? I was told that there was a "mass check out earlier that day." I work in housing and with summer conferences and we have flipped rooms in three hours. YOU STAFF ACCORDINGLY!!! You can't tell me EVERY person had a late checkout.

I needed to be at my conference at 5 and needed to change. That didn't happen! I was pissed! i not inly paid a lit of miney for this dang hotel room, but also my conference. Lack of planning and poor management meant I had to suffer.

When I asked to speak with a manager, magically my room became clean and ready. Really?!

I was told the manager was busy helping someone else so the person working said the manager would call me, because the desk had my number. I am STILL waiting on that call.

I went to talk to the desk the next day. When I explained my situation, and asked to speak with a manager, the lady seemed reluctant. I have the name of the person I talked with the day before. She said all she could do was give me a voucher for breakfast. I said that wasn't good enough and again, asked for a manager. The manager came out and offered me two vouchers for breakfast. Really?!? That doesn't give me back my part of te conference I had to miss. That did not make me happy.

When I went to checkout, I had a lack of faith in the front desk given my previous experience. My roommate, with whom I was splitting the charge went with me. She had initially made the reservations and asked if it was possible to have my name on the room as well so that I could get reimbursed by my employer. We were told that was fine. When I checked out, my roommate's name was on the bill and not mine. When I asked if I could have it printed off with my name and the person working said that wasn't possible. I told her I needed a document that had my name on it with the room. She said she couldn't give me that. How can a conference hotel have that response!?!? When I said I needed something with my name on it, she said the person I gave my receipt to would have to call to verify the information. I told her tht was unacceptable from a conference hotel who should be used to these things. I informed her I was not leaving until I got something with my name on the room. She finally printed off a paper that I needed and threw it at me! This is extremely unprofessional! I should not have an employee throw something at me!!! Especially when she printed off exactly what I needed and had the capability to do so the whole time!

This is the poorest customer service I have ever experienced and will suggest that this national conference NEVER EVER use this place again! And I know I am not the only one who will be suggesting this as many other people had the same problem as did I.

This is NOT how to run a business!

• Stayed March 2013
CaribeMktg, Manager at Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Good afternoon, guest service is a number one priority at Caribe Royale, and we would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally about any challenges you may have experienced while staying at our hotel. At your leisure, please feel free to contact the Resort Management team 24/7 at 407-238-8000 and request to speak to us.
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have been to Orlando many times. Many of these big resorts charge for parking and there's not enough parking spaces. This resort has huge, free parking lots! It also has a big pool with water falls and water slide. We had fun spending time at the pool and the jacuzzi. Close to Disney. Great all suite hotel, with a separate living area in each room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
erikaj25
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

If traveling with family, this is your hotel. Large, clean rooms. Great pool. Good location, close to everything in WDW. No charge for parking, beware of Orlando hotels that charge for parking and you have to park far far away from your room/building. I can't comment on the rest because we ate outside.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!